Will go live tonight!

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I just called another store. He told me to call back next week, as he's heard some rumors internally that they'll have it very soon.

Edit: A third store just told me they have to put an order in for it. That means it's available for them to order now.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just called my store in my town. "It should be in stock pretty soon, but we don't have any right now." I asked about the Nokia Lumia Icon, so he definitely knew what I was talking about!

Interesting.... cause you are in MD and the other dude was in Maine and I would thing yall are close right? but he said his Verizon doesn't have it. I was thinking the shipment might have it the North East of United States first like New York, Massachusetts etc.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting.... cause you are in MD and the other dude was in Maine and I would thing yall are close right? but he said his Verizon doesn't have it. I was thinking the shipment might have it the North East of United States first like New York, Massachusetts etc.

It doesn't affect me in the slightest since I have AT&T, but perhaps since I'm in the Washington D.C / Baltimore metro area that might mean my area is getting stock.

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
for those of you saying it, yes, posting this thread was kinda dumb. There are some people saying that you can place an order in store. I called my local stores and they all said you couldn't yet and that the release date is really soon

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I called three stores:

Store 1) "We have cases, but nothing in the system yet. Hopefully next week"
Store 2) "You're asking about the Nokia Lumia Ipad? The Lumia Ipad? Oh, Icon? Let me see. Nope."
Store 3) "Uh, I just checked with someone, and the Icon is only going to be an AT&T phone".

So yeah. That was awesome.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I called three stores:

Store 2) "You're asking about the Nokia Lumia Ipad? The Lumia Ipad? Oh, Icon? Let me see. Nope."
Store 3) "Uh, I just checked with someone, and the Icon is only going to be an AT&T phone".

If only #3 was true :p

BurritoButt

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'll join in on the fun (plus, I'm a little bored). Called my closest stores and got the following responses:

Store 1) "Huh? Icon? Never heard of it, but let me check." Lots of mumbling in the background. "Looks like it's going to be announced by the end of the week and we should have it in stock in 1 to 2 weeks after that."
Store 2) "We don't have that yet. I have no idea when that will be in stock."
Store 3) "No, we don't have any here. I'm not sure if it's even been released yet."
Store 4) "Not in yet. Let me see if I can find a release date on that." On hold for a couple of minutes and then "I can't find a release date, but we have cases for it, so it's got to be fairly soon."

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I called three stores:

Why do people keep taking what store associates say as truth?
Most of them just say whatever you want to hear to get off the phone as quickly as possible.
Plenty of them have no clue what's going on and just talk.

These guys aren't working for phone release teams, they're retail associates, possibly in franchise stores. They're not the first to know, and usually know minutes before we do. Just because one says they'll have it soon doesn't mean it's true, it means he's trying to get you to get off the phone but not go to another store.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just speaking with someone in corporate being I filed a complaint about lack of info on the phone. Take this with a grain of salt, she that the delay of the device isn't Verizon doing and it's Nokia. She told me that Nokia provides the dates to Verizon and then they make the announcement.

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Why do people keep taking what store associates say as truth?
Most of them just say whatever you want to hear to get off the phone as quickly as possible.
Plenty of them have no clue what's going on and just talk.

These guys aren't working for phone release teams, they're retail associates, possibly in franchise stores. They're not the first to know, and usually know minutes before we do. Just because one says they'll have it soon doesn't mean it's true, it means he's trying to get you to get off the phone but not go to another store.

I don't think anyone is taking anything as absolute truth, but we're just hoping that there might be some insight from someone that literally works full time for Verizon and may have just received a shipment. Nobody on this forum believes that this will be an AT&T phone, but we may want to poke fun at a Verizon employee that attempts to say that.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I read every thread that comes up related to the Icon/929. No I have no plans to get one, I am on AT&T and have three cell phones. Its just that they are so entertaining. Better than a good book and twice as funny. Sorry guys I just can't help it. I hope ya'll get them (one day). But I don't think it will be today. Good luck; and keep the posts comming. It gives me something to read until the next prolonged update (by AT&T) starts.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Why do so many people have multiple cell phones?

Isn't that redundant.....and needlessly expensive?

What am I missing?

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Since nobody wants to commit to a proper answer (ie. release date) then assume that this phone will not be a thing until such an announcement is made.

JjonesWI

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
What shows up first: My free 2520 Keyboard case, or my new Lumia Icon?

This is killing me though. I was ready to buy in October. Every single day the camera on my temporary HTC 8X makes me angry.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I'll join in on the fun (plus, I'm a little bored). Called my closest stores and got the following responses:

Store 1) "Huh? Icon? Never heard of it, but let me check." Lots of mumbling in the background. "Looks like it's going to be announced by the end of the week and we should have it in stock in 1 to 2 weeks after that."
Store 2) "We don't have that yet. I have no idea when that will be in stock."
Store 3) "No, we don't have any here. I'm not sure if it's even been released yet."
Store 4) "Not in yet. Let me see if I can find a release date on that." On hold for a couple of minutes and then "I can't find a release date, but we have cases for it, so it's got to be fairly soon."

See if you can get the number of the random China man that has the phone, or maybe the dude in Mexico, or maybe the webmaster at Verizon that put it live, they all seem to know more than the "brain surgeons" at Verizon. If only Verizon outsourced their customer service to China, maybe the associate on the other line would actually have one.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Some people are not poor.

Well I'm far from poor....but I don't generally flush money either. Sure seems like more and more people (especially around here) have multiple phones. I can see if you have a "work" phone that "work" is paying for......other than that???

anon(5316299)

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm far from poor....but I don't generally flush money either. Sure seems like more and more people (especially around here) have multiple phones. I can see if you have a "work" phone that "work" is paying for......other than that???

In my case, I work for a company that develops mobile applications, among other things. We're a small startup, and it's cheaper for me to have a bunch of phones than for us to contract with a professional testing company...so at any given time I have about 3 iDevices, 2 WP8 devices, and a smattering of Android devices (tablets and phones). The downside of having all the goodies is that I have to use all of them, and I spend (nearly) as much time with my Galaxy SII as I do with my Experia Z1s.

On weekends, though, it's Lumia 1020 all the way...and my personal tablet is a Dell Venue 8 Pro....with a working stylus (Yay!) and the official keyboard (kinda bleah, to be honest).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99