Who Still Plans on Buying the Icon?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Some days I feel like I'm definitely gonna get it. Some other days the lack of storage expansion makes me hesitate, not to mention that my 822 is absolutely rock solid! It kinda feels like an unnecessary move, but those specs and beautiful design sure are tempting!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Prob not.... Unless the specs are not 100% on what we know and it comes with MicroSD otherwise I will hold on to my 928 for a while longer, WP 8.1 is due out in a few months, with that all new devices will come out and I would BET Verizon will get 1 or 2 of them as there will be HUGE promotion for it at the time.

Remember, HTC and Samsung will be making new WP devices soon, they might be waiting for 8.1 to hit.....

There is a small chance I will end up with one, as I will watch the used marketplace and if there is a used one for a unreal deal, I might jump on it...but, otherwise, I wont get it with out the MicroSD...

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here.

I'm planning on getting the 929, but when depends on a few things.
I have unlimited data and my contract expires in June. Assuming the phone is out by then (you never know) my options are buy one for full price, OR my father's line expired 2 years ago so I could transfer his upgrade to my line, I think. How does this work? Would I lose my unlimited data If I did this? My father's phone is a basic flip phone so he is only a $10 charge on my plan.

I currently have a Droid 4 and would prefer a QWERTY keyboard, but it looks like Verizon is not supporting this idea anymore. My phone is terrible though, it freezes up all the time. it's pretty much useless for anything but texting. and I have less than 10 apps installed. since I don't really use apps and don't need a ton of storage, I figure the 929 will be perfect for me. I just want something fast that won't freeze.

stonetipapps

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
There are two places I know of near Yellowstone where AT&T will work: Gardiner, MT (North Entrance) and two miles up the road to Lulu Pass east of Cooke City, MT (near the NE Entrance). The latter is only because there is a gap in the mountains that provides a line of sight to a tower 10 miles north of Cody, WY.

Really, if I could, I'd go with T-Mobile just for their up-yours attitude to other carriers. But their coverage makes AT&T look incredible. Understandable since reaching the bulk of U.S. customers is easily done in populated areas. Verizon can be commended for rural coverage. I've been in some remarkably remote spots and have been able to use my old Moto flip phone on their network.

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here.

I'm planning on getting the 929, but when depends on a few things.
I have unlimited data and my contract expires in June. Assuming the phone is out by then (you never know) my options are buy one for full price, OR my father's line expired 2 years ago so I could transfer his upgrade to my line, I think. How does this work? Would I lose my unlimited data If I did this? My father's phone is a basic flip phone so he is only a $10 charge on my plan

As long as you are not upgrading the line that has unlimited data you'll be fine. In fact, if you have other lines that are eligible for upgrade, they recommend it. They don't care what you do with the phone as long as you sign a new 2 year contract. That's where they make their money. And as long as you don't have plans on leaving Verizon, it works out. This is what I do with my other lines that don't have unlimited data.

Burlit

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Our Fam-of-3 were looking at the windows phones tonight at a Microsoft kiosk at a mall. Our son wants the Icon, so we asked about it's release. The clerk said they'd been released and sold to the public before Verizon suddenly told them to stop and SHIP THEM BACK!!! I find this disturbing and not very encouraging to those of you waiting for this phone.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Our Fam-of-3 were looking at the windows phones tonight at a Microsoft kiosk at a mall. Our son wants the Icon, so we asked about it's release. The clerk said they'd been released and sold to the public before Verizon suddenly told them to stop and SHIP THEM BACK!!! I find this disturbing and not very encouraging to those of you waiting for this phone.
Whaaaat? This doesn't make any sense. I don't think that clerk knows what's heck he's talking about! If true those"Sold" units would've been all over the internet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC Trophy user here. If it ever comes out, yes! My current phone is still surprisingly fast for what it is, but it's so outdated that I'm just ready to move onto something else. Also, it would be nice to actually use some of the newer apps I keep seeing for WP8 one of these days.

Woah, HTC Trophy!!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If a global variant came out, not exclusive to Verizon, then I'd probably get one. Maybe Verizon gets this, and global/at&T gets it with a different design, microSD, and no Qi (obviously)?

AndreAC_920

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I?m getting one or two for 100 percent sure! The perfect Size and the perfect Specs. Maybe the first device to stay with in a couple of years!
But just if Nokia reminds to give a international model, because i?m from Luanda, ANGOLA!

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I?m getting one or two for 100 percent sure! The perfect Size and the perfect Specs. Maybe the first device to stay with in a couple of years!
But just if Nokia reminds to give a international model, because i?m from Luanda, ANGOLA!

I thought the iToys have the perfect size and specs...? lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05