Question on Buying the Icon now or waiting til 8.1

Zelman32

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So I'm 95% sure I want to make the jump to a Windows Phone from Android; being that I'm on Verizon the Icon is what I've been waiting for. I do have one question when it comes to the software, I see that in 8.1 they will move the volume controls so they are independent. While at work I listen to music and other things while using ear buds, so does the ringer come in through the ear buds too and not through the phones speaker?

Just wondering how this is handled and is right now why I might wait til the software update before buying it.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this was covered before.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No reason I could think of to wait for 8.1. You'll have the ICON. You'll need to give yourself time to adjust from that system into this one and no better way than to begin with Windows Phone 8. IMHO.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
So I'm 95% sure I want to make the jump to a Windows Phone from Android; being that I'm on Verizon the Icon is what I've been waiting for. I do have one question when it comes to the software, I see that in 8.1 they will move the volume controls so they are independent. While at work I listen to music and other things while using ear buds, so does the ringer come in through the ear buds too and not through the phones speaker?

Just wondering how this is handled and is right now why I might wait til the software update before buying it.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this was covered before.

Yes, the music stops, the ringer comes thru the ear buds and the screen comes on showing you who's calling you. If it's someone in your contacts you will see their picture.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Zelman32

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the music stops, the ringer comes thru the ear buds and the screen comes on showing you who's calling you. If it's someone in your contacts you will see their picture.

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't 100% sure if it had that functionality. I was a little shocked it couldn't change the volumes independently so I just wanted to make sure. I'm looking forward to making the switch from my LG G2 and android to this phone and windows.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't 100% sure if it had that functionality. I was a little shocked it couldn't change the volumes independently so I just wanted to make sure. I'm looking forward to making the switch from my LG G2 and android to this phone and windows.

Good for you. You'll like Windows Phone, just give it a chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos