Nokia Icon is ISIS comaptible!

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is something to keep in mind for those planning to upgrade to the Icon. For ISIS to work you need a special ISIS compatible SIM card. ISIS uses the secure element on the SIM card so that means you may not be able to just pop your existing SIM card from your current device into the Icon. The old SIM card will still make the phone work, just not the ISIS wallet.

The Icon is probably using the smaller nano SIM now so if you're coming from the 928, you'd end up getting a new SIM card anyway, but just wanted to throw that out there for anybody buying one and just planning on using their current nano SIM (if they have an iphone 5) or cutting down their micro SIM.

It's also possible your SIM is already ISIS ready, I don't know when Verizon started shipping those. I got one with my Moto X when it launched. When I look at my Moto X recipt the item description for the SIM is 'GEM 4FF NFC SIM' I think the 'NFC' means it's ISIS, though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I could be wrong.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is something to keep in mind for those planning to upgrade to the Icon. For ISIS to work you need a special ISIS compatible SIM card. ISIS uses the secure element on the SIM card so that means you may not be able to just pop your existing SIM card from your current device into the Icon. The old SIM card will still make the phone work, just not the ISIS wallet.

The Icon is probably using the smaller nano SIM now so if you're coming from the 928, you'd end up getting a new SIM card anyway, but just wanted to throw that out there for anybody buying one and just planning on using their current nano SIM (if they have an iphone 5) or cutting down their micro SIM.

It's also possible your SIM is already ISIS ready, I don't know when Verizon started shipping those. I got one with my Moto X when it launched. When I look at my Moto X recipt the item description for the SIM is 'GEM 4FF NFC SIM' I think the 'NFC' means it's ISIS, though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I could be wrong.
yeah correct.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The Icon is supposedly a nano-SIM, so the micro- won't transfer without work or replacement. I got the SE (Secure Element) SIM for my 928 last June or July, on my account overview with Verizon it had offered one (for free) so I ordered it. That way I would be ready for mobile payments (ahahahahahaha).

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice if an OS update, app and an updated SIM from our carrier would add this function to any Nokia that includes NFC... one assumes that the OS update and app must exist if it will be on this phone...

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am skeptical, Isis has been very resistant to supporting anything other than Android. I really doubt they have any intention of making this happen. Seems more likely to be a Verizon marketing error.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am skeptical, Isis has been very resistant to supporting anything other than Android. I really doubt they have any intention of making this happen. Seems more likely to be a Verizon marketing error.

Really? Last I heard they were quite busy making it work for Windows Phone. That said though, I doubt we'd see it quite so soon and out of the blue as we see here.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got Isis on my LG G2 and it is pretty nice. Hopefully more places around here will start using it. I don't see why Verizon wouldn't want it on WP since they seem pretty interested in supporting Isis.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you people know Isis is the three big cell companies? Verizon, at&t, tmobile. They created it and own it. Of course they want it on all the phones. They need to get in gear and get it up on WP.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got Isis on my LG G2 and it is pretty nice. Hopefully more places around here will start using it. I don't see why Verizon wouldn't want it on WP since they seem pretty interested in supporting Isis.

Wouldn't Google Wallet be better, or is it still locked down on the G2? I have it on my VZW Moto X, but have yet to actually try it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786