Lumia 929 selling in China

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you really think they would sell a Verizon branded phone in China?

Well, those phones are made in there.
Main point here is not that somebody might have 6 Lumia 929's and is selling them. It's that we got more detailed pictures that even so firmware versions, internal memory etc.

+1, I doubt Verizon is on board with this. I'd not be risking my money but just sayin' seems scam is written all over this.

Of course Verizon isn't on board on this one. :D The seller is just selling 6 phones he got into his hands, if he actually even has them anymore.

Once again, the main point isn't that some random shop in China has got 6 Lumia 929's and you should buy it. You shouldn't. The main point is that we got the most detailed pics of the phone yet.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Would the English language even be available on a Chinese phone? Chinese isn't on U.S. phones generally.

I would imagine that's the case for areas like Hong Kong. Though I don't know if there are different firmware versions between mainland and not mainland China.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I remember that pic of it. Looks sharp.

I'm actually liking it a lot. I thought the phone looked outright boring and boxy from the initial press shot leaked by Evleaks.
Looks a lot better in these real life pictures. Not much bezel there and that curved screen and back do look pretty damn nice. That aluminium ring is also a nicer looking on these real life pics.

Could this be the first time US gets better variant of a phone? Hopefully there will be variant for Europe.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I really hope this is the week they announce it. Those leaked copies in China, plus new videos and photos have me believing that it's soon, but I guess with Verizon we shouldn't be holding our breath for too long. Still, here's to hoping!

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Saw this...
Other than the price tag as well as live photos of the Nokia Lumia 929, hardware specifications for this puppy has also been shared, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 system-on-a-chip, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, a 5” 1080p display, and a 20MP PureView camera to get you started right out of the box. Anyone interested in picking this puppy up when it becomes available?
(I highlighted the bold bit).
This was on a page updated yesterday: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/01/nokia-lumia-929-goes-on-sale-in-china/
However, it looks like the article has been removed... but it's still on cached version:
Nokia Lumia 929 Goes On Sale In China | Ubergizmo

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
That is not true, well part about where phones were built. I have my 4th Nokia and none of my Nokias was made in Finland. First 3 Nokias were built in Hungary ( Nokia 5200, 6220 Classic and Nokia C6-01) and now Lumia 820 is built in China.

I have two 925's and one (16gb) was made in Hungary and the other (32gb) was made in China.

The glance screen on the Hungarian made one is much brighter for some reason.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I thought all Nokia factories in Europe were closed ? So look like they are not. It is however odd that I recived Chinese phone but Hungary is our neighbour country.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Saw this...(I highlighted the bold bit).
This was on a page updated yesterday: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/01/nokia-lumia-929-goes-on-sale-in-china/
However, it looks like the article has been removed... but it's still on cached version:
Nokia Lumia 929 Goes On Sale In China | Ubergizmo

and the specs on that page show....

Other than the price tag as well as live photos of the Nokia Lumia 929, hardware specifications for this puppy has also been shared, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 system-on-a-chip, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, a 5” 1080p display, and a 20MP PureView camera to get you started right out of the box.

32gb and a MicroSD slot ? If that is true, I will be getting this phone....

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
and the specs on that page show....

Other than the price tag as well as live photos of the Nokia Lumia 929, hardware specifications for this puppy has also been shared, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 system-on-a-chip, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, a 5? 1080p display, and a 20MP PureView camera to get you started right out of the box.

32gb and a MicroSD slot ? If that is true, I will be getting this phone....

They're probably talking about the sim card slot...

They also say it has a much bigger battery size than we've seen in the leaked versions of the phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They're probably talking about the sim card slot...

They also say it has a much bigger battery size than we've seen in the leaked versions of the phone.

Like I said in another thread, it really shows what we know about this phone. Mostly rumors till we get the official statement from Verizon/Nokia/Microsoft...

It would be nice tho... I will get the phone for sure if it does offer both. I did notice when they pulled out the SIM slot, it looks like it's 2 sided, it could be a dual SIM or MicroSD/SIM on one slot....

About the only person who knows is who made the phone or the person who is selling the leaked phones right now...

puttlikezach

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The Big Red brass sure know how to execute a quality roll out. Even if this wasn't planned (which I'm assuming it wasn't), they might want to address the situation rather than just blowing silence and ignoring the fact that there UNNANOUNCED MYSTERY PHONE THAT DOESN'T EXIST is now for sale.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so sure WPCentral is available in China because of their censorship and so on, and nearly all Lumia phones are made in China at Nokia's one of three facilities. Shame really, oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb