Obligatory White or Black thread

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So our color options are few here on Verizon. What a surprise...

I'm still trying to decide between white or black, and I'm guessing my mind will not be made up until I actually get my hands on both. What about everyone else?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I originally had a white 928. It was glossy... I loved the phone but it was slicker then the matte black. I actually pulled it out of my pocket when it was cold with my dry hands and it slipped out like a bar of soap and landed just pefectly on cement steps and shattered. I've read the Icon is matte white and I've read it's glossy.... Knowing me, if I would get the Icon, i'd probably do white reguardless... but it's something to keep in mind.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I usually always pick black but the white really looks nice. I'll have to wait and see also.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I originally had a white 928. It was glossy... I loved the phone but it was slicker then the matte black. I actually pulled it out of my pocket when it was cold with my dry hands and it slipped out like a bar of soap and landed just pefectly on cement steps and shattered. I've read the Icon is matte white and I've read it's glossy.... Knowing me, if I would get the Icon, i'd probably do white reguardless... but it's something to keep in mind.

It's confirmed that both white and black are matte on the Icon.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
White. I WANT that silver band. It makes the phone look sharp. Then I'll get a very thin decal or skin to go over the white backing if I don't like it in person.

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have to say this is the first phone that I'm not sure on. I love phones in black. To me just looks good. But seeing pictures of it in white has me in a dilemma. Really just going to have to see it in person in both colors.

Still might not help.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Black. It's going in a case anyway since I can be a klutz. Hoping the Otterbox case is available soon as well

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It's too hard for me to decide. While I love the trim of metal on the white version, I feel like a black top, metal side, and white bottom feels a bit mismatch. The black one feels more cohesive, but also a bit bland with a black metal trim instead of grey. I think this will be a game-time decision for me when I go to the store to check them out in person.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's too hard for me to decide. While I love the trim of metal on the white version, I feel like a black top, metal side, and white bottom feels a bit mismatch. The black one feels more cohesive, but also a bit bland with a black metal trim instead of grey. I think this will be a game-time decision for me when I go to the store to check them out in person.

My thoughts exactly.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered white at the Microsoft store.

Messed around with a 1520. So smooth and fast....but too big for my tastes.

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just pre-ordered White at the Beachwood Microsoft store. It will be my first white phone. I've had really good luck with Skinomi skins. A black skin on the back of a white phone will be sharp!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99