Chances for announcement tomorrow?

wintrmte

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking it's doubtful. I was in the Verizon store yesterday and happened to ask the guy if he knew anything about the Icon, he said that he had not heard anything and they generally know about 2 weeks before the phone goes on sale.

But, I will say this -- the HTC One Max was announced and available on the same day, so... Fingers crossed.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking it's doubtful. I was in the Verizon store yesterday and happened to ask the guy if he knew anything about the Icon, he said that he had not heard anything and they generally know about 2 weeks before the phone goes on sale.

But, I will say this -- the HTC One Max was announced and available on the same day, so... Fingers crossed.

This isn't necessarily true. Especially with WP8. Announcement could very well happen tomorrow. I actually feel more comfortable with tomorrow than any other previous date.

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post on the forums. Hello all. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to actually play with the 928, 929 Icon will be my first WP. The guy said they took down the 928 demo in-store. That gave me hope that the Icon will be announced tomorrow since there are no WP's out on display. And maybe it'll be available for purchase next week?

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I posted in a couple of different threads that I know for fact that the MS store near me has accessories, and I also saw firsthand the accessories in a Verizon store near me. If the Verizon store has the accessories, then the phone is coming very soon. Most likely with the next week or 2. I called 3 different MS stores today and asked as well. One of the MS Store reps thinks the phones will be available between the 20th and the 25th. We'll see...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I posted in a couple of different threads that I know for fact that the MS store near me has accessories, and I also saw firsthand the accessories in a Verizon store near me. If the Verizon store has the accessories, then the phone is coming very soon. Most likely with the next week or 2. I called 3 different MS stores today and asked as well. One of the MS Store reps thinks the phones will be available between the 20th and the 25th. We'll see...

Thanks for your work, bro. Much appreciated.

Matthew Moore4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I went to our local Verizon store tonight, and the 928 was not to be found. Could be Verizon's predictable insouciance with WP, but could also be a good sign.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

The 928 was announced on a Friday and available the Thursday following the announcement. An Icon announcement tomorrow or Friday with availability about a week after puts us right in the middle of the 20th to 25th. Fingers crossed.......

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I went to our local Verizon store tonight, and the 928 was not to be found. Could be Verizon's predictable insouciance with WP, but could also be a good sign.

Perhaps you might want to look up the actual definition of insouciance. Last I checked VZW sells three Windows Phones and a Nokia Windows tablet. The insistence around here that VZW does not support the platform is really quite tiresome.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Perhaps you might want to look up the actual definition of insouciance. Last I checked VZW sells three Windows Phones and a Nokia Windows tablet. The insistence around here that VZW does not support the platform is really quite tiresome.

Verizon has three Windows Phones all of which are outdated, by EVEN Windows Phone standards, when compared to the AT&T variants. When compared to the real players it's not even a fair fight. The two Verizon stores I went to had only one WP on display and it was beat up, while there were several versions in multiple colors, fully functional, of the other handsets. That looks like "casual indifference" to me. The only good thing is that while I was playing with the 928... No reps bothered me.

Keith Petrovich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have some solid info? I just bought a 928, and if I can return it to get this.. I will. It just has to be soon! So sick of rumors, just want them to release it! Verizon will not say anything. They know it exists, the rep said Quarter 1. But they are so against windows phones they tried so hard to get me to buy a droid or an iphone.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Does this make sense? Those of us with 928's are waiting for two things, ICON and Black. Which makes more sense, update first or new phone first. I would think that Black doesn't offer enough "new things" to do it first. ICON should come with Black. God, I sound so damn confused don't I. Thoughts if any of this makes any sense, LOL

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Does this make sense? Those of us with 928's are waiting for two things, ICON and Black. Which makes more sense, update first or new phone first. I would think that Black doesn't offer enough "new things" to do it first. ICON should come with Black. God, I sound so damn confused don't I. Thoughts if any of this makes any sense, LOL

I too wonder if I should wait for Black on my 928 and hold off on getting an ICON, continuing to watch these forums and see what pros and cons everyone lists about it.

Plus if I wait a little bit I can nab the special edition red ICON. (sarcasm)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99