Who Still Plans on Buying the Icon?

shizoframia

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I?m getting one or two for 100 percent sure! The perfect Size and the perfect Specs. Maybe the first device to stay with in a couple of years!
But just if Nokia reminds to give a international model, because i?m from Luanda, ANGOLA!
Me too, If the Icon/929 would be released as an alternative international model (looks can/specs must be similar to NL1520 @5") than I would 100L sure buy one! I'm from Belgium, Europe.
Looking forward to handing my lumia 920 over to my wife... ;-)

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Not me, I will be ditching Verizon soon because T-Mobiles offer is just too damn good. I ditched TMO for Verizon because Verizon had 4G LTE but now that TMO has caught up and they will pay the ETF for me to switch them. I will take this advantage. My phone bill will be about 40 bucks cheaper with unlimited data on 4G LTE. Since I live in a big city with excellent upload and download speeds on the 4G LTE Spectrum.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding, I believe I hear from a reliable source somewhere that Verizon's 1020 flavor is looking for an Easter-ish launch.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding, I believe I hear from a reliable source somewhere that Verizon's 1020 flavor is looking for an Easter-ish launch.

Well that would make it "late" enough and irrelevant enough that it might even be true. Makes sense that Verizon would release the 1020 around the time rumors of the next generation 1020 will start everywhere else.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think its was Mr. MacPhisto who said that, but yeah the way Verizon has been lately those plans have probably changed.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Every one is so worried about this icon and I just don't see it as an upgrade from the 928. It's dismal at best. It seems the Lumia black update has caused serious issues for people. Which means no icon. Gdr3 seems fine, nokias software on the other hand is not. My 928 was swapped out 3 times in less than 2 wks. Then I jumped Nokia because the issue was happening on all devices. They managed to push 3 touch display updates that has fixed it. If black has messed up more devices then I don't see Verizon releasing the icon til its fixed.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Not me, I will be ditching Verizon soon because T-Mobiles offer is just too damn good. I ditched TMO for Verizon because Verizon had 4G LTE but now that TMO has caught up and they will pay the ETF for me to switch them. I will take this advantage. My phone bill will be about 40 bucks cheaper with unlimited data on 4G LTE. Since I live in a big city with excellent upload and download speeds on the 4G LTE Spectrum.
is it unlimited for new contracts?

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on board for a nice white one. I can deal with the 32gb of memory being I don't put a lot of music on my phone and my app usage is very low so I should be fine.

What ever is announced at the MWC will most likely go to ATT&T first and any iteration of those devices will not see the light of day on VZW till Summer/Fall. By then my 822 (which will go to my wife when Icon comes out) will be up for replacement.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Right now I have an iPhone 5S on Verizon and really want a bigger screen. I did try the 1520 when it was released but AT&T service was awful. The phone had its issues, as did Windows Phone 8 but I am willing to give it another try on Verizon. My debate is whether to wait for Apple to release a new iPhone with a bigger screen. But as of this point I'll probably buy an Icon. But as each month passes with no release I am closer to just waiting on the next iPhone. Another big factory for me will be how well Windows Phone works with my truck's bluetooth system (Chrysler uConnect). The iPhone works perfectly even sending battery and signal strength that is displayed on the screen in my truck. Bluetooth streaming works perfectly as well. If I get an Icon and it doesn't work at least as well as my iPhone it would be going back for a refund. I will be sure to buy my Icon from my local Microsoft store since I know they have a good return policy with no restocking fee.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

That is what I think I will wait for....the Verizon version of the 1020. Hopefully it will be tricked out with Icon hardware specs and have Qi and an Micro SD slot. I would but it off contract from MS Store and use my 928 as a back-up.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If Verizon were to announce something around MWC I might wait. But the Icon looks like a sweet phone and I'm not going to wait around for rumors, been there, done that and doing that until the Icon shows up, LOL.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Right now I have an iPhone 5S on Verizon and really want a bigger screen. I did try the 1520 when it was released but AT&T service was awful. The phone had its issues, as did Windows Phone 8 but I am willing to give it another try on Verizon. My debate is whether to wait for Apple to release a new iPhone with a bigger screen. But as of this point I'll probably buy an Icon. But as each month passes with no release I am closer to just waiting on the next iPhone. Another big factory for me will be how well Windows Phone works with my truck's bluetooth system (Chrysler uConnect). The iPhone works perfectly even sending battery and signal strength that is displayed on the screen in my truck. Bluetooth streaming works perfectly as well. If I get an Icon and it doesn't work at least as well as my iPhone it would be going back for a refund. I will be sure to buy my Icon from my local Microsoft store since I know they have a good return policy with no restocking fee.

If your not going to go with the "Icon" at least buy an Android. You get the screen your looking for and it can actually do something useful. IPhones are for girls, teenagers and those over 70 who need something "simple" to use.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077