What if Verizon is waiting for 8.1?

gbhhbg

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Same post I've put in the other "why no icon yet" threads: Get serious guys...it is probably just a business issue- they still have inventory of 928s on hand to first unload. It is probably just that simple.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Same post I've put in the other "why no icon yet" threads: Get serious guys...it is probably just a business issue- they still have inventory of 928s on hand to first unload. It is probably just that simple.

So just copy and paste your brilliant insight on multiple threads. That's a great idea.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

That's brilliant! Why didn't we all think of that??

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

No company stays in business very long delaying something because they have too much of something else.
Think about it:
1) The Icon would sell faster than the 928, so they're losing sales
2) The Icon is aging, so they're losing sales
3) Given how delays are trickling, manufacturing had to have started, meaning Verizon likely committed some cash which they'd like to get back sooner.

The 928 is a sunk cost, and there are plenty of ways to get money back. Delaying another product isn't the way to do so. Do you ever see Apple pushing back an iPhone announcement to sell more of the previous iPhone? No. Because that's the way stupid companies that don't last long do business.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos