Ok so I have this theory that when the first couple of leaks came out for the Nokia Lumia Icon/929, Verizon didn't know what to do. My theory is that they knew this would be a phone that a ton of people would want and also to want to switch to a windows phone (like myself). So when they knew this phone wasn't coming out for awhile and that there were rumored release dates they knew people would be less content to buy the phone if they announced the release date back then for February. That's why I think they kept releasing "leaks" to keep the people that wanted the phone, on the edge of their seats thinking it was going to come out soon. This is what I think and it might not be right or it might be.
    02-09-2014 06:07 PM
    I am OK with leaks and Rumors . when it showed up on their website then vanishes with not even an (it's coming) is when I lost interest and jumped on the note 3. I really wanted the phone and still do!! Just not enough to give up my n3 and L928 for now. Of course they don't care but I'm sure I'm not the only one . I think at had a 3 month lead with the 1520 no matter what leak or rumor. It would have ben sooooo much wiser to say just that.
    Att will sell the l1520 and Verizon gets the icon in February. See? Easy. And I would have waited patiently

wp8 and android co exist in my world
    02-09-2014 06:21 PM
    There were no 'released leaks'. By definition if it is a release, even a covert one, it is not a leak, it is just part of a marketing campaign. Daniel in other threads stated that Nokia, Microsoft nor Verizon leaked anything to the press. Some things happened because the supply chain is large and involved several different companies and overeager employees and contractors released information. It happens on most large projects. Most of the time it is unnoticed, but when something is highly anticipated it gets noticed a lot more.

The pushbacks were for either technical or marketing reasons on Verizon's end. That is all. It happens all the time. Making up random theories in no way changes that fact.
    02-09-2014 08:43 PM
    I thought somebody mention the delay was all on Verizon trying to get a better deal on the Icon.
    02-09-2014 08:51 PM
    I think back in October 2013; it would of sold well for the holidays.

With new phones coming out with high end features like Samsung S5; I think that it will not have the impact unless Nokia has revise their hardware spec to that of the Galaxy S5.

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-09-2014 09:24 PM
    Ok so I have this theory that when the first couple of leaks came out for the Nokia Lumia Icon/929, Verizon didn't know what to do. My theory is that they knew this would be a phone that a ton of people would want and also to want to switch to a windows phone (like myself). So when they knew this phone wasn't coming out for awhile and that there were rumored release dates they knew people would be less content to buy the phone if they announced the release date back then for February. That's why I think they kept releasing "leaks" to keep the people that wanted the phone, on the edge of their seats thinking it was going to come out soon. This is what I think and it might not be right or it might be.
    Verizon *Never* announces phones more than like a week or so before hands, so it is not surprising that more leaks came out before a release. Maybe they were having issues, and originally planned for it to be released earlier, but had to keep testing and have Nokia push an update or change something?
    02-09-2014 09:35 PM