06-14-2014 03:06 PM
289 12345 ...
tools
    It also doesn't have double tap, which is strange, considering the ATT 520 has it...
    02-12-2014 04:31 PM
    I'd trust this site more than some general purpose tech reviewer.

I miss Glance a ton and its only been a few hours. Double tap still works tho
    02-12-2014 04:42 PM
    Just tell us why... :(. What a weird feature to leave out at launch...
    02-12-2014 04:44 PM
    I'd trust this site more than some general purpose tech reviewer.

I miss Glance a ton and its only been a few hours. Double tap still works tho
    Daniel seemed to indicate that glance & double tap are related and thus the Icon will have neither... I really don't actually understand that either. But I've disabled both on my NL822 for the time being
    02-12-2014 04:45 PM
    Daniel seemed to indicate that glance & double tap are related and thus the Icon will have neither... I really don't actually understand that either. But I've disabled both on my NL822 for the time being
    I mean, the hardware supports it, so honestly, no excuse. And if you say the amoled thing, that's bs, as the 1020 is amoled and has that.
    02-12-2014 04:56 PM
    I'm going to turn off glance and see if I care. Can't imagine it meaning that much. Maybe it will.
    At least I'll get it figured out by the 20th.
    02-12-2014 05:01 PM
    It might be possible that this is why the phone was delayed? I doubt it's truly a hardware issue, probably some bugs they couldn't get worked out and through another round of testing before launch. We'll never know the answer, but its fun to guess. LOL

It is a cool feature, but I'll still dump my GS4 in a heartbeat to get this phone.
    02-12-2014 05:01 PM
    I had trouble getting Glance working on my 822, especially with the double tap not working all the time. Plus I found the blinking time annoying. Always thought I had a call or text. So it's not a big deal for me not to have it.
    02-12-2014 05:05 PM
    This is why I'm ticked Glance isn't on there. I really want the double tap feature. If you can double tap without Glance, then I'm back on board.
    02-12-2014 05:11 PM
    Never cared for Glance, but like the double tap. Wonder what weird hardware they pulled that it's not supportable.
    02-12-2014 05:56 PM
    Does the 1520 have glance/double-tap? Because theyre essentially the same hardware. So if it does then something else went wrong and I'm guessing it was software. Which means there could be a fix, so thats good news?
    Last edited by JBConforti; 02-12-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    02-12-2014 05:58 PM
    Does the 1520 have glance/double-tap? Because theyre essentially the same hardware. So if it does then something else went wrong and I'm guessing it was software. Which means there could be a fix, so thats good news?
    yup, the Icon is a weird one.

I just don't understand. any phone theoretically would support double-tap-to-wake, nearly all of them do since its just keeping the touchscreen powered all the time.

Now glance I'd understand if they used an el cheapo panel, but they didnt. It's an AMOLED.

My guesses are that Verizon had some odd demand
    the features are being worked on and have been foregone for launch to appear later in order to ship earlier
    there is a weird bug with the hardware (since it IS a country/carrier specific, probably had less resources devoted to it) that breaks one or both, something that Nokia doesn't see a straight-forward solution for and is chipping at it
    02-12-2014 06:33 PM
    Why does everyone keep acting like it will NEVER have Glance support?

Does it really HAVE to have it on day one?
    Keith Petrovich likes this.
    02-12-2014 06:53 PM
    I keep seeing no glance/doubletap. Glance I can give up but double tap? I have to believe it will have that. We are not going backwards are we .....

Yes it should have basic features that old phones have on day one.
    02-12-2014 06:58 PM

Well, considering every other high-end Lumia with the same screen technology (and even some LCDs) has it... yes. This is supposed to be a flagship device.
    jpling likes this.
    02-12-2014 06:59 PM
    Well, considering every other high-end Lumia has it... Yes.
    Well then you should pass on it
    02-12-2014 07:01 PM
    as should I I guess :notconfused:
    02-12-2014 07:06 PM
    Yeah... clearly that's what I should do. And Nokia should include an existing feature on a new flagship device. Wouldn't it be surprising if they didn't include Nokia Camera on this phone?
    jpling likes this.
    02-12-2014 07:06 PM
    Look, I really don't care who buys one and who doesn't. It will just be sort of sad/funny when it has Glance a week after launching.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    02-12-2014 07:27 PM
    Look, I really don't care who buys one and who doesn't. It will just be sort of sad/funny when it has Glance a week after launching.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    And that's when ill buy it them, MS and Nokia need to get there **** together before I'm gone for good, just one excuse after another blah blah blah idc
    jpling and maevinj like this.
    02-12-2014 07:43 PM

I don't think it needs to have it day one as long as they officially say one way or another if it's coming.

If it's a feature you want, it would be foolish to spend your money just assuming it will show up. See the FM Radio and the 928......
    02-12-2014 07:50 PM
    Hmmmmmmmm. Same screen type as 928 but no glance... 1520 same processor, camera, led flash and memory but different screen tech and has glance...
    I wonder if this was the underlying culprit of the 928 screen freeze issue...
    I should turn off my glance to see if my screen stops freezing up...of course I have to admit, I've been freeze free for two weeks now and I love glance.
    Last edited by muneshyne21; 02-12-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    02-12-2014 08:04 PM
    My guess is that Nokia was not happy with the battery life when Glance was enabled, so they scrapped it until further testing/updates would gain better battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    mtalinm likes this.
    02-12-2014 08:33 PM
    I think this is something that will get added in the near future. If you all know Verizon like I do coming from a long list of Androids. If something isn't quite right then they will either delay the device or simply have it removed. I honestly believe that's what has happened here. Ive had many of androids that have been crippled or falls far behind on updates due to their long waited approvals.

With that being said id also like to add after watching all the unboxing videos, I must say I think we all were a little wrong on Verizon not being behind this device 100%. With the big waterproof/air sealed pelican cases, big Verizon and Nokia literature, bright red lights and red headphones screaming Verizon, I must say that was over the top and pretty sweet. They wanted to catch everyone eyes and make a statement and I think they did a great job so far.
    02-12-2014 10:09 PM
    This is why I'm ticked Glance isn't on there. I really want the double tap feature. If you can double tap without Glance, then I'm back on board.
    The AT&T 520 has double tap, but no glace, so...
    02-12-2014 10:12 PM
289 12345 ...