Nokia Icon is Isis compatible according the Verizon Website! yay :D
    01-21-2014 12:14 AM
    Here is a screenshot :D
    Attached Thumbnails isis.jpg  
    01-21-2014 12:17 AM
    01-21-2014 12:18 AM
    had to google ISIS
    01-21-2014 10:06 AM
    Nice screenshot TechyMexican. Almost had me!
    01-21-2014 10:19 AM
    It should be compatible with the 928 as well. Microsoft was working out the details with the wallet app. This is gonna be sweet!
    01-21-2014 10:57 AM
    Excellent! Does this mean Archer will be using one this season?
    01-22-2014 06:16 AM
    Isis compatible = mobile wallet. In case you don't know. Yep, I had to Bing it.
    Aggemam likes this.
    01-22-2014 08:37 AM
    Here is something to keep in mind for those planning to upgrade to the Icon. For ISIS to work you need a special ISIS compatible SIM card. ISIS uses the secure element on the SIM card so that means you may not be able to just pop your existing SIM card from your current device into the Icon. The old SIM card will still make the phone work, just not the ISIS wallet.

The Icon is probably using the smaller nano SIM now so if you're coming from the 928, you'd end up getting a new SIM card anyway, but just wanted to throw that out there for anybody buying one and just planning on using their current nano SIM (if they have an iphone 5) or cutting down their micro SIM.

It's also possible your SIM is already ISIS ready, I don't know when Verizon started shipping those. I got one with my Moto X when it launched. When I look at my Moto X recipt the item description for the SIM is 'GEM 4FF NFC SIM' I think the 'NFC' means it's ISIS, though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I could be wrong.
    01-22-2014 08:56 AM
    Here is something to keep in mind for those planning to upgrade to the Icon. For ISIS to work you need a special ISIS compatible SIM card. ISIS uses the secure element on the SIM card so that means you may not be able to just pop your existing SIM card from your current device into the Icon. The old SIM card will still make the phone work, just not the ISIS wallet.

The Icon is probably using the smaller nano SIM now so if you're coming from the 928, you'd end up getting a new SIM card anyway, but just wanted to throw that out there for anybody buying one and just planning on using their current nano SIM (if they have an iphone 5) or cutting down their micro SIM.

It's also possible your SIM is already ISIS ready, I don't know when Verizon started shipping those. I got one with my Moto X when it launched. When I look at my Moto X recipt the item description for the SIM is 'GEM 4FF NFC SIM' I think the 'NFC' means it's ISIS, though I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I could be wrong.
    yeah correct.
    01-22-2014 09:17 AM
    The Icon is supposedly a nano-SIM, so the micro- won't transfer without work or replacement. I got the SE (Secure Element) SIM for my 928 last June or July, on my account overview with Verizon it had offered one (for free) so I ordered it. That way I would be ready for mobile payments (ahahahahahaha).
    01-22-2014 09:27 AM
    Would be nice if an OS update, app and an updated SIM from our carrier would add this function to any Nokia that includes NFC... one assumes that the OS update and app must exist if it will be on this phone...
    01-22-2014 12:54 PM
    I am skeptical, Isis has been very resistant to supporting anything other than Android. I really doubt they have any intention of making this happen. Seems more likely to be a Verizon marketing error.
    01-22-2014 04:38 PM
    I am skeptical, Isis has been very resistant to supporting anything other than Android. I really doubt they have any intention of making this happen. Seems more likely to be a Verizon marketing error.
    Really? Last I heard they were quite busy making it work for Windows Phone. That said though, I doubt we'd see it quite so soon and out of the blue as we see here.
    01-22-2014 04:53 PM
    I've got Isis on my LG G2 and it is pretty nice. Hopefully more places around here will start using it. I don't see why Verizon wouldn't want it on WP since they seem pretty interested in supporting Isis.
    01-22-2014 05:08 PM
    From the tweets I have received from @paywithisis I am sure they are planning on supporting windows phone. They even created a Windows Testing sign up sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
    01-22-2014 06:50 PM
    what is ISIS?
    01-22-2014 07:52 PM
    Do you people know Isis is the three big cell companies? Verizon, at&t, tmobile. They created it and own it. Of course they want it on all the phones. They need to get in gear and get it up on WP.
    01-22-2014 07:59 PM
    ok. means its kinda group or syndicate or something, right?
    in India, we have competitors, not syndicates, thank God.
    01-23-2014 12:27 PM
    I've got Isis on my LG G2 and it is pretty nice. Hopefully more places around here will start using it. I don't see why Verizon wouldn't want it on WP since they seem pretty interested in supporting Isis.
    Wouldn't Google Wallet be better, or is it still locked down on the G2? I have it on my VZW Moto X, but have yet to actually try it.
    01-23-2014 04:01 PM
    Do you people know Isis is the three big cell companies? Verizon, at&t, tmobile. They created it and own it. Of course they want it on all the phones. They need to get in gear and get it up on WP.
    They certainly haven't been working very hard. I have been following Isis from the start. It is only available in select areas, only on Android and only a small handful of cards. For the stars to align and real people to use it is nearly impossible.
    01-23-2014 04:28 PM
    Wouldn't Google Wallet be better, or is it still locked down on the G2? I have it on my VZW Moto X, but have yet to actually try it.
    Google Wallet appears to be locked down on the G2. I don't see any way to tap and pay with Wallet. Hopefully kit Kat will bring full functionality.
    01-23-2014 05:32 PM
    I highly doubt Google Wallet would be first choice for Windows Phones, since Google and Microsoft are competitors.
    01-23-2014 05:58 PM
    I highly doubt Google Wallet would be first choice for Windows Phones, since Google and Microsoft are competitors.
    He's referring to Google Wallet and Isis on android. I think when WP gets large enough you'll see Google make apps for WP.
    01-23-2014 06:18 PM
    what is ISIS?
    Isis is a mobile Payment system created by Att&T, Verizon and T-mobile. It works with NFC to pay for things.
    01-24-2014 08:13 AM
62 123