Latest rumors: February 5th announce/release date?

Justin Christensen

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the only reason people are thinking its going to be released on the 5th (of either Feb or March) is because the leaked pics all show the calender date on the phone as being Wednesday the 5th, and assuming that might mean something (rather than just being random). Technically it could also mean November the 5th, which also is a Wednesday. I thought Verizon usually released new phones on Thursday though, which if true would make all the rumored release dates invalid.

Yes the pics come from a generally reliable source, but I'm not sure the connection he made from the pic to the date is very solid.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the only reason people are thinking its going to be released on the 5th (of either Feb or March) is because the leaked pics all show the calender date on the phone as being Wednesday the 5th, and assuming that might mean something (rather than just being random). Technically it could also mean November the 5th, which also is a Wednesday. I thought Verizon usually released new phones on Thursday though, which if true would make all the rumored release dates invalid.

Yes the pics come from a generally reliable source, but I'm not sure the connection he made from the pic to the date is very solid.

If you read the serial number backwards it says Feb 5th... Just sayin...

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

ImJustaBilly

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
929. March 5th. February 5th. March is third month, it'll also be Verizon's third lumia and if you add one to 929, that makes 930 which can only mean HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Ben Ropelewski

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm really hoping for a release soon... I had an 8X for a while, but it got stolen in November. I replaced it with an old droid inc, and that broke after a couple weeks, so I've been using my old Kin Twom for over a month and the ribbon cable to the screen (LCD and backlight... Touch still works) is apparently out of place. So, I'm either going to have to fix it myself until the Icon is released, or I make the plunge and settle for something else with a family member's upgrade. I've been desperately holding out for this phone... And I mean desperately. I wasn't going to settle for another phone with this bad boy on the horizon lol.

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Keep us posted, Bertonggoodnews! Any juicy accessories? Otterbox?

No otterbox to be seen. But we did have the generic screen protectors come in as well. My assistant store manager asked me this morning "so is that new Nokia coming out yet" to which I said "apparently?" then he just chuckled. Now he refused to open the box FedEx just delivered which our floor manager said was for phones from the warehouse.

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
No otterbox to be seen. But we did have the generic screen protectors come in as well. My assistant store manager asked me this morning "so is that new Nokia coming out yet" to which I said "apparently?" then he just chuckled. Now he refused to open the box FedEx just delivered which our floor manager said was for phones from the warehouse.

Get him to open that box! Doesn't he know the fate of mankind and WP are potentially in that box?!?! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786