11-17-2016 08:57 PM
458 12345 ...
tools
    I'm tying this on my 928 and the keys are dark gray / charcoal.
    02-22-2014 07:46 AM
    How do you get fb chat to work in text messaging? I have it on but it doesn't work
    Nevermind I had my status set to offline...im leaving it up in case anyone else have this problem
    02-22-2014 07:56 AM
    When I swipe to my app list, the text of the apps gets all jagged while the start screen and apps are both displayed on the screen. Once the app list is the only thing on the screen, the text looks fine. I took screenshots during the transition but the text is perfect so I suspect this is a physical refresh issue.
    So I can assume this is just my device I guess... I'll bring it into the Verizon store.
    02-22-2014 07:57 AM
    I'm also noticing an intermittent issue. When the phone goes to sleep for some time and I wake it up the internet connection seems stuck. It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search. I've had to restart it probably 3 times now in 2 days.
    Batt1eRatt1e likes this.
    02-22-2014 09:05 AM
    So I can assume this is just my device I guess... I'll bring it into the Verizon store.
    Not seeing this issue here on either of our Icons.
    One minor problem/annoyance I am experiencing is that when I hold down the camera button and the black screen comes up for a second, the bottom of the screen has a line of white pixels. Very very minor but it sticks out. In this instance it isn't really annoying, but when running plex and a video is queing and the screen is black, then it will be there for a little while. Found that this goes away if my theme is set to dark, but I prefer the light theme for this week :)
    Here is an image of it, you can barely see as it is only one row of pixels.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=photo%2c.png
    02-22-2014 09:32 AM
    Has anybody else had problems with the phone rebooting at random times? Mine has been working fine but then out of nowhere will just freeze up and reboot.
    scottstebleton likes this.
    02-22-2014 10:03 AM
    I've had my Icon for less than 24 hours and this is what I first noticed:

1. When I turned the phone off and plugged it in for charging, it powered back up; even after turning it off again - while plugged in - it again powered back on ... strange.

2. When lowering the volume, it will go to zero, 'vibrate only', but not past that point - from my Androd experience the past 4 years (this is my first Windows phone), I'm accustomed to being able to rock the volume down to the point of nothing: no volume OR vibration. (yes, I realize Airplane mode does that, but what about going into a movie theatre and not wanting the phone to vibrate but still receive messages?)
    02-22-2014 03:07 PM
    @King112585: " ...It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search." I had a similar issue but when I unplugged my cable modem and then powered it back up, my phone was happy.
    02-22-2014 03:13 PM
    My screen has an issues. The upper left hand corner has a different color temperature compared to the rest of the screen. The gradient effect on the screen is most visible when looking at a dark grey or white background. Since this is definitely hardware I will more than likely be getting the device swapped.
    I had this issue with the bottom third of my screen. There was a pinkish hue to it. I exchanged it, and the new one is perfect! Warning though: the Verizon rep gave me some trouble. At first he wouldn't acknowledge that it existed, then he said it was probably normal, and then he said it was due to "the HD screen and 20 megapixels"... I finally got his manager involved and they did the exchange.

I hope you have an easier time than me!
    02-22-2014 03:22 PM
    Just got my icon and I'm noticing a few things. 1. The face buttons are a yellowish off-white. 2. For some reason I don't see the alphabetical jump list when swiping to my apps list. 3.) The whites on the screen especially in the keyboard may have an ever so slight yellowish tint.
    I would try adjusting the color profile under the "Display" setting. Try making the temperature cooler.
    02-22-2014 03:30 PM
    @King112585: " ...It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search." I had a similar issue but when I unplugged my cable modem and then powered it back up, my phone was happy.
    If this happens, try disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting. I've seen this once and this did the trick.

I've not seen any color issues, but did notice a Nokia calibration tool if needed.

Only thing I've seen and need to watch closer is battery life. Seems to be going down on the quick side. But then I have brightness on high and I've been non-stop tinkering and downloading Apps.
    02-22-2014 03:42 PM
    If this happens, try disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting. I've seen this once and this did the trick.

I've not seen any color issues, but did notice a Nokia calibration tool if needed.

Only thing I've seen and need to watch closer is battery life. Seems to be going down on the quick side. But then I have brightness on high and I've been non-stop tinkering and downloading Apps.
    I've tried toggling the Wi-Fi to no avail. Only thing I've found that works is a reboot.
    02-22-2014 04:04 PM
    No, they aren't...

A problem with a device here or there is expected. It seems to be a pretty healthy device so far.
    Yes, they are...

I'll still probably get one anyway since they're $50 off now.
    02-22-2014 04:41 PM

1. When I turned the phone off and plugged it in for charging, it powered back up; even after turning it off again - while plugged in - it again powered back on ... strange.

2. When lowering the volume, it will go to zero, 'vibrate only', but not past that point - from my Androd experience the past 4 years (this is my first Windows phone), I'm accustomed to being able to rock the volume down to the point of nothing: no volume OR vibration. (yes, I realize Airplane mode does that, but what about going into a movie theatre and not wanting the phone to vibrate but still receive messages?)
    yep that's nothing wrong with the phone, that's just Windows Phone. Nothing you can do about that. HTC devices allow charging while off but not Nokia or Samsung
    drpaulk likes this.
    02-22-2014 05:02 PM
    My Icon is not finding the built-in car Bluetooth. It keeps saying "searching". I drive a 2011 corolla. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, my phone doesn't charge when I plug it into the USB port in my car.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these issues?
    02-22-2014 05:18 PM
    Just got my Icon exchanged at the Verizon store... The screen color gradient issues are not on the new device so I am assuming that my previous one just had some issues with the screen. Now I am loving my phone...
    TheJoester09 and aximtreo like this.
    02-22-2014 05:57 PM
    My Icon is not finding the built-in car Bluetooth. It keeps saying "searching". I drive a 2011 corolla. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, my phone doesn't charge when I plug it into the USB port in my car.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these issues?
    Took me a bit to get Bluetooth in my Honda Accord set. I wound up going through the Handsfree Link voice instructions built into car. I couldn't get phone to just see it.

The car USB port charging issue I had with my 8X. It's not an Icon issue. For whatever reason (maybe voltage) it never showed as charging, but it was getting at least a trickle because over time it would charge. The better answer is to get a micro USB car charger to plug into lighter. That will give you enough juice to see it charging.
    fonefan likes this.
    02-22-2014 06:36 PM
    Edited, concern addressed.
    02-22-2014 06:41 PM
    I am having problem with two or three apps that can't seem to find the data connection when no other app is having problems. The AMC Theatres app is the one that sticks out but I know I have one or two more with the same.

Overall, I've used a 900, 920, 521 and now the icon and I have to say as much as I love my 920, the icon smokes it.

Edited to add: Angry Birds Roost is another that doesn't see the data connection.
    Last edited by videoouija; 02-22-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    02-22-2014 06:46 PM

As someone else mentioned HTC put out something for the charging issue, otherwise it's a "feature not a bug". ;)

For the vibrate thing, you would have to go into ringtones and turn off vibrate. It's really stupid, I had the OG Droid and during one of the last official updates they got rid of it. Yet every dumbphone you will still see still does it. So aggravating to not have, and so logical to have: silent > vibrate > low / med / high. Arghhhh....
    02-22-2014 06:58 PM
    Just like the 928, I can't make "Cobalt" be anything other than purple. Happened to the 928 once Nokia gave us the Color Profile (before this Cobalt was absolutely blue.)

Maxing out saturation and taking temp to 0% is close, but still purpleish. This means there's no dark blue accent color.
    See, Microsoft, this is why you need to give us more accent color control!
    02-22-2014 08:24 PM
    Just like the 928, I can't make "Cobalt" be anything other than purple. Happened to the 928 once Nokia gave us the Color Profile (before this Cobalt was absolutely blue.)

Maxing out saturation and taking temp to 0% is close, but still purpleish. This means there's no dark blue accent color.
    See, Microsoft, this is why you need to give us more accent color control!
    My cobalt is really really blue, not really much purple.
    02-22-2014 09:17 PM
    Update on my issue with random reboots. Realized it was only happening when I connected to WiFi. Guess it wasn't able to handle the extra load. Exchanged my device for a new Icon and the issue hasn't happened on this one.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2014 10:31 PM
    So, I also have an issue with the color temperature being uneven across my display. The top half has a slight yellowish hue, and the bottom has a more pink hue. As others have stated this is more noticeable on white or gray backgrounds. I've tested multiple solid colors and only see it on lighter colors and all shades of gray.

Honestly though, I'm probably going to live with it. I went through this style of nitpicking with my HTX 8X, and every device I received had some flaw that I wasn't happy with. First one had separation between screen and frame, second had a screen that rippled under minor pressure and had a dead pixel. Considering there are no other hardware flaws with my device (no creaking/uneven backing/etc), I'm inclined to let this go.
    02-23-2014 07:04 AM
    So, I also have an issue with the color temperature being uneven across my display. The top half has a slight yellowish hue, and the bottom has a more pink hue. As others have stated this is more noticeable on white or gray backgrounds. I've tested multiple solid colors and only see it on lighter colors and all shades of gray.

Honestly though, I'm probably going to live with it. I went through this style of nitpicking with my HTX 8X, and every device I received had some flaw that I wasn't happy with. First one had separation between screen and frame, second had a screen that rippled under minor pressure and had a dead pixel. Considering there are no other hardware flaws with my device (no creaking/uneven backing/etc), I'm inclined to let this go.
    I had a similar issue on my screen. I exchanged it two days later and this phone screen is problem free. It was a pain reinstalling everything and re-organizing my start screen, but it's all good. I'm happy now.
    02-23-2014 07:51 AM
458 12345 ...