02-09-2014 11:10 PM
33 12
tools
    I want to see how this Samsung Verizon WP goes. If that's bad then, I'll grab a 928 online. If not that my last resort is use my Moto X until December and see what's out then.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-08-2014 11:10 AM
    Blackberry 10 because security plays in huge factor now days and it is the right thing to protect yourself.
    You understand that if you are just using a phone as an everyday device, and are not on an encrypted server, BB 10 offers absolutely no security advantages? Even if on a secure system, anyone who thinks BB hasn't given agencies a backdoor into their system is being very nave. BTW, the Android runtime in BB 10 Is just about as secure as any other version of Android. In fact, I believe a major security flaw regarding the runtime allowing Android apps access to secure information was just announced today....
    02-08-2014 02:17 PM
    You understand that if you are just using a phone as an everyday device, and are not on an encrypted server, BB 10 offers absolutely no security advantages? Even if on a secure system, anyone who thinks BB hasn't given agencies a backdoor into their system is being very nave. BTW, the Android runtime in BB 10 Is just about as secure as any other version of Android. In fact, I believe a major security flaw regarding the runtime allowing Android apps access to secure information was just announced today....
    If you don't run android apps you'll be fine. With BlackBerry 10 you can decide what apps have permission to use what. Android has this to an extent, being you have to use an app and be running less than 4.4.2. because Google removed it. Also it much less being scared of the the gov't looking at what you are doing and more being more scared by the amount of info Google itself collects. (Hint: if you are not aware of the Google Dashboard you'll be in for a shock)

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-08-2014 03:25 PM
    In reality, how is the GS4? I've heard some pretty bad review from the people I know that have it.
    The problem is Touch Wiz. It is bloated and needs a refresh. Hardware is great as long as your okay with the plastic. Better options out there now though.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    I wouldn't recommend the GS4 with Touch Wiz. If you could get the Play edition or load a ROM it would be ok. But the VZW GS4 is laggy and not impressive on the performance front. The plastic isn't awful, but not my favorite. I can make it about 36 hours syncing one email and very little other use. Typically need to reboot once a day and I've been having random txt notifications with no txt. Then later I'll find an unread txt that appeared at some point. At this point I'd take an iPhone over this thing and I'm not a fan of Apple.
    02-08-2014 04:18 PM
    Nokia Lumia Icon: Preorder next week, due to land on Verizon February 20th | Windows Phone Central

Here's my backup plan. Thanks to Mr. Rubino for posting this in another thread.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    02-08-2014 04:28 PM
    I definitely advice against the LG G2 :), I own a Lumia 1520 couldn't be happier.
    02-08-2014 08:28 PM
    I definitely advice against the LG G2 :), I own a Lumia 1520 couldn't be happier.
    same here just picked up a black 1520 and yeah sweet but gonna need sum getting used to!
    02-09-2014 09:28 AM
    I didn't want to wait anymore and had a change of carriers. Switched to iphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-09-2014 11:10 PM
33 12