Nokia Lumia Icon is NOT YET available!

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
That picture could have been taken anywhere. I'll believe that was in an American store when I see a sworn affidavit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
From a certain perspective, this whole series of insider leaks, Verizon web site leaks, and now merch display fubar, is all some pretty good comedy. Dark comedy maybe, but still.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
That picture could have been taken anywhere. I'll believe that was in an American store when I see a sworn affidavit.

I used to work at a Fry's Electronics. Knowing the caliber of the average Fry's employee, I wouldn't put it past them to put something on display that wasn't yet supposed to be.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
From a certain perspective, this whole series of insider leaks, Verizon web site leaks, and now merch display fubar, is all some pretty good comedy. Dark comedy maybe, but still.

yeah this got to be the worse handling of a phone release ever. I understand that we shouldn't listen to rumors of release dates. Its the fact that this phone had been leaked out at a ridiculous rate:
Verizons own website posted it last week.
Clearly a store or stores have the dummy phone
China has working phones
Mexico has had a siting
Picture after picture has shown up

I know its not done on purpose but shouldn't that make it even worse?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah this got to be the worse handling of a phone release ever. I understand that we shouldn't listen to rumors of release dates. Its the fact that this phone had been leaked out at a ridiculous rate:
Verizons own website posted it last week.
Clearly a store or stores have the dummy phone
China has working phones
Mexico has had a siting
Picture after picture has shown up

I know its not done on purpose but shouldn't that make it even worse?

The only thing that shows to be is they were about to release it and then they delayed it for some reason. Maybe a bug or another issue ???

Anyway about it besides all leaks, it has not been officialy anounced so according to Verizon AND Nokia the phone does not exist at this point (well, that is their official standpoint on this phone as CSRs cant talk about unreleased phones).

I agree, it's been a major screw up.. I'm sure it's been worse than this in the past but, yea, this is a pretty big screw up...

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that shows to be is they were about to release it and then they delayed it for some reason. Maybe a bug or another issue ???

Anyway about it besides all leaks, it has not been officialy anounced so according to Verizon AND Nokia the phone does not exist at this point (well, that is their official standpoint on this phone as CSRs cant talk about unreleased phones).

I agree, it's been a major screw up.. I'm sure it's been worse than this in the past but, yea, this is a pretty big screw up...

It's not very plausible to deny a product exists when 4 billion Chinese, some random dude in Mexico and some kid at Frys all possess the thing.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon store has it but they have not been trained and no date for release is set. Problem may actually be the same thing the 928 suffered from and all the Nokia devices. It freezes. Nokia seems to have an issue with the touch display software that keeps stopping. That said my 928 has been kicking **** now for 3 wks no freezes. If Nokia black isn't working properly Verizon is not going to release it.

wintrmte

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon store has it but they have not been trained and no date for release is set. Problem may actually be the same thing the 928 suffered from and all the Nokia devices. It freezes. Nokia seems to have an issue with the touch display software that keeps stopping. That said my 928 has been kicking **** now for 3 wks no freezes. If Nokia black isn't working properly Verizon is not going to release it.

Huh? Your Verizon store has the phone? I was in mine this weekend and they gave me the blank stare when I asked about it. The gal even looked it up and had no record of it in the system.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Huh? Your Verizon store has the phone? I was in mine this weekend and they gave me the blank stare when I asked about it. The gal even looked it up and had no record of it in the system.

His Verizon store doesn't have it either, don't worry. He appears to of either become a delusional negative nancy or a troll.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
His Verizon store doesn't have it either, don't worry. He appears to of either become a delusional negative nancy or a troll.

I'm always shocked at the percentage of rumors on this forum come from speaking with someone at the store.

Frankly, these stores, particularly the franchise stores, employ a huge percentage of morons that don't know a damn thing about anything. There are of course exceptional, bright employees, but they're the exception. That more people don't take what the 22 year old jerkoff at the Verizon store told you with a grain of salt surprises me. The amount of flat-out wrong things I've heard them say when I've been in stores is amazing, but they neither know this nor care.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Why even ask a store associate ANYTHING. Their "advice" and general knowledge is laughable. It's like when you go to buy an amplifier and the guy says "wattage is everything." Thanks but no thanks.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

oh pray tell, which store would that be?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Why even ask a store associate ANYTHING. Their "advice" and general knowledge is laughable. It's like when you go to buy an amplifier and the guy says "wattage is everything." Thanks but no thanks.

Not all but some of these Reps at the stores really are clueless when it comes to WP. To be fair, the one I spoke to Re the 928 a few months back, was very knowledgeable and had positive things to say about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have learned is that Verizon is much more intentional about launch dates than other carriers. They do not rush any phones into the market. They do the proper testing and then time the device in a way that they can properly promote without promoting on top of another device. This is more true with flagship phones.

So I suspect testing or marketing to be the issue. People that frequent sites like this are often too anxious because we hear about the phones so far in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss