02-01-2014 01:31 AM
141 ... 23456
tools
    At this point, i'll believe it when i see it. I asked him to post a picture or something of the material so we can see it but until I actually see something I won't believe it.
    Yea, exactly....Pics or it didn't happen....
    KevinRahimi likes this.
    01-22-2014 09:15 AM
    Feb 6th, being a Thursday, makes sense.

IMO ... Verizon is trying to cut a better deal with Nokia's potential new owner, Microsoft. That merger has not happened yet, and that is what has delayed this phone for months. Since it is branded Verizon, they need to sell these before the new Nokia's are announced at MWC, which is at the end of February. This would also explain the lack of promotion on the 929. ... Verizon does not want to spend a lot on PR, to have customers mad, the phone they just bought, is 'last years' model. Your average customer will not know ... and techies will know to wait until MWC before buying.
    (I have waited months for the 929. What is another couple weeks? If nothing is announced at MWC [which I doubt] ... I will buy a 929 Off-Contract from the MS store)
    Agreed, the longer this thing takes to be released, the more likely I am to just wait to see what happens at MWC. I really want to make the switch to WP (from my current Android), but I'm not sure anymore if I'll jump on the Icon on release date (assuming it ever gets released) when it might be one-uped 2-3 weeks later with hardware designed for WP 8.1 (hand gesture sensors, different button placements etc.).

Odds are my 2 1/2 year old Razrs battery will continue to degrade and I'll need a phone soon anyway. I just hope at least the Icon makes it out of limbo before that happens.
    KevinRahimi likes this.
    01-22-2014 09:42 AM
    Yea, exactly....Pics or it didn't happen....
    Our store has NOTHING. I'd like to see these materials as well. He also keeps claiming to see pictures of the icon otterbox cases on the system, but nope. I check everyday and there's nothing at all.
    01-22-2014 09:57 AM
    At this point, i'll believe it when i see it. I asked him to post a picture or something of the material so we can see it but until I actually see something I won't believe it.
    I would pretty much assume that anyone who works for Verizon would be the WORST source of info to use. So far it's been completely unreliable and it's clear there is as little communication from Corporate to the store level as there is from Corporate to the customer.
    Tjarren and DavidinCT like this.
    01-22-2014 09:59 AM
    Agreed, the longer this thing takes to be released, the more likely I am to just wait to see what happens at MWC. I really want to make the switch to WP (from my current Android), but I'm not sure anymore if I'll jump on the Icon on release date (assuming it ever gets released) when it might be one-uped 2-3 weeks later with hardware designed for WP 8.1 (hand gesture sensors, different button placements etc.).

Odds are my 2 1/2 year old Razrs battery will continue to degrade and I'll need a phone soon anyway. I just hope at least the Icon makes it out of limbo before that happens.

Even if there IS some flagship device to be announced at MWC, and it were to be released a month or so later.... given Verizon's past, they'd want a special version of it, and it would probably get released 6 months later than every other network.
    jlzimmerman and Tjarren like this.
    01-22-2014 10:09 AM
    I just noticed that Verizon Wireless is no longer offering the Nokia Lumia 822. I guess the 928 will take the 822's mid-range spot along with the 8X, leaving the Samsung Ativ Odyssey to the very low end and the Icon at the high.Either way, Feb. 6 release might be the best bet at this point. I predict them announcing it tomorrow or next Thursday then having it up for purchase on Feb. 6 in stores.
    01-22-2014 02:26 PM
    I just noticed that Verizon Wireless is no longer offering the Nokia Lumia 822. I guess the 928 will take the 822's mid-range spot along with the 8X, leaving the Samsung Ativ Odyssey to the very low end and the Icon at the high.Either way, Feb. 6 release might be the best bet at this point. I predict them announcing it tomorrow or next Thursday then having it up for purchase on Feb. 6 in stores.
    They had some 822 refurbs up yesterday but they disappeared quick.
    01-22-2014 02:36 PM
    They had some 822 refurbs up yesterday but they disappeared quick.
    Yea, I saw that too...
    01-22-2014 03:24 PM
    By the time Nokia, MS and Verizon stop screwing around Apple will have a larger screen out. They may have fumbled the ball on this. For myself I have been off contract with At&T with a 4s since Sep. I want a bigger screen, off AT&T and don't want Android so I have been waiting to no avail. I have waited this long I think I will wait for the Iphone in June. (if it appears)
    They could have stole me from apple but totally missed the huge window of opportunity right in front of them. I believe MS/Nokia/Verizon are too big to be successful, too slow to adapt to market changes. They finally put some phones out there, then lock them into one carrier or go to extreme niche phones that do not have mass appeal. It's like they are trying to fail while looking like they are really trying to make it. Why not just put solid phone out there on every carrier and get market share.

Should this mythical new 929/Icon ever show up, I will give it a look and see if MNV can win my enthusiasm back. I really want to give Windows a shot, just no on AT&T.

Yahoo!
    01-22-2014 07:05 PM
    By the time Nokia, MS and Verizon stop screwing around Apple will have a larger screen out. They may have fumbled the ball on this. For myself I have been off contract with At&T with a 4s since Sep. I want a bigger screen, off AT&T and don't want Android so I have been waiting to no avail. I have waited this long I think I will wait for the Iphone in June. (if it appears)
    They could have stole me from apple but totally missed the huge window of opportunity right in front of them. I believe MS/Nokia/Verizon are too big to be successful, too slow to adapt to market changes. They finally put some phones out there, then lock them into one carrier or go to extreme niche phones that do not have mass appeal. It's like they are trying to fail while looking like they are really trying to make it. Why not just put solid phone out there on every carrier and get market share.

Should this mythical new 929/Icon ever show up, I will give it a look and see if MNV can win my enthusiasm back. I really want to give Windows a shot, just no on AT&T.

Yahoo!
    I understand. Its like they are completely trying to fail. Windows have the best OS but the process of releasing phones is pushing me back to Android. Verizon has only pushed out one major windows phone since May. Unless you are apple that isn't going to work.
    01-22-2014 07:21 PM

Yahoo!
    Talking about a company slow to adapt to change. You are holding one in your hand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    slowburnaz and Blkacesvf41 like this.
    01-22-2014 07:57 PM
    Our store has NOTHING. I'd like to see these materials as well. He also keeps claiming to see pictures of the icon otterbox cases on the system, but nope. I check everyday and there's nothing at all.
    Thanks for checking everyday, Bertongbadnews! I look forward to the day when I can call you Bertongoodnews.
    DustinRyan and Tjarren like this.
    01-22-2014 08:41 PM

Yahoo!
    This entire post is complete absurdity. Its like you are just rationalizing your decision to keep waiting for the next iphone. MS and Nokia are too big to be successful? They have put out extremely cheap phones, and phones of all sizes....meanwhile Apple puts out 1 phone every year and has yet to adapt to many of the market trends and yet they are doing just fine.
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    01-22-2014 08:51 PM
    This phone is SEXY.
    It square and block like the 810 is, but bigger and it was called ugly.

I liked the 810 personally, and this looks very similar, not ugly though.
    01-22-2014 09:06 PM
    Talking about a company slow to adapt to change. You are holding one in your hand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I do agree with you on that, Apple should have came out with a larger screen last year if not the year before.
    01-22-2014 09:26 PM
    This entire post is complete absurdity. Its like you are just rationalizing your decision to keep waiting for the next iphone. MS and Nokia are too big to be successful? They have put out extremely cheap phones, and phones of all sizes....meanwhile Apple puts out 1 phone every year and has yet to adapt to many of the market trends and yet they are doing just fine.
    When you're the front runner you get to set the pace. When you're playing catch up you need to be breaking the rules and setting a new pace. My point being MNV is missing a great window here to steal customers before Apple comes out with a larger phone. Yes they have a bunch of cheap phones selling everywhere except the USA. Their flagship phones are niche markets that won't appeal to the masses. Not to mention locked into one carrier.

Just my opinion/observation and I am not an Apple fanboy just a user that wants a quality phone with a 5" +or- screen.

If this 929/icon does appear and delivers the goods I will get one, but if it feels anything like the 928 in my hand then I will pass.
    01-22-2014 09:31 PM
    Add me
    01-22-2014 10:44 PM
    Evleaks just tweeted a picture of the user guide.

beprh_qcuaaqeba.png
    01-23-2014 12:44 AM
    If the new Samsung G5 has the new windows tile like interface, I'd get one in a heartbeat. Couple their obvious installed base of Android apps with the look and feel of WP and they won't be able to make them fast enough to cover demand.

Between HP rolling back new PCs to windows 7, Samsung's new found love of Tiles, and Verizon acting like WP is more of a nuisance to them, windows 8 has a long row to hoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UncleGrandpa; 01-23-2014 at 05:09 AM.
    01-23-2014 04:51 AM
    Evleaks just tweeted a picture of the user guide.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BepRh_QCUAAqeBA.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	55209
    He also said... "So, February 5th or March 5th?"

Not helpful, dude...
    01-23-2014 07:25 AM
    Here's the link regarding availability. Found it on Pocketnow.com
    Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon availability hinted for either February or March 5 | Pocketnow
    california86 and maevinj like this.
    01-23-2014 08:40 AM
    Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon availability hinted for either February or March 5 | Pocketnow
    Lumia Icon predicted release date Nov 21 or January 16 or Feb 5 or March 5 or maybe... Really? I predict it might rain or not rain tomorrow! These guys really make a living doing this? I also predict that no one has a clue... Including the "brain surgeons" at Verizon.
    01-23-2014 10:02 AM
    We like to release WP phones on days where it will get zero attention or coverage, so I’m predicting Verizon will launch the Icon on February 23rd because that’s the same day the next successor to the Galaxy S line is rumored to come out. According to Pocket Now.

More rumors claim Galaxy S 5 launch on February 23 | Pocketnow
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:12 AM
    We like to release WP phones on days where it will get zero attention or coverage, so I’m predicting Verizon will launch the Icon on February 23rd because that’s the same day the next successor to the Galaxy S line is rumored to come out. According to Pocket Now.

No kidding. They sure do a horrible job when it comes to rolling out a new phone! Now they're locked into the position of having to promote the hell outta it during the Super Bowl with a couple of great commercials. Let's hope that they at least have the sense to do that!!
    01-23-2014 10:38 AM

Knowing Verizon, they'll probably release it on March 5th so it will be after the new Galaxy is released. Then they can cite poor sales of it versus the new Galaxy, and claim nobody really wants a WP device.
    DustinRyan likes this.
    01-23-2014 12:12 PM
141 ... 23456