02-07-2014 04:18 PM
49 12
tools
    So i've been reading tons of threads, tons of articles and lots of interesting leak details about the ICON/929. Who has some more info on this release date with rumors and such?

EDIT: More info, VERY CLOSE TO ANNOUNCEMENT Press renders of Nokia Lumia Icon leak as launch date gets closer - Neowin
    Last edited by Keith Petrovich; 01-29-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    01-29-2014 03:43 PM
    01-29-2014 04:36 PM
    So i've been reading tons of threads, tons of articles and lots of interesting leak details about the ICON/929. Who has some more info on this release date?
    No one, otherwise it would already be posted.
    01-29-2014 04:52 PM
    No one, otherwise it would already be posted.
    Im asking for rumors and info. Anything like what I just posted.
    01-29-2014 04:54 PM
    Im asking for rumors and info. Anything like what I just posted.
    You've got what we've got right now, although Daniel seems confident that we'll get the device before Mobile World Congress http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2323311
    KevinRahimi likes this.
    01-29-2014 05:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only reason people are thinking its going to be released on the 5th (of either Feb or March) is because the leaked pics all show the calender date on the phone as being Wednesday the 5th, and assuming that might mean something (rather than just being random). Technically it could also mean November the 5th, which also is a Wednesday. I thought Verizon usually released new phones on Thursday though, which if true would make all the rumored release dates invalid.

Yes the pics come from a generally reliable source, but I'm not sure the connection he made from the pic to the date is very solid.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-30-2014 08:01 AM
    Ugh...More rumor....
    Indistinguishable and nunyazz like this.
    01-30-2014 12:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure the only reason people are thinking its going to be released on the 5th (of either Feb or March) is because the leaked pics all show the calender date on the phone as being Wednesday the 5th, and assuming that might mean something (rather than just being random). Technically it could also mean November the 5th, which also is a Wednesday. I thought Verizon usually released new phones on Thursday though, which if true would make all the rumored release dates invalid.

Yes the pics come from a generally reliable source, but I'm not sure the connection he made from the pic to the date is very solid.
    If you read the serial number backwards it says Feb 5th... Just sayin...

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    01-30-2014 01:57 PM
    If you read the serial number backwards it says Feb 5th... Just sayin...

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    lol
    01-30-2014 05:31 PM
    929. March 5th. February 5th. March is third month, it'll also be Verizon's third lumia and if you add one to 929, that makes 930 which can only mean HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!
    01-30-2014 11:50 PM
    No wai. half life 3.
    Attached Thumbnails disbelief.jpg  
    Kieta and jpling like this.
    01-31-2014 12:32 AM
    I just want a 5 - 5.5" phone with Qi charging. At this point I don't care who the carrier is. Just release something already.
    IdemanEric likes this.
    01-31-2014 10:41 AM
    I'm really hoping for a release soon... I had an 8X for a while, but it got stolen in November. I replaced it with an old droid inc, and that broke after a couple weeks, so I've been using my old Kin Twom for over a month and the ribbon cable to the screen (LCD and backlight... Touch still works) is apparently out of place. So, I'm either going to have to fix it myself until the Icon is released, or I make the plunge and settle for something else with a family member's upgrade. I've been desperately holding out for this phone... And I mean desperately. I wasn't going to settle for another phone with this bad boy on the horizon lol.
    01-31-2014 12:36 PM
    Our store just got a shipment of Lumia icon accessories. And one unopened box of phones.... which I have no clue of its the icon inside
    01-31-2014 04:58 PM
    Our store just got a shipment of Lumia icon accessories. And one unopened box of phones.... which I have no clue of its the icon inside
    Keep us posted, Bertonggoodnews! Any juicy accessories? Otterbox?
    01-31-2014 05:20 PM
    We've heard of accessories being shipped to stores before a couple of weeks ago as I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-31-2014 05:32 PM
    Box Cutter?
    Zippier and DavidinCT like this.
    01-31-2014 08:17 PM
    Keep us posted, Bertonggoodnews! Any juicy accessories? Otterbox?
    No otterbox to be seen. But we did have the generic screen protectors come in as well. My assistant store manager asked me this morning "so is that new Nokia coming out yet" to which I said "apparently?" then he just chuckled. Now he refused to open the box FedEx just delivered which our floor manager said was for phones from the warehouse.
    01-31-2014 09:09 PM
    We've heard of accessories being shipped to stores before a couple of weeks ago as I recall.

Yea but it seemed like my area only got it now. Probably a good sign since my area is usually late when it comes to receiving things. Always slower in the south...
    01-31-2014 09:11 PM
    No otterbox to be seen. But we did have the generic screen protectors come in as well. My assistant store manager asked me this morning "so is that new Nokia coming out yet" to which I said "apparently?" then he just chuckled. Now he refused to open the box FedEx just delivered which our floor manager said was for phones from the warehouse.
    Get him to open that box! Doesn't he know the fate of mankind and WP are potentially in that box?!?! :)
    01-31-2014 10:18 PM
    Fedex delivers your phone supply? Interesting logistics...
    01-31-2014 10:44 PM
    Until you confirm that the icon shipped and we have a picture of it in your hand with proof you are in an actual Verizon store in the USA , as governor Christie would say....forget about it!

pci2k likes this.
    02-01-2014 06:10 AM
    it's gotta be Feb 5
    02-01-2014 11:26 AM
    Fedex delivers your phone supply? Interesting logistics...
    How so? At my last employer, we delivered laser rangefinders to the military via UPS.
    02-01-2014 11:28 AM
    How so? At my last employer, we delivered laser rangefinders to the military via UPS.
    I figured with an operation as wide spread as Verizon, IE multiple corporate stores in almost every county, there would be more of a corporate logistics chain. I work in sales so I do a lot of shipping, we generally do freight through a third party, but never UPS, USPS, or FedEx. We do send out samples of material that way though.
    02-01-2014 11:48 AM
49 12