Verizon's "boxy shape" design for the 929.. like it or hate it?

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So are they going to ever release a new Nokia phone to compete with what ATT and the others have or what???

The only reason I'm still with Verizon is because of my grandfathered UNLIMITED 4G data.
I of course have to upgrade on other lines I use for my wife and kids when they come available and then switch the new phone to my line and give them mine as a hand me down. LOL!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 dominates it... It's just aesthetically better with a better screen and not a million awful check marks.

Please do tell how the 1520 "dominates" it? A different type of screen? Aesthetic differences? That's "domination" to you?

Let's be real. They're both good options. Many will prefer the size of the Icon.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
z33dev33l, Did you follow the link? The specs compared were not only the processor, graphics and RAM ("runs"). Display, size, weight, camera, video, storage, battery, price, etc., were also compared. Your 920 may run just as well as the 1520 under wp8 but will it under wp8.1?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
z33dev33l, Did you follow the link? The specs compared were not only the processor, graphics and RAM ("runs"). Display, size, weight, camera, video, storage, battery, price, etc., were also compared. Your 920 may run just as well as the 1520 under wp8 but will it under wp8.1?
I'm sure it will considering Microsoft optimizes their software almost staggeringly well. There may eventually be games that need the hardware but not right away. Doesn't change the fact that Verizon ruined another good Lumia by making it boxy and ugly.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it looks great, sleek and professional. The 1520 is boxier looking if you ask me with sharper corners. If I get one it will be going into a commuter case anyway, no more boxiness.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks great, sleek and professional. The 1520 is boxier looking if you ask me with sharper corners. If I get one it will be going into a commuter case anyway, no more boxiness.
Do you know how self-contradictory that statement is? If you do put in a case, take it out to admire it now and then. Even Jay Leno takes his cars out of the garage for a spin.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 dominates it... It's just aesthetically better with a better screen and not a million awful check marks.
I have a couple of concerns with the 1520. I've heard a few people mention the glass hairline cracking from being in their front pocket. I feel its too big to be in my pocket so I won't chance it, especially with those reports I feel it's also too big to be on a belt clip. I also like being able to hold my phone in one hand. I held the 1520 and didn't feel like I could accomplish that.

Last edited:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I find the Icon to be much better looking than the 1520! I hold the 1520 everyday at work and it doesn't appeal to me as much as I would have thought it would (admittedly it might be because of the size)

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think its the best looking Windows Phone by a mile. The reds and yellows make the phones look cheap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mobile Nations mobile app

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
BLACK OR WHITE WHAT DO I GET!??!?!!??! If I get black I can drive to my Verizon store in the morning like 10 min drive. If I get white I have to drive to my nearest Microsoft store about an hour and 15 min... decisions decisions....

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL, or order in the morning and get free overnight shipping. We've been waiting months already...

That said, I'm going to the store tomorrow. I'll pick up 2 black ones if they have them and I'm ordering a white one. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte