Icon on ATT?

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
so assuming glance will come later (We hope)

1. Will Big red sell this unlocked or unlock it if full price paid and no contract?
  2. Will it work on ATT with full functionality (LTE and Internet sharing)?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

1. Will Big red sell this unlocked or unlock it if full price paid and no contract?

I don't know why you would even want to try it. Here are the specs: Nokia Lumia Icon - Specifications - Nokia - USA
You would not get LTE on anything other than Verizon. Internet sharing? I doubt it; internet sharing will probably be locked to Verizon
You should be able to get 3G through AT&T as long as the GSM comes unlocked.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why you would even want to try it. Here are the specs: Nokia Lumia Icon - Specifications - Nokia - USA
You would not get LTE on anything other than Verizon. Internet sharing? I doubt it; internet sharing will probably be locked to Verizon
You should be able to get 3G through AT&T as long as the GSM comes unlocked.

Reason is I have an att account now with sharing and 2 other phones.
Would get a 1520 but no Qi so wanted to stay with att and get a bigger phone with Qi and this may be it.

No news on any att lumias with bigger screens and qi in future.

Unless the Unicorn RM 938 show up

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Reason is I have an att account now with sharing and 2 other phones.
Would get a 1520 but no Qi so wanted to stay with att and get a bigger phone with Qi and this may be it.

No news on any att lumias with bigger screens and qi in future.

Unless the Unicorn RM 938 show up

Understood. It's my understanding that AT&T invested a lot of money in PMA wireless charging, so I doubt we'll see any more QI charging from AT&T phones in the near future.

Nokiafan0413

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I am currently using the Nokia Lumia Icon on ATT and its terrible. The internet is slow, playing games is a hassle, also it took me going to three different places to even get the internet to work. I've had it for two days and I'm already selling it. I'm just going back to my 1020. I have heard of a Nokia Lumia 1525 that is going to be way better than the 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte