No Glance support?!!!

sanlovinfran

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Read the WP Central Lumia Icon review. It states it on there.

Posted via the WPC App

The LapTopMag review states this: "The device also sports an improved Glance feature. The enhanced function displays notifications on the lockscreen for missed calls, texts, emails and alarms in addition to the large digital clock at the bottom of the display ."

slowburnaz

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
So what are all of you complaining going to do if glance support is eliminated from all future devices? Switch to Android or iPhone? Oh yes... Great idea since they both have an awesome glance support system.

I think it's quite ignorant to call the Icon garbage just because it doesn't support Glance. People will always find something to complain about. Smh...

Posted via the WPC App

Who called the Icon garbage? If you're referring to me, the OP, what I was referring to was the omission of the Glance feature as being "garbage". Sorry for the confusion.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Glance is very meh compared to Active Notifications on the Moto X, though that's not perfect either, but it does crush Glance. Plus there are third party apps avaiable for Android that do some of the same things. Neither are as smooth as Active Notifications or Glance. I highly doubt Glance is going away, but then again I'm not one of the people who say the Icon is garbage.... It still rules, but I'm no longer rushing to get it. I'll stay with my 928/Moto X combo until I hear more.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The LapTopMag review states this: "The device also sports an improved Glance feature. The enhanced function displays notifications on the lockscreen for missed calls, texts, emails and alarms in addition to the large digital clock at the bottom of the display ."

Wish they would've added an image showing that the glance feature works on the Icon.

Posted via the WPC App

slowburnaz

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Wish they would've added an image showing that the glance feature works on the Icon.

Posted via the WPC App

Makes me wonder if that reviewer really knows what Glance is, considering he/she mentions the "lock screen". The lock screen and Glance are separate things.

Todd Scanlan

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I was all set to talk to my business rep and tell her to order me the Icon next week. But then today, I see that it doesn't have Glance and I think I'll wait. Now that Black came out for the 928, the extra notifications on the glance screen are just awesome. In my opinion, the best feature of Black. I mean, is there any other OS out there that has a feature like the glance screen where you can see your notifications without turning it on? We have been asking for a notification "light" but this is so much better.

once you go black update...

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
maybe, just maybe, the notification center for 8,1 will make Glance obsolete so why code Glance for the Icon if it's going to be replaced in the very near future?

Keith Petrovich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
... Who cares? I mean, sure it can be a deal breaker for you, but if you're a windows fan and with verizon then you're going to be with the 928 for a while over something that isn't a huge downgrade to the phone. I could see if this phone didn't have a 1080p display or something like that to be a bad dealbreaker, but glance support isn't something that's a major hardware issue? I just dont get it, I dont get it at all. These phones do so much, they are so powerful, and people are upset that it doesn't have glance? Are we so lazy that we can't hit the power button and look at lock screen or open an app? Maybe just maybe..

And for those coming from AT&T, I get the vibe that a lot of you are jealous that we get this phone over here and you're trying to find an issue to make a big deal over it. Dont be jealous, because you have some amazing phones that have glance and are powerful. The 1020 is my dream windows phone. But i'll be getting the icon and something as silly as no glance support wont stop or deter me.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Are we so lazy that we can't hit the power button and look at lock screen or open an app? Maybe just maybe..

Some person invented a notification-Light a century ago. Thats because phones are for communication and its essential to get notified about a missed call or sms or whatever !
I already missed countless calls and whatsapp messages from pretty girls because my 620 not even got glance 2.0 yet.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Some person invented a notification-Light a century ago. Thats because phones are for communication and its essential to get notified about a missed call or sms or whatever !
I already missed countless calls and whatsapp messages from pretty girls because my 620 not even got glance 2.0 yet.

tumblr_lxinyvo2hT1r2t8hto1_500.gif

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Not 100% but certainly getting there. Still, not a deal breaker but I do like the Glance feature and contrary to popular belief, we will still have double tap to wake. Those two options are separate.
we will still have double tap to wake? I want this waaaaaaay more than glance! Reading through the posts I was under the impression they were both removed. As long as I have double tap I'm all in. Double tap brings up lock screen which gives me the same info as glance anyway. #L928 #L822 #LGG2 have spoiled me with dt2Awake

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My theory is that there's something else coming down the pipeline with wp8.1 hardware when it comes to glance. Maybe the Icon is actually primed for wp8.1 but is running wp8. And that's why glance is not yet available - but will be in wp8.1 fashion with wp8.1 adjustments made.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Wait, I'm confused...I was going to switch from an S4...how do you know you have a message or missed a call? No LED light? No "glace"? You have to physically turn on the device just to see if you missed a call? Do I have that right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss