Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Ive only had mine a day, but the yellowish tint keys are present. I think all are probably like this for the most part seems so anyway from what is being said here.. Not a big deal to me.
If this is my only bug I'll be pretty pleased.

Mine are most certainly off-white. Like you, not a big deal.

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues with my email being pushed. Have one outlook account synced and it can be minutes or hours for it to show new messages. Sometimes I just have to go in and sync manually. Is this a phone issue that should cause me to return it? Or a software issue that could be addressed? Or something else?

do you have battery saver off?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is an actual bug, but it is weird. When I try to post on a forum, doesn't matter which one my keyboard wont stay up. It pops up then pops back down. Is there a setting or something? Only does it on forum type sites as far as I've noticed so far.
EDIT: The plot thickens. I changed IE to desktop mode and the KB pop up/down quit, but now it zooms back to the top of the page and my text entry box is at the bottom. Makes it impossible to post from the phone as it just keeps repeating the process.
EDIT#2 This is really strange. The phone has been behaving this way all day and now that I'm home it suddenly stopped. Sheesh, hope that's the end of it.

OK, This is seriously F'd up. It quit for awhile now its back. Is this KB pop up/pop down thing happening to anyone else? Tried a soft reset to try and clear out and refresh stuff and it made no diff. Worked for a bit in desktop mode then messed up again. If I can't figure this out i'll have to return this phone. I'm on and off forum sites all day long. If I can't post from this phone then its no good for me.
I can't believe I'm the only one. Probably just the only one who hasn't figured it out. Need some feedback.

Last edited:

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get messaging to connect to Facebook Chat. I can turn on that feature but when I try to set my status to any connected mode it attempts to do so and then says it cannot connect. I've tried the battery saver workaround for the issue with no success. Have power cycled the phone to no avail. Doesn't work on wifi or cellular.

Anyone else having problems with this currently? If so is it limited to the Icon or is it perhaps a more system wide issue. It used to work fine on my Lumia 822.

jphillips1963

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Man I'm so glad I didn't go out and buy this phone after reading all the same issues over and over. I thought Nokia built premium devices? Of all the years of having smart phones the worse ever was a Samsung and that was big time radio issues. But never have I had the issues you guys have. This one phone has more issues and problems than all phones I've ever owned combined. Thanks for saving me a big headache for posting your bugs and issues.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Man I'm so glad I didn't go out and buy this phone after reading all the same issues over and over. I thought Nokia built premium devices? Of all the years of having smart phones the worse ever was a Samsung and that was big time radio issues. But never have I had the issues you guys have. This one phone has more issues and problems than all phones I've ever owned combined. Thanks for saving me a big headache for posting your bugs and issues.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

Bahahahaha get outa here troll! Just because of the few complaints here (most these complaints being about WP not Icon) doesn't make them all bad. My phone has been flawless as I'm sure 99% of the phones sold are!

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Bahahahaha get outa here troll! Just because of the few complaints here (most these complaints being about WP not Icon) doesn't make them all bad. My phone has been flawless as I'm sure 99% of the phones sold are!

No doubt! Same experience here. Have had no serious issues with mine, just a couple minor annoyances which aren't actually based on the device itself as far as I can tell. Love my Icon and so glad that I waited for it before upgrading phones!

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
No doubt! Same experience here. Have had no serious issues with mine, just a couple minor annoyances which aren't actually based on the device itself as far as I can tell. Love my Icon and so glad that I waited for it before upgrading phones!

make me 3 with no major issues. A glitch here or there but no show stopper. The fact this thread is so small five days from launch speaks volumes.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

I have to say that the quality of my phone has been excellent as well. My issues with my Icon have mostly been culture shock coming from Android, and I expected some of that. Most if my issues should apparently be fixed with WP 8.1, but I am starting to enjoy my Icon more each day and I am absolutely glad I pulled the trigger.

My biggest concern is battery life, but I am a heavy user in general and that is more of a design compromise than a defect. I read the reviews and knew the battery size before I bought, and having a QI charging stand on the desk in my office is helping.

Anyway, my personal experience has been that this is a well-built device.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
make me 3 with no major issues. A glitch here or there but no show stopper. The fact this thread is so small five days from launch speaks volumes.

Make me four. This device is the most premium feeling piece of hardware I've ever held. It's right there with my Surface 2 in that category, and man do they look good together!

I have to say that the quality of my phone has been excellent as well. My issues with my Icon have mostly been culture shock coming from Android, and I expected some of that. Most if my issues should apparently be fixed with WP 8.1, but I am starting to enjoy my Icon more each day and I am absolutely glad I pulled the trigger.

My biggest concern is battery life, but I am a heavy user in general and that is more of a design compromise than a defect. I read the reviews and knew the battery size before I bought, and having a QI charging stand on the desk in my office is helping.

Anyway, my personal experience has been that this is a well-built device.

I've only had the Icon for about a day and a half now, and I was having the same concerns. But I think it's a matter of calibrating the battery & getting the settings that work best for my lifestyle. I think the battery life can be pretty good. And I just hooked up my wireless charging stand as well, so i'll throw it on the charger when it gets to around 75%.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys and gals. I posted my quibble below in the general Windows 8 forum because I don't think it's an Icon "defect" but this is the forum I creep around the most and I actually think some of you are pretty smart and helpful so....

I had SMS backup running on my Lumia 928. Right before I turned on the Icon I did a manual sync. I then activated the Icon and and it eventually started backing up texts but stopped in May of 2013 for a day or so then backed up "pockets" of texts from that date through the day I bought the Icon. It's as if my Lumia never backed up all my messages, only the HTC 8X I had before it. Anyway, I didn't think it was that big a deal so deleted almost all of my texts from the Icon and started fresh.

Issue 1: All of the old texts I deleted keep showing up. Even if I keep deleting them.

Issue 2: Today, I'm having a conversation via text before I leave for work. While driving I notice I get a notification that I have another text. When I get to my desk I open my phone and see I have one new message on the tile. I open messaging and the message isn't there. I only have messages thru yesterday afternoon. The entire text conversation I had this morning is gone.

Any ideas on what to do? I haven't reset my 928 just yet but it is no longer activated so it doesn't use data nor is is connected to WiFi so that shouldn't be messing with the texts showing up on my Icon. I'm thinking of shutting off SMS backup for a few days on the Icon and seeing what happens but even that most likely won't help the weird situation of messages randomly populating from the past year.

I may call tech support but I'm not sure if that would go to Nokia, Microsoft or Verizon.

JjonesWI

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth issues fixed. It was the car's problem. Read online to wipe the devices from the car and phone, and to start pairing over using onl7y voice commands, no buttons. Worked.
Icon is great so far.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

No major issues here either. I love my Icon even more than I did my 8X.

I've also played with my settings (no more High brightness, all email set to look for updates as they arrive) and now I'm seeing battery life more like what I would expect. Yesterday I ended the day with over 50% battery and hadn't done any charging all day.

To take a few early comments from a small handful of posters, and hump to the conclusion Nokia and/or the Icon is junk is silly.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth issues fixed. It was the car's problem. Read online to wipe the devices from the car and phone, and to start pairing over using onl7y voice commands, no buttons. Worked.
Icon is great so far.

Please tell me more about this. I have choppy audio with my icon and clarion car audio.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
No major issues here either. I love my Icon even more than I did my 8X.

I've also played with my settings (no more High brightness, all email set to look for updates as they arrive) and now I'm seeing battery life more like what I would expect. Yesterday I ended the day with over 50% battery and hadn't done any charging all day.

To take a few early comments from a small handful of posters, and hump to the conclusion Nokia and/or the Icon is junk is silly.

and just to chime in and agree, this is the thread dedicated to people who are having bugs. If you come in this forum and expect anything other than us expressing our few issues and others offering solutions to those then you have come to the wrong forum.

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue with email pushing as well. Did you exchange? Did you find a solution?
No solution yet... and it just happened again. I took a picture of my laptop at 1:51PM EST and took a screenshot of my phone mail client saying "All Email is Up to Date" with an obvious 2+ hour discrepancy. The only reason I looked at the phone was because my FB chat messages sent to me @ 11:53AM EST just blasted to my phone.. all 10 of them. UHG.

Edit: This is an Exchange corporate account (and outlook.com but I really don't care about that). My L520 and L920 are syncing fine still to the same accounts over wifi and/or ATT. I'll try disabling wifi for a couple days but I was under the impression WP still turns off its wifi while locked / sleeping? I could be wrong...

Call quality sucks too, but I think that's just a Verizon issue at my house...

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So I got my white Nokia Icon today! One question. My power and volume buttons are tight and close to the frame of the phone. My Camera button is a little loose. And sticks out noticeably more. Is this normal? I'm guessing it could be normal since it is the camera button. The button still functions properly. Just curious if it is the same across all icons.

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So I got my white Nokia Icon today! One question. My power and volume buttons are tight and close to the frame of the phone. My Camera button is a little loose. And sticks out noticeably more. Is this normal? I'm guessing it could be normal since it is the camera button. The button still functions properly. Just curious if it is the same across all icons.
Same here! I'm guessing by design but who knows.

MF-Karma

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Buttons are the same on mine. My Icon has been problem free so far... I got a Iphone 5s for my wife at the same time as the Icon, and it locked up on the first day downloading Pandora of all apps. My previous Droid X, which I admit was getting a little old, was slow, locked up constantly requiring reboot or battery pull every couple days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar