09-22-2014 04:30 PM
62 123
tools
    I highly doubt Google Wallet would be first choice for Windows Phones, since Google and Microsoft are competitors.
    They dude I was talking to has an Android G2, that's why I asked him about Google Wallet.
    pci2k likes this.
    01-24-2014 10:21 AM
    The Icon is supposedly a nano-SIM, so the micro- won't transfer without work or replacement. I got the SE (Secure Element) SIM for my 928 last June or July, on my account overview with Verizon it had offered one (for free) so I ordered it. That way I would be ready for mobile payments (ahahahahahaha).
    can one still get one for the 928?
    01-24-2014 10:55 AM
    can one still get one for the 928?
    should be able to, log on to your Verizon account (on PC) and you should see something about it at the main overview screen.
    01-24-2014 11:15 AM
    should be able to, log on to your Verizon account (on PC) and you should see something about it at the main overview screen.
    ok, thanx
    01-24-2014 12:26 PM
    ok, thanx
    How to order: NFC SE SIM Card FAQs | Verizon Wireless

How to activate: How to Use Guide: Near Field Communication (NFC) Secure Element (SE) SIM Card | Verizon Wireless

Hope that helps more than my original (it's on the website somewhere! )
    felickz and argenys like this.
    01-24-2014 12:37 PM
    They certainly haven't been working very hard. I have been following Isis from the start. It is only available in select areas, only on Android and only a small handful of cards. For the stars to align and real people to use it is nearly impossible.
    For me the main issue with Isis is there aren't many places yet that accept tap to pay. As far as the selection of cards I found it fairly easy to link my Chase debit card to an American express serve account to use with Isis.
    01-24-2014 05:55 PM
    For me the main issue with Isis is there aren't many places yet that accept tap to pay. As far as the selection of cards I found it fairly easy to link my Chase debit card to an American express serve account to use with Isis.
    It feels like an extra step to have to add funds to an extra account just to use it on my g2.

I see now that i can use my debit card as an unlimited backup source for funds at POS locations.
    Last edited by akak84; 01-31-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    01-24-2014 08:28 PM
    I have been trying to pay attention to the point of sale systems at all of the stores I go to, and most of the big retailers now do have the NFC hardware on their terminals. But for me, it would be even more convenient overseas. I travel a lot and since no one accepts our archaic credit cards anywhere else in the world, this would make life a whole lot easier. And linking cards to American Express Serve would be frustrating since hardly anyone accepts AmEx, here or overseas. Isis just isn't ready for the big time, the carriers are not putting nearly enough effort into making this a reality.
    01-25-2014 10:53 AM
    I plan on using Isis with Amex for gas and extras. Each pay check I'll put some money in there and i think it will work fine for that.
    01-25-2014 12:13 PM
    I've been thinking about Isis and Google Wallet and both have obstacles preventing mainstream adoption. Isis has limited card support and carriers are blocking the tap to pay feature of Wallet (at least Verizon is). Then there's the big possibility Apple will have a payment system using ibeacon and low energy Bluetooth with no NFC. Looks to me like it's going to be a while before paying with your phone is commonplace.
    01-25-2014 06:36 PM
    I've been thinking about Isis and Google Wallet and both have obstacles preventing mainstream adoption. Isis has limited card support and carriers are blocking the tap to pay feature of Wallet (at least Verizon is). Then there's the big possibility Apple will have a payment system using ibeacon and low energy Bluetooth with no NFC. Looks to me like it's going to be a while before paying with your phone is commonplace.
    The biggest obstacle is banks. They refuse to do anything to modernize payments. They hate their own EMV tech and they hate NFC. If they have to spend a penny to upgrade anything they will not do it. It's a shame the rest of the world has left us in the dust and will no longer accept our methods of payment. And the banks just don't care.
    01-25-2014 08:11 PM
    They certainly haven't been working very hard. I have been following Isis from the start. It is only available in select areas, only on Android and only a small handful of cards. For the stars to align and real people to use it is nearly impossible.
    I used ISIS to fill up my car in freaking Reed City, Michigan. I don't think there's a location restriction at all. The Wells Fargo/Chase/AMEX thing is the biggest limitation. The second largest limitation is NFC payment terminals, but where I live I have Meijer, Walgreens, my Spartan Store, McDonalds, and 50% of gas stations all with tap to pay terminals.
    02-02-2014 07:48 AM
    Isis does have issues, but I think it will be more popular than Google Wallet. If Isis adopts low energy Bluetooth like the iPhone 5 and 5S have it won't be a contest.
    02-02-2014 08:11 AM
    The biggest obstacle is banks. They refuse to do anything to modernize payments. They hate their own EMV tech and they hate NFC. If they have to spend a penny to upgrade anything they will not do it. It's a shame the rest of the world has left us in the dust and will no longer accept our methods of payment. And the banks just don't care.
    You're definitely right about banks. I mean, look at what is in the news about them - 85% or more of the ATM's are still running XP! And they don't seem to care about going past the April deadline! I mean hell, if they're being too cheap to update their ATM's, you think they give a crap about updating the rest of their own infrastructure? And finally, this is another reason why they won't embed those chips in debit and credit cards to prevent another Target breach! Ok sorry I got off topic. I am off the soapbox now......
    Astropin likes this.
    02-02-2014 03:17 PM
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles... but the ICON is NOT Isis compatible.
    02-08-2014 08:26 PM
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles... but the ICON is NOT Isis compatible.
    Kinda a useless feature anyway, imo.
    02-08-2014 08:27 PM
    It has some benefits. It's just like the VZW + WP conundrum. Not enough support from businesses = not enough interest from customers = businesses feel it's not important.
    02-08-2014 08:31 PM
    any proof?
    02-09-2014 01:16 AM
    any proof?
    The Icon spec sheet says it's not isis compatible
    02-09-2014 09:07 AM
    where is this official spec sheet? the screenshot and the WPCentral article says otherwise
    02-09-2014 12:57 PM
    where is this official spec sheet? the screenshot and the WPCentral article says otherwise
    He works for Verizon, he's got the spec sheet right in front of him.
    02-09-2014 02:00 PM
    well we just need actual proof, like a screenshot. Him just saying that he is an employee isn't proof enough.
    02-09-2014 02:19 PM
    It might not be compatible because there is no app yet

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    02-09-2014 02:29 PM
    well we just need actual proof, like a screenshot. Him just saying that he is an employee isn't proof enough.
    It's enough proof for me. He doesn't have to jeopardize his job if he doesn't want to. Hang on a few more days for the official announcement.
    02-09-2014 02:30 PM
    Once there is a WP app, any phone with NFC and a SE SIM should be ISIS compatible, including my 928. I'm waaaaiting...
    02-09-2014 06:04 PM
62 123