Open Enrollment to verizon edge program

Keith Petrovich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I was looking at plans and found out that right now if you're on a verizon contract, you can drop it and do the verizon edge program this month for free. This means you can get the ICON and pay it off in 24 months with no financing. You also get out of those 2 year contracts and can get a new phone in 12 months!

Check it out, call your verizon reps or stores and check to see what you can do. If you do the edge program too, it takes 20$ a month off of your monthly bill too!

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that info! Unfortunately for me, I can't do that because I'm still grandfathered on unlimited data, and a new contract would make me lose that privilege. For anyone else that has a regular tiered data plan, it sounds like a sweet deal though!!!

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It only takes $20 off if you have a 10GB or higher plan, but it is $20 per line enrolled in edge. We don't use that much data right now, but it makes it look more attractive.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking at this and it looks like I'm eligible, since my last upgrade was last May (to the 928). Do I need to get a new phone right now in order to switch to Edge? If I switch to Edge, am I going to have to trade in a phone in order to upgrade? If I don't buy a new phone, I get the discount, right? Discount only on smart phones, right (I have 1 dumb and 2 smart phones on my plan)?

I'm rolling this around in my mind deciding whether I want to switch or not. I'm currently on a family plan with 4GB data shared between the two smartphones, plus the dumb phone for phone calls. I also get a 19% corporate discount.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
At first I thought it was a rip off. But with this new $20 or $10 discount deal makes it better. You really got me thinking about it since I found out about being able to do it even though I have an existing contract. If I can convince my family to pay for $20 more data among all of us. I could save $20 on my smartphone line if I go to edge. Then I could use that amount for edge. So basically I could end up paying $5 or $10 more for an opportunity to upgrade early as long as I pay at least half my phone. Doesn't seem too bad of deal. I mean it's clearly not the best deal. But I pay for coverage not deals.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It is a ripoff. You have to pay half the price of the phone before you can upgrade and then you have to trade it in. You never actually own a phone unless you stick with it for the entire 24 months. It's better to just buy the phone and then recover some of the cost by selling it and using that money to upgrade.

Posted via the WPC App

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I didn't see anything about it on that link. At least nothing about getting out of contract early to move to the edge plan. Also I don't know of this would work for me since I am on an old style family plan with my inlaws. Its nit a share everything plan but an individual data allowance type plan from before.

I am sure to do it I would have to change the plan for the entire account and not just my line. And the in laws are not big on change. Would be nice if Verizon allowed me to cancel my current line and start a new edge contract on my own :(

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"For a limited time, existing Verizon Wireless customers who have not upgraded their phone since 11/13/13 can trade in their phones and move to Verizon Edge and enjoy the benefits of a new 4G LTE Smartphone.

The offer will be available 2/13/14 - 3/31/14. Traded-in phone must be in good working condition.

Customers with accounts less than six months will need to go through an internal e-credit check. To be eligible for Verizon Edge, new customers must pass a credit check. Prepaid accounts aren?t currently eligible for Verizon Edge"

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
FYI...companies don't make offers like this on programs like this so they can make less money....:straight:

Buy the subsidized phone with the 2 year contract...it is always the cheapest way to go.

Unless you are going to convince yourself that you HAVE to have the latest and greatest phone every 12 months....:eck:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
FYI...companies don't make offers like this on programs like this so they can make less money....:straight:

Buy the subsidized phone with the 2 year contract...it is always the cheapest way to go.

Unless you are going to convince yourself that you HAVE to have the latest and greatest phone every 12 months....:eck:

Lol I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the latest and greatest phone every 12 months. But with the family plan I'm on, I can just pay roughly $10 to $15 more and do just that with my phone. So it makes it very very tempting in my eyes. Also my upgrade isn't until November. And I have the opportunity to go to Verizon Edge because of their deal they have going until March 31st.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs