Nokia Lumia Icon Will Go On Sale February 20th!

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Any price information, Bertong? Also, do you know if both Black and White will be released as the same time? I'd like to play with both before I decide which one I'm going with.
Thanks for your help!

Black and white looks like it will be released at the same time. However, it looks like retail stores will have black only available for sale (similar to the tablet - red is online only, and the recent 928 shipments - stores have black only).

Can't confirm the statement above with phone in your hands by the 23rd, but its definitely coming. I personally can't wait to get it.

bertongbadtrip

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My 928 gives me roughly 7 hours and if im listening to music on the phone or streaming music I only get 3-4 hours tops. I'll get the 929 in hopes of better battery life. Hoping for $500 full retail.

Verizon also has a promo going on till the end of march, trade in a phone and they'll give u up to $300 if its worth it. Wonder how much Verizon would offer for the 928 vs how much the Microsoft store would offer for a trade in.

Verizon waiving activation fees, offering smartphone trade-in deals for a limited time

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

$100 for the 928 if you activate a new phone. Need to double check though. Haven't had customers trade in a Lumia 928 yet.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Only $100 for the only high end WP on vzw at the moment that's ridiculous thanks for the info I may check the Microsoft store first then. Otherwise sell it online myself

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Black and white looks like it will be released at the same time. However, it looks like retail stores will have black only available for sale (similar to the tablet - red is online only, and the recent 928 shipments - stores have black only).

Can't confirm the statement above with phone in your hands by the 23rd, but its definitely coming. I personally can't wait to get it.

I hope that they at least have both available as display models in the stores? Either Microsoft or Verizon stores better have them out - I need to see what I'm buying before I buy it.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My 928 gives me roughly 7 hours and if im listening to music on the phone or streaming music I only get 3-4 hours tops. I'll get the 929 in hopes of better battery life. Hoping for $500 full retail.

Verizon also has a promo going on till the end of march, trade in a phone and they'll give u up to $300 if its worth it. Wonder how much Verizon would offer for the 928 vs how much the Microsoft store would offer for a trade in.

Verizon waives activation fees, offers smartphone trade-in deals -- for a limited time

I have a Trophy! Will ... will they laugh at me ...?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
guess not, you win.

I'm still going to wait for the in-depth reviews before springing for it, though. hard to imagine the battery life will be that great - my 928 is lousy.

I don't want to win! I want any and all traces of these exclusivity agreements with AT&T to cease and desist. I hope the buyout does it but we have no clear evidence of that being the case.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
if its in working order you should atleast get $100 according to that article

I think it's marketing speak again. I went to the web site and the Trophy (and my old Touch Pro 2) is worth $5. LOL Now, I'd love to hear that I'm wrong, but that is what I got from the VZW site.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just traded in 5 old phones.

EVO 4G - $5
Samsung Intensity - $7
Samsung Galaxy SII - $35
Samsung Instinct - $5
iPhone 5 (16gb) - $300

Although I sent them all in at the same time ,I haven't received the credit for the iPhone just yet so we'll see what they try to pull. All of the others are now an electronic gift certificate that I can use on Verizon. I'll probably use the credits to pay my bill and get the Icon from Microsoft.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait to see what the off contract price will be. Unless it's some ridiculous price I'll be pre-ordering.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, waiting cause I'll be selling off my 928 to help offset the cost some. Made sure to protect it very well since I got it in Nov cause I knew this day was coming. lol

bono30

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have not bought a phone from microsot before. I also have never owned a windows phone which the icon will be my first experience with it. What is the microsoft stores return policy like in case I would like to switch back to android?

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so today is the 11th. I would think we should hear something today about pre-ordering at a Microsoft Store tomorrow. When I called our store here in Indianapolis last night (salt shakers out please) the rep said he had just found out about the Icon and according to his manager it may end up being a Verizon exclusive and not available at their stores. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is incorrect and just another case of "higher ups don't share important information with the customer facing facet" but I don't know.

It would be nice to know. I was going to take the morning off work and place my order.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so today is the 11th. I would think we should hear something today about pre-ordering at a Microsoft Store tomorrow. When I called our store here in Indianapolis last night (salt shakers out please) the rep said he had just found out about the Icon and according to his manager it may end up being a Verizon exclusive and not available at their stores. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is incorrect and just another case of "higher ups don't share important information with the customer facing facet" but I don't know.

It would be nice to know. I was going to take the morning off work and place my order.

I don't think that's true. The phone is in the Microsoft store's system. I know because I reserved one and the store rep showed me what he did on his phone. The Icon was in their system and they're waiting for inventory. I even got an email receipt.

It'd be contrary to what WPC said about Microsoft store's having the phone available as well. I'm guessing the store rep you were with didn't know what they were talking about.

Edit: Here's a picture of the receipt: Rev.png

Last edited:

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Well technically it's a Verizon exclusive :winktongue:

Wonder if he means the pre-order is web-only via Verizon's web site.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
HA! Yes, it is a Verizon exclusive that I'm hoping I can purchase at a Microsoft store....TOMORROW!

Anyway, who knows. I'll wait until after lunch and call the Microsoft Store again. Nothing better to do....well I should do some work too.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that's true. The phone is in the Microsoft store's system. I know because I reserved one and the store rep showed me what he did on his phone. The Icon was in their system and they're waiting for inventory. I even got an email receipt.

It'd be contrary to what WPC said about Microsoft store's having the phone available as well. I'm guessing the store rep you were with didn't know what they were talking about.

Thank you! I'll be checking back with them again later today. I didn't expect to get the phone in my hands but just place the order.

So you did your entire order over the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo