Lumia 929 selling in China

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Can someone from China comment, is this really possible to order? Not a bad price either Ithink...?

I wouldn't personally do that. One thing is will they ship it yo you (if you live in Europe or US). I got a feeling Lumia 929 might be announced, if not available by the time it ships to you. It looks like they have been manufacturing them for some time already.
Again depending on where you live you would need to pay taxes.

Though you are right that the price doesn't seem bad at all. Actually quite cheap when you compare it to other high end phone prices in China by the Western manufacturers.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
China is known for making knockoffs...I wouldn't trust that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

True, but look at the pictures. You can spot those knockoffs quite easily from such detailed pics like that. They never get them quite as polished as the final product.
Would I trust them to sell me one? Of course not, but for the very least they seem to have handled the real product and posted pictures about it. That's the only thing we care in the end.

Nokia's factory making those high end Lumias is situated in China.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia would have come to know of this by now. I do not think the seller will be able to sell these phone for long before the actual announcement.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Remember guys where all Nokia products are made and coming from? China... so this must have been a product yet to be announced that the guy were able to pick up or steal... who knows.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Remember guys where all Nokia products are made and coming from? China... so this must have been a product yet to be announced that the guy were able to pick up or steal... who knows.

Not all. They have around 7 factories in 6 countries, but yeah high end Lumias are coming from China. Lower end Lumias are also made in Brazil and Korea.

That's likely what has happened. This didn't really use to happen before as much of the very top end phones were made in Finland and the whole prototype production was there. From low end to high end.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Not all. They have around 7 factories in 6 countries, but yeah high end Lumias are coming from China. Lower end Lumias are also made in Brazil and Korea.

That's likely what has happened. This didn't really use to happen before as much of the very top end phones were made in Finland and the whole prototype production was there. From low end to high end.

ah ok, didn't know that. i only own one which is the current Nokia 1520 made in China.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
ah ok, didn't know that. i only own one which is the current Nokia 1520 made in China.

That is not true, well part about where phones were built. I have my 4th Nokia and none of my Nokias was made in Finland. First 3 Nokias were built in Hungary ( Nokia 5200, 6220 Classic and Nokia C6-01) and now Lumia 820 is built in China.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Nice looking. In black it looks an awful lot like my current 928. I'd love to see some high resolution white (or red - LOL at myself) pics.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice looking. In black it looks an awful lot like my current 928. I'd love to see some high resolution white (or red - LOL at myself) pics.

There are those old pics of the white version, but they re everything else than high resolution. :) I like the white slightly more because it reveals those aluminium sides.

50822d1385638795-929_thumb.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte