Open Enrollment to verizon edge program

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Just so you know I was charged $63 for first installment which I am suppose to get back, online special only

I don't think it's the "first installment." It's the tax on the full value of the phone. That's what I was told when I purchased mine last Thursday morning.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's the "first installment." It's the tax on the full value of the phone. That's what I was told when I purchased mine last Thursday morning.

If that's the case, then that kind of sucks. At this point, I'm starting to think I'll just wait until Verizon's sale staff incompetence forces VZW to lower the subsidy cost to move units. Probably about a month or two before it drops to $99 followed by free for a limited time. With the 928, I waited a couple of months hoping for the well rumored red version to come out, and it started having sales where the phone was free for a couple weeks and popped back up to either $49 or $99. By the time I gave up on getting it in red, the Icon rumors started. This time...I ain't waiting for red. As soon as that phone hits the price point I'm willing to let go of my unlimited plan for, I'm pouncing.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's where I am. As soon as it hits the price point that my wife will allow :)winik:), I'll get it, with one condition. If there's a 41MP rumored for Verizon by then, I'll wait for it. At this point, I'm not convinced that Edge is the way I'll go - we'll have to see when the time comes. Having three phones on my plan, and having a wife who is gracious enough to accept the hand-me-down, I almost always have an upgrade available when a new WP comes out.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
If that's the case, then that kind of sucks. At this point, I'm starting to think I'll just wait until Verizon's sale staff incompetence forces VZW to lower the subsidy cost to move units. Probably about a month or two before it drops to $99 followed by free for a limited time. With the 928, I waited a couple of months hoping for the well rumored red version to come out, and it started having sales where the phone was free for a couple weeks and popped back up to either $49 or $99. By the time I gave up on getting it in red, the Icon rumors started. This time...I ain't waiting for red. As soon as that phone hits the price point I'm willing to let go of my unlimited plan for, I'm pouncing.

Good luck. :)

jpalmerino

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The prompt I keep getting when I login to Verizon's site states that I have to return my existing phone (even though it is a 2 yr contract phone). For those that have "Edged Up", does Verizon provide you with a return label when you receive your new Edge phone? Thanks.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but please read my comments & threads on the edge up program. If you have an existing phone that is worht anything. buy a feature phone from craigslist or ebay, activate it then "Edge up" there is no stipulation that states you have to turn in your "current" phone, only the phone "currently active" on the line you are switching to Edge.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The prompt I keep getting when I login to Verizon's site states that I have to return my existing phone (even though it is a 2 yr contract phone). For those that have "Edged Up", does Verizon provide you with a return label when you receive your new Edge phone? Thanks.

I would assume they do provide a label. I did mine in store and they just did the exchange there. The funny part is I offered my old charging cable for the 928 and the associate said they just wanted the phone. I also found out the military discount they offer is also valid for vets. I lost my old discount when they tried to verify my employment. Now I get 15% off service and they told me I do not ever need to re-verify.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone received their first bill on the Verizon Edge plan yet? That's where the real deal happens.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received their first bill on the Verizon Edge plan yet? That's where the real deal happens.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

I have been on the Edge program for about 6-7 months now and never had issues with cost. I dropped unlimited data at the time but got on the Verizon Max plan where I get 6GB data for the same cost as before and can upgrade earlier and am not on contract other than to pay the phone off.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been on the Edge program for about 6-7 months now and never had issues with cost. I dropped unlimited data at the time but got on the Verizon Max plan where I get 6GB data for the same cost as before and can upgrade earlier and am not on contract other than to pay the phone off.

What are you paying a month?

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
What are you paying a month?

99 service(includes taxes) plus 23 a month for phone. It will be lower now as I found out I get 15% discount on service for being a vet. I tried checking just now to see what new bill will be but it isn't available for about 5 more days. I will update with the new totals when I get it. My old plan was 450 anytime minutes and unlimited texts and data for 99/month. I now have 450 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB data for same cost for service. When I used to get 22% off at old job my total bill was around 77-78/month with taxes so I am thinking will be about 85-87/month with taxes plus 23 for phone. I also found out when I edged up to the Icon that the Edge program changed their policy so that you can edge up every 30 days now if you want. Same thing applies that you just have to pay at least half of old phone off. It wouldn't make much sense to do it that way financially unless you really hated your phone and were outside the 14 day window.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get a protection plan, but am thinking about that. I have another week to decide. Verizon generally gives you a 30 day window in regards to protection plans.

Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I bit the bullet today, got myself a white icon. I preferred the black 928, but the white icon is just so sharp i couldnt walk away from it. I activated an old Samsung Intensity just before leaving for the store. The rep called me out on activating an old phone and said he would have done the same thing. Hopefully i like the phone only time will tell.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I bit the bullet today, got myself a white icon. I preferred the black 928, but the white icon is just so sharp i couldnt walk away from it. I activated an old Samsung Intensity just before leaving for the store. The rep called me out on activating an old phone and said he would have done the same thing. Hopefully i like the phone only time will tell.

Now get a Surface 2 just so they match! :D

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking I might upgrade. I've got an extra 822, currently using a 928. There are three phones on my family plan. A 928, an 822, and a dumb phone (sorry - politically correct version: feature phone). We have 4GB shared plan between the two Lumias. Unlimited text and talk, of course, with the plan. And 20% off of the base plan. Altogether, we spend something just a hair under $200.

If I have this figured right, I can activate the spare 822 in place of the 928 (so I can keep and/or sell the 928 - my wife doesn't want a phone that big), then go in and trade in the 822 for an Icon. My wife wants to keep her 822, so I'm not sure if the per line discount applies to that phone or not. But if I get an Icon and a 10GB plan, my cost goes to this:
$80 for the 10 GB plan ($100 - 20% corporate discount)
$90 for the three phones ($40 + $40 + $30 - $20 line discount), or even $70, if the line discount applies to the existing 822, which I don't know.
$God knows how much for taxes
Becomes $170, or possibly even $150
Then add $23.06 per month for the Icon, which takes it up to either $193 or 173, depending on how it works. So I'm either spending about the same as what I'm spending now per month, or I'm saving about $20, and I'm getting the phone with no outlay, and no contract (though I'm sure I'd have to pay off the phone should I leave Verizon, which I'm not going to do for coverage purposes).

Do I have this figured right? As far as I can tell the only down side of this is that I have to hand the phone over to them when I go down the road and want to upgrade. But even then, can't I just buy a cheap android, put my SIM in it, walk into the store, and walk out with a new phone, then sell the Icon?

Does this sound like I've got it right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6