Nokia Lumia Icon is NOT YET available!

ImJustaBilly

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that Verizon Wireless is no longer offering the Nokia Lumia 822. I guess the 928 will take the 822's mid-range spot along with the 8X, leaving the Samsung Ativ Odyssey to the very low end and the Icon at the high.Either way, Feb. 6 release might be the best bet at this point. I predict them announcing it tomorrow or next Thursday then having it up for purchase on Feb. 6 in stores.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that Verizon Wireless is no longer offering the Nokia Lumia 822. I guess the 928 will take the 822's mid-range spot along with the 8X, leaving the Samsung Ativ Odyssey to the very low end and the Icon at the high.Either way, Feb. 6 release might be the best bet at this point. I predict them announcing it tomorrow or next Thursday then having it up for purchase on Feb. 6 in stores.

They had some 822 refurbs up yesterday but they disappeared quick.

Rockinroofer

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
By the time Nokia, MS and Verizon stop screwing around Apple will have a larger screen out. They may have fumbled the ball on this. For myself I have been off contract with At&T with a 4s since Sep. I want a bigger screen, off AT&T and don't want Android so I have been waiting to no avail. I have waited this long I think I will wait for the Iphone in June. (if it appears)
They could have stole me from apple but totally missed the huge window of opportunity right in front of them. I believe MS/Nokia/Verizon are too big to be successful, too slow to adapt to market changes. They finally put some phones out there, then lock them into one carrier or go to extreme niche phones that do not have mass appeal. It's like they are trying to fail while looking like they are really trying to make it. Why not just put solid phone out there on every carrier and get market share.

Should this mythical new 929/Icon ever show up, I will give it a look and see if MNV can win my enthusiasm back. I really want to give Windows a shot, just no on AT&T.

Yahoo!

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
By the time Nokia, MS and Verizon stop screwing around Apple will have a larger screen out. They may have fumbled the ball on this. For myself I have been off contract with At&T with a 4s since Sep. I want a bigger screen, off AT&T and don't want Android so I have been waiting to no avail. I have waited this long I think I will wait for the Iphone in June. (if it appears)
They could have stole me from apple but totally missed the huge window of opportunity right in front of them. I believe MS/Nokia/Verizon are too big to be successful, too slow to adapt to market changes. They finally put some phones out there, then lock them into one carrier or go to extreme niche phones that do not have mass appeal. It's like they are trying to fail while looking like they are really trying to make it. Why not just put solid phone out there on every carrier and get market share.

Should this mythical new 929/Icon ever show up, I will give it a look and see if MNV can win my enthusiasm back. I really want to give Windows a shot, just no on AT&T.

Yahoo!
I understand. Its like they are completely trying to fail. Windows have the best OS but the process of releasing phones is pushing me back to Android. Verizon has only pushed out one major windows phone since May. Unless you are apple that isn't going to work.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Yahoo!

Talking about a company slow to adapt to change. You are holding one in your hand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Our store has NOTHING. I'd like to see these materials as well. He also keeps claiming to see pictures of the icon otterbox cases on the system, but nope. I check everyday and there's nothing at all.

Thanks for checking everyday, Bertongbadnews! I look forward to the day when I can call you Bertongoodnews.

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Yahoo!

This entire post is complete absurdity. Its like you are just rationalizing your decision to keep waiting for the next iphone. MS and Nokia are too big to be successful? They have put out extremely cheap phones, and phones of all sizes....meanwhile Apple puts out 1 phone every year and has yet to adapt to many of the market trends and yet they are doing just fine.

Rockinroofer

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
This entire post is complete absurdity. Its like you are just rationalizing your decision to keep waiting for the next iphone. MS and Nokia are too big to be successful? They have put out extremely cheap phones, and phones of all sizes....meanwhile Apple puts out 1 phone every year and has yet to adapt to many of the market trends and yet they are doing just fine.
When you're the front runner you get to set the pace. When you're playing catch up you need to be breaking the rules and setting a new pace. My point being MNV is missing a great window here to steal customers before Apple comes out with a larger phone. Yes they have a bunch of cheap phones selling everywhere except the USA. Their flagship phones are niche markets that won't appeal to the masses. Not to mention locked into one carrier.

Just my opinion/observation and I am not an Apple ****** just a user that wants a quality phone with a 5" +or- screen.

If this 929/icon does appear and delivers the goods I will get one, but if it feels anything like the 928 in my hand then I will pass.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
If the new Samsung G5 has the new windows tile like interface, I'd get one in a heartbeat. Couple their obvious installed base of Android apps with the look and feel of WP and they won't be able to make them fast enough to cover demand.

Between HP rolling back new PCs to windows 7, Samsung's new found love of Tiles, and Verizon acting like WP is more of a nuisance to them, windows 8 has a long row to hoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
We like to release WP phones on days where it will get zero attention or coverage, so I’m predicting Verizon will launch the Icon on February 23rd because that’s the same day the next successor to the Galaxy S line is rumored to come out. According to Pocket Now.

More rumors claim Galaxy S 5 launch on February 23 | Pocketnow

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
We like to release WP phones on days where it will get zero attention or coverage, so I’m predicting Verizon will launch the Icon on February 23rd because that’s the same day the next successor to the Galaxy S line is rumored to come out. According to Pocket Now.

No kidding. They sure do a horrible job when it comes to rolling out a new phone! Now they're locked into the position of having to promote the hell outta it during the Super Bowl with a couple of great commercials. Let's hope that they at least have the sense to do that!!

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Knowing Verizon, they'll probably release it on March 5th so it will be after the new Galaxy is released. Then they can cite poor sales of it versus the new Galaxy, and claim nobody really wants a WP device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb