Lumia 929 selling in China

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah - has to be a typo. An increase of 1000mAh in that size of package would be plastered all over the headlines. That would be an order of magnitude increase in power density.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken wasn't the battery specs leaked on Verizon's test page? That should be enough proof to not even question the battery size anymore. This also goes along with what's already been said from a person that has the device. I wish it wasn't true but I say everything we have heard about the phone is true, only thing we don't know is release date.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding myself more interested in this phone, since there's been no word of a 1020 variant. I'd love for this phone to have the 41MP camera. Shame. But the more I don't hear about that coming to Verizon, the more I'm interested in this phone.

With regards to the ones for sale in China, my worry wouldn't be as much whether they would ship the phone or not, but whether you could activate it on Verizon. The question would be whether the IMEI would be valid since these obviously didn't go through the right channels.

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken wasn't the battery specs leaked on Verizon's test page? That should be enough proof to not even question the battery size anymore. This also goes along with what's already been said from a person that has the device. I wish it wasn't true but I say everything we have heard about the phone is true, only thing we don't know is release date.

For the battery I've seen rumors on 2000, 2420, 2510, and 3400 mA for battery sizes. The 2420mA was on the verizon site, most of the other rumors leaned toward 2510mA. The most recent was from the chinese site saying it was 3400mA. It probably is just the 2420mA, but I really have no clue which is the right one.
Maybe someday it might get released so we can all find out.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
For the battery I've seen rumors on 2000, 2420, 2510, and 3400 mA for battery sizes. The 2420mA was on the verizon site, most of the other rumors leaned toward 2510mA. The most recent was from the chinese site saying it was 3400mA. It probably is just the 2420mA, but I really have no clue which is the right one.
Maybe someday it might get released so we can all find out.

For the longest time I was completely convinced it was 2510 because that was shown in leaked device images when the phone was opened up. But that was a couple months ago. And with how long the delay has been, I have no idea if that will remain the battery size, especially now that Verizon's own website says a different number than what was printed on the inside of the device on the battery in a previous leak. So my brain hurts and I have no idea what to believe, haha.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....With regards to the ones for sale in China, my worry wouldn't be as much whether they would ship the phone or not, but whether you could activate it on Verizon. The question would be whether the IMEI would be valid since these obviously didn't go through the right channels.

That, plus to be honest, I think they're hot and I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
when will be released in the U.S is the first question. then we can talk about international :p my best answer would be, wait for Mobile world congress. you'll probably see something better for international users and AT&T customers like always

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No way. Lumia 929 has 20mp preview camera and it will be a flagship replacing 925? It will cost 700$ minimum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I'm thinking your quite off... As WP8 devices are a little cheaper than the iPhoney, I would say retail off contract price will be $549.99-599.99. Contract price will be $199.99 with a sale within 30-40 days for $99.00 with a 2 year.... That would be right in line where the 928 started and where it SHOULD be for a WP8 device.

Any more than that might be too much....

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking your quite off... As WP8 devices are a little cheaper than the iPhoney, I would say retail off contract price will be $549.99-599.99. Contract price will be $199.99 with a sale within 30-40 days for $99.00 with a 2 year.... That would be right in line where the 928 started and where it SHOULD be for a WP8 device.

Any more than that might be too much....

Considering it's a true exclusive, I'm wondering if it won't be $499. The 1520, an inch bigger and 16gb smaller is less than $599 at AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss