Nokia Lumia Icon Will Go On Sale February 20th!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The 1020 is ~600 off contract . I have a bad feeling about buying off contract (which is what I planned on doing).

I want this announced so I can save up and it can be less of a pain on the ol` wallet. I can afford it regardless but, I might be hurting for a while afterwards and I want to avoid that so I can buy stuff like Gas for my car.

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't guarantee dates, but it's definitely coming out SOON.

LVwQDqf.jpg

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's all confirmed, but I like pics :D

Figured. Just found a bunch of documents for the Icon. It even included a comparison chart between the 928, 1020, and the Icon. I'm not sure why the 1020 was there since the 1520 should be what it "competes" against.

Wishful thinking would be a VZW version of the 1020...

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
This is in line with a) Dan's posts stating that he felt the Icon would be released before MWC, b) the timing of the Nokia teaser from yesterday, and c) the sales person at the Microsoft Store who told me earlier this week that they would be taking pre-orders for the device "very soon". I'm guessing that this is going to be it.

Verizon store employee gave me 12th date last night. Mentioned black only in store. Already have accessories.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Figured. Just found a bunch of documents for the Icon. It even included a comparison chart between the 928, 1020, and the Icon. I'm not sure why the 1020 was there since the 1520 should be what it "competes" against.

I'd imagine it's more likely there for you to use to keep customers away from AT&T.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Any price information, Bertong? Also, do you know if both Black and White will be released as the same time? I'd like to play with both before I decide which one I'm going with.
Thanks for your help!

Dre Thomas1

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep and he said "all i can say is you will be able to have one in your hands by the 23rd of this month" they are releasing both white and black they will receive their shipment next week

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep and he said "all i can say is you will be able to have one in your hands by the 23rd of this month" they are releasing both white and black they will receive their shipment next week

Which would be exactly 3 months after the 1520 was released. Is this really a coincidence, people???

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Which would be exactly 3 months after the 1520 was released. Is this really a coincidence, people???

guess not, you win.

I'm still going to wait for the in-depth reviews before springing for it, though. hard to imagine the battery life will be that great - my 928 is lousy.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
guess not, you win.

I'm still going to wait for the in-depth reviews before springing for it, though. hard to imagine the battery life will be that great - my 928 is lousy.

Honestly, unless you get a phone like the droid maxx your probably gonna have to charge it every night. I use my 928 a good amount and don't have much trouble getting through the day

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
My 928 gives me roughly 7 hours and if im listening to music on the phone or streaming music I only get 3-4 hours tops. I'll get the 929 in hopes of better battery life. Hoping for $500 full retail.

Verizon also has a promo going on till the end of march, trade in a phone and they'll give u up to $300 if its worth it. Wonder how much Verizon would offer for the 928 vs how much the Microsoft store would offer for a trade in.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/09/...s_semi&utm_source=engadget&utm_medium=twitter

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle