Charging Plate

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up two from AT&T. They're on sale for $24.50 and if you get two or more accessories you get an additional 10% off.

They only have white and black available, but it's half the price of Verizon right now.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys know why my charging plate + phone gets warm? It happens 3/5 time while I charge my phone. I got DT900 & L928

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys know why my charging plate + phone gets warm? It happens 3/5 time while I charge my phone. I got DT900 & L928
Because there is a lot of electricity running through/transferring between them, is the only thing I can think of. Wasted energy is manifested as heat, like an incandescent bulb vs a compact fluorescent bulb. Ever notice how a CFL doesn't get nearly as hot? That's a side effect of it being so much more efficient at using energy than a regular light bulb.

Wireless charging is totally awesome, but its still relatively new technology(its implementation is new...its been around for decades). So it isn't as efficient as it could be, and isn't as efficient as corded charging.

I don't know why it happens sometimes and not others but it could have something to do with what the phone is running while charging at particular times.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
When you pre-order the Icon at a Microsoft Store, do they mention the wireless charging plate? Do they let you choose which wireless charger you want or do they decide which one to give?

Posted via the WPC App

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
When you pre-order the Icon at a Microsoft Store, do they mention the wireless charging plate? Do they let you choose which wireless charger you want or do they decide which one to give?

They didn't mention anything about it to me, but I don't think my particular rep really knew too much about it.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
THIS!
My wife has one by her recliner in the living room. I have one (in the JBL Power-up) next to my chair in the living room. I also have one on my desk in the back room, and one on my desk at work, along with my Frankensteined wireless car charger.

You're missing the best place - your nightstand and charge it overnight.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
THIS!
My wife has one by her recliner in the living room. I have one (in the JBL Power-up) next to my chair in the living room. I also have one on my desk in the back room, and one on my desk at work, along with my Frankensteined wireless car charger.

I have one at work and one at home. I just read the other thread and that Franken-charger is pretty awesome.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't charge by the nightstand anymore. Too easy to be distracted by my precious.

It charges out in the living room overnight.
haha I do the same. I actually got up this morning, grabbed my phone, then hopped right back into bed. If I didn't have to get up for it, I'd end up like the bedridden grandparents in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb