Latest rumors: February 5th announce/release date?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No otterbox to be seen. But we did have the generic screen protectors come in as well. My assistant store manager asked me this morning "so is that new Nokia coming out yet" to which I said "apparently?" then he just chuckled. Now he refused to open the box FedEx just delivered which our floor manager said was for phones from the warehouse.

Fedex delivers your phone supply? Interesting logistics...

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Until you confirm that the icon shipped and we have a picture of it in your hand with proof you are in an actual Verizon store in the USA , as governor Christie would say....forget about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How so? At my last employer, we delivered laser rangefinders to the military via UPS.

I figured with an operation as wide spread as Verizon, IE multiple corporate stores in almost every county, there would be more of a corporate logistics chain. I work in sales so I do a lot of shipping, we generally do freight through a third party, but never UPS, USPS, or FedEx. We do send out samples of material that way though.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I figured with an operation as wide spread as Verizon, IE multiple corporate stores in almost every county, there would be more of a corporate logistics chain. I work in sales so I do a lot of shipping, we generally do freight through a third party, but never UPS, USPS, or FedEx. We do send out samples of material that way though.

I've seen Fedex pulling up to the VZW stores before. For the quantities at the local store level it would make sense. I would guess they may use freight in between distribution centers and receiving product from manufacturers.

My wife works at Costco handling the RTV side of things. They ship with everything from freight, to some dudes with a van, to UPS/Fedex/USPS, whatever the vendor/salvage/etc wants.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Are we talking about a release date of February 5th or an announcement date? I cannot understand the logic in keeping a phone secret. Especially after the phone is no longer a secret. Why not at least present the phone and allow someone to actually see a product presentation? Would they actually send the phone to the stores without even allowing for some time to build the market for the product?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

laramr

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Went to the Microsoft store in DE yesterday and asked if the Icon was in the system yet. Was curious as to what kind of response I would get. Young lady said "No, but I can't wait to see it!" At least I didn't get a dumb stare.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking about a release date of February 5th or an announcement date? I cannot understand the logic in keeping a phone secret. Especially after the phone is no longer a secret. Why not at least present the phone and allow someone to actually see a product presentation? Would they actually send the phone to the stores without even allowing for some time to build the market for the product?

Because Verizon...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. Went to the Microsoft store in DE yesterday and asked if the Icon was in the system yet. Was curious as to what kind of response I would get. Young lady said "No, but I can't wait to see it!" At least I didn't get a dumb stare.

I talked to the staff at the DE store when I went to the Xbox One release and they all were excited about it back then too lol

oniororo

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Went to 2 Verizon stores in south jersey yesterday. At the first one, the lady simply said the release date has not been announced but seem pretty aware of it. At the other store, it was basically the same story except they told me they have 6 different cases already available and couldn't understand the holdup.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What ultimately drove me away from Verizon was the fact that they kept me hanging for well over half a year for a phone that actually had advertising in magazines already even though it hadn't actually been officially announced. FCC sightings, reviews were done, and then it never came out. It literally just never launched. Hope you guys don't suffer the same fate. :( If this phone works on AT&T with 4G speeds and MMS, and if it has QI charging, I might actually want it for AT&T.

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just an FYI - I just got back from the Microsoft Store at Columbus Circle in Manhattan. I was there to check out the Lumia 1520 and ask about their insurance plan. I had a pretty lengthy discussion with one of the guys there - he was very nice and seemed to know everything about WP, including all the rumors on upcoming devices. When I told him I was considering switching from Verizon to AT&T he asked if I knew about the Icon - I said yes, and he went on to discuss it with me. He said he was not allowed to discuss any exact dates, but said what he could share is that they would be accepting pre-orders for the device very soon. This is all info he volunteered without my asking, so again it seemed like he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss