Nokia Lumia Icon on Verizon test website

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Was the Nokia 928 always $399.99 off contract? I thought it was $399 but I just checked the Verizon website and it's $399.

I recall it being $599.99 off contract until recently. It may have been lowered after Thanksgiving, when Verizon started offering the phone for free on contract.

puttlikezach

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So what is this phone missing that we wish it had? MicroSD, Xenon Flash? Anything else?

Seems like there is never a phone that has it all but this one gets really close! I have a 8X on VZW and will be working hard to find a way to get this one!

A 41MP Sensor would have been kinda cool. I'll take 20, but double that would have been juicy. Does ATT own the rights to the highest Lumia MP Sensor or something?

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So what is this phone missing that we wish it had? MicroSD, Xenon Flash? Anything else?

Seems like there is never a phone that has it all but this one gets really close! I have a 8X on VZW and will be working hard to find a way to get this one!

From the reports I have read, this will have MicroSD. Could be wrong, I guess we'll have to wait.
Xenon Flash isn't a huge deal to me, because I haven't been that wowed by my wifes 928 Xenon Flash.
I would love a 1020 VZW version.
I will get the 929, but 5" is too big for me.
I loved my Trophy and if I could get a top end phone with a 4-4.5" screen and a 41mp shooter, I would be satisfied. I don't care about a hump on the back.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
From the reports I have read, this will have MicroSD. Could be wrong, I guess we'll have to wait.
Xenon Flash isn't a huge deal to me, because I haven't been that wowed by my wifes 928 Xenon Flash.
I loved my Trophy and if I could get a top end phone with a 4-4.5" screen and a 41mp shooter, I would be satisfied. I don't care about a hump on the back.

Could you link to the reports about microSD? Everywhere I look, I hear there is no microSD. I thought that was all but confirmed at this point.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

5" (or there about) is the gold standard for anything of note that isn't iPhone anyway and remember screen size is only part of the equation. Hold a Moto X and an HTC One together and you'll never believe they have the same screen real estate or that the LG G2 is 5.2". The real issue is really whether or not the damn thing gets released before 1080P becomes the new 720P. I'd say the window of marketing opportunity is about the end of January.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Qualcomm did implement battery savings into the 800 but in regards to the device he brought up (Ativ S), I doubt it will have similar battery consumption given the power required to drive the high pixel density.

For example, look at the LG G2 with a 3000mAh battery. LG more than likely increased it from the Optimus G's 2100mAh battery to compensate for the increased battery consumption a 1080p screen brings.
Fair enough. My point was mostly that the battery life will be a parallel move between the 928 to 929. You might not see any performance improvements nor any hindrances.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Why would I write anything negative? It would be a joke

Why would you write anything period when you have never even used the device? I understand it may be a joke but reviewing a phone when you don't even have it is why I never even look at carrier sites for reviews because 99% of them are trolling/never even used the device.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Was the Nokia 928 always $399.99 off contract? I thought it was $399 but I just checked the Verizon website and it's $399.

When the 928 first came out it was $549.99, then dropped (maybe a week or 2 later) to $499.99....

MicroSD ? It just really shows what we really know about this phone. A lot of the specs are more rumor than anything else till Verizon/Nokia officialy releases it...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Specs are now up on the site.
2420mAh battery, 5″ 1080p AMOLED screen (441PPI), 2.2GHz quadcore, 20MP
5.39″(251mm) x 2.79″ (70.8mm) x 0.39″ (9.9mm)
5.86 oz (166g)
MicroSD is not mentioned. Curved gorilla glass 3 and metal chassis is mentioned.

I would have not minded to see similar screen to Lumia 1520 IPS screen. That screen is one of the best screens ever fitted to a consumer mobile device imo. Though this will be Nokia's first 1080p AMOLED Clear Black display.

Lumia 929 once again visible on Verizon’s site, 9.9mm thin, Metal Chassis | WPSailors
LeakyLeak: Metal, 166g, 2420mAh 441PPI battery for 5″ Nokia Lumia Icon/929 – Verizon leaks specs : My Nokia Blog

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre