Icon List of Reviews

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The Verge Review
http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/2/18/5420890/nokia-lumia-icon-review

They really killed my interest right here with the battery talk

Flagship phones demand flagship specs, however, and filling out the Verizon store placard forced Nokia to stifle what could have been a really remarkable design. A thinner version of this phone (see: Lumia 925) would have felt like a machine: a beautiful, futuristic, dangerous weapon of a phone. But in order to fit a hefty 2,420mAh battery inside next to the 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 processor and 2GB of RAM, Nokia turned a svelte design into a thick, bulging brick. It's 5.86 ounces and 9.9 millimeters thick, and feels a lot like a stretched iPhone 4S ? not huge or unwieldy by any means, but far from impressive. There are no beautiful colors here, no feats of engineering. Next to a phone like the HTC One or the iPhone 5S, the Icon feels pedestrian.

The flip side, of course, is that the phone works remarkably well. It lasts a full day with normal use: watching movies on the bright display can hurt longevity (two hours and fifteen minutes of Flight over LTE ate 45 percent of the battery), but most days it lasted until bedtime.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting because laptop mag complimented the battery strongly.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Everyone has a different opinion on what "good" battery life is. For some, 6hrs is enough. Others want a battery that lasts a full month without charging. You can't pay attention to reviews when it comes to battery life because each person uses their phone differently. People just need to stop reading reviews, buy the phone, and make a decision for themselves. If they don't like it, it can always be returned.

Posted via the WPC App

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting because laptop mag complimented the battery strongly.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Everyone has a different opinion on what "good" battery life is. For some, 6hrs is enough. Others want a battery that lasts a full month without charging. You can't pay attention to reviews when it comes to battery life because each person uses their phone differently. People just need to stop reading reviews, buy the phone, and make a decision for themselves. If they don't like it, it can always be returned.

Posted via the WPC App

Yeah, but according to their Laptop Battery test, the Icon performed really well with their web surfing test. It beat out both the S4 and the HTC One.

laptopbatterytest.png

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you both. I rarely utilize the flash, 'cause the 2.0 aperture on the 928 really gives you some flexibility in low light. Really hoping the Icon's sensor size and sampling hold up as well. I'll likely wait a bit on picking one up to see what some people can do with low light photos.
I'll be hopefully picking up the phone on Thursday (if any stores have it in stock), so I'll report back to you guys with some sample shots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire