02-21-2014 04:46 PM
58 123
tools
    Did you go to the Millenia mall store? I plan to be there in the AM to pick one up. Did they let on if there has been a lot of demand for the phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    02-19-2014 06:49 PM
    Maybe after 8.1 things might be different, but I feel like I am making the move despite having to make compromises. No one buying a flagship should ever feel like they are not getting the best.
    Damn... this summed up my feeling today after demoing it and left without a pre-order. Hope it works out well for you. It's absolutely true.
    02-19-2014 06:55 PM
    I think he's talking about chargebacks.
    Charge backs are only on new lines though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-19-2014 10:24 PM
    I visited the Minneapolis Minnesota USA downtown Skyway Verizon store today and they have Motorola phones on the display with the "Microsoft Windows" sign and the Windows Phones are on the display signed "Google" along with other google phones. I asked to see the Icon and at first the Sales Rep just said they would be out for sale tomorrow. When asked if they had a display one I could look at, he went behind the sales desk and said they had a nonfunctional display. He pulled out an empty shell version of the phone from behind the desk. The mock phone had a fake screen. The Rep was friendly and helpful and didn't say anything negative. He commented that it's a great looking phone. I'm hoping the real phone doesn't look so plastic, cheap, and has some a substantial feel too it. The mock phone didn't weigh hardly anything. I'll go back tomorrow.
    02-19-2014 11:20 PM
    I love how (mostly current or former employees) can brush off not knowing a single thing about a product you sell. I'm sorry, for I second I expected you to know how to do your job. Was that really too much to expect?
    02-20-2014 12:07 AM
    These replies from these reps really underscore a huge laziness and ignorance problem in the staff of these stores. Pretty sad.
    02-20-2014 12:22 AM
    I went to a Verizon store in Charlotte at ParkTowne Village (across from Park Road Shopping Center), and they had a dummy phone, and that was it. The sales rep didn't know about the phone when I asked about the "Nokia Icon," and I had to say "Nokia Lumia Icon" before she even remembered it. They had not set up a demo phone for the sales floor and she wanted me to demo the Lumia 928 because "it's basically the same." It's funny because the countless articles I've read about this device have all talked about how Verizon spec'd this phone from Nokia; ow Microsoft, Verizon and Nokia wanted a flagship WP8 phone for the Verizon network; how important this phone is to Verizon, Microsoft and Nokia .... and this is the way it's handled at street level by the personnel who interact with the individuals who have money to spend known as "customers" ??? Maybe it's not as much of a priority as the corporate PR departments are making it out to be to the media. Either than or Verizon management is great at building a network but they suck at customer service. Nah, that couldn't be it.
    k0de likes this.
    02-20-2014 06:55 PM
    I went to a Verizon store in Charlotte at ParkTowne Village (across from Park Road Shopping Center), and they had a dummy phone, and that was it. The sales rep didn't know about the phone when I asked about the "Nokia Icon," and I had to say "Nokia Lumia Icon" before she even remembered it. They had not set up a demo phone for the sales floor and she wanted me to demo the Lumia 928 because "it's basically the same." It's funny because the countless articles I've read about this device have all talked about how Verizon spec'd this phone from Nokia; ow Microsoft, Verizon and Nokia wanted a flagship WP8 phone for the Verizon network; how important this phone is to Verizon, Microsoft and Nokia .... and this is the way it's handled at street level by the personnel who interact with the individuals who have money to spend known as "customers" ??? Maybe it's not as much of a priority as the corporate PR departments are making it out to be to the media. Either than or Verizon management is great at building a network but they suck at customer service. Nah, that couldn't be it.
    From the report on this thread and other threads. I am convinced there is no doubt on my mind that WP is up against organized crime.

Just wondering how MSFT will contest that?
    02-21-2014 04:46 PM
58 123