Nokia Icon is ISIS comaptible!

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It has some benefits. It's just like the VZW + WP conundrum. Not enough support from businesses = not enough interest from customers = businesses feel it's not important.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and didn't see that option. I will have to try again or (gasp) go into the store and see if I can get someone who knows what they are doing to help me.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Can someone explain this ISIS thing to me? I've only heard of it until recently.

Edit: NVM...I just looked it up.

Posted via the WPC App

dawizel56

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased my Icon at the Santa Monica, Ca store the rep checked and stated the ISIS app would be released with 2 weeks and yes the Icon is Isis compatible. He was very knowledgeable about the Windows Phone OS and liked it a lot. He knew how to use it. He never ask if I was sure THIS is the phone I wanted. Great experience. I saw both the white and black and in person preferred the black. Well less hope he was right and the Isis app is in the store within a few weeks.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
When I purchased my Icon at the Santa Monica, Ca store the rep checked and stated the ISIS app would be released with 2 weeks and yes the Icon is Isis compatible. He was very knowledgeable about the Windows Phone OS and liked it a lot. He knew how to use it. He never ask if I was sure THIS is the phone I wanted. Great experience. I saw both the white and black and in person preferred the black. Well less hope he was right and the Isis app is in the store within a few weeks.

Need more reps like that in the stores honestly. Get this platform out there and not steering people away. Something must have come up that delayed ISIS launching with the phone, but it was listed as ISIS capable so I hope it's really soon.

palaudawg

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to Verizon CS. They told me a new SIM for my Icon was not needed. They said everything is handled on their end to enable the service. Attached is a screen shot of my current features and services. It now shows ISIS. I am not convinced that a special a NFC SE SIM is not needed. I hope an app is also in the works.

Capture.JPG

auniverseaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 10.21.44 AM.png

Just to revive an old thread since I'm sure people want to know. Verizon can't make up it's mind whether or not the Icon is ISIS / Softcard compatible. We all know the hardware is there, but for whatever reason, VZW and MS have not gotten their crap together.

At present, if you try to do an NFC payment, whether generic or Softcard, the phone will make the NFC noise, but it won't do anything. This is even if you use a card that is technically NFC compatible.

Two years since WP8 with NFC payments were announced...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos