11-17-2016 08:57 PM
458 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I used to have the Note 2, a great phone. I am not bashing any one, system, phone. Never had any issues.
    I bought the icon because I wanted Quality. Again not bashing anyone or phone.
    I got my phone yesterday, the size is perfect for me that's the main reason I switched. As for issues I have had none of what they have listed in theses forums. I feel lucky. Sound is excellent, quality build, colors are fine. Again no issues.
    Even able to put custom sounds on the phone using my PC.
    I wanted to simplify mylife, I also wanted to try windows over IOS.
    Both are solid systems. Iphone is just way to small.
    I own a PC and a Mac. So integration is fine on both with my phone.
    If you want a good quality phone, but the icon. Exchange if you have issues. I really like this phone and am very happy with it.
    Thanks
    02-26-2014 06:28 AM
    Please tell me more about this. I have choppy audio with my icon and clarion car audio.
    No issues with my Icon with Ford Sync and Alpine Bluetooth audio.
    02-26-2014 12:09 PM
    I'll try disabling wifi for a couple days but I was under the impression WP still turns off its wifi while locked / sleeping? I could be wrong...
    24 hours with wifi disabled, no sync issues.... interesting. Has anyone else with ActiveSync issues tried shutting off wifi to see if it helps?
    02-26-2014 12:49 PM
    Check out the cellular settings... The limited WiFi option is interesting. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=photo,.png
    02-26-2014 04:37 PM
    24 hours with wifi disabled, no sync issues.... interesting. Has anyone else with ActiveSync issues tried shutting off wifi to see if it helps?
    Nope, but I'm going to try that to see if it clears up my Exchange delayed sync issue.
    02-26-2014 04:47 PM
    Check out the cellular settings... The limited WiFi option is interesting. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=photo,.png
    Is this what you are suggested to change?
    02-26-2014 04:48 PM
    Spent 25 mins with phone today after 25 yesterday my biggest gripe is this phone isn't an iPhone. And I mean that legit . I've had the I forever that it's gonna take me a long time to adjust IF I do buy it .

I'm afraid of going backwards.

Now I heard that this phone doesn't do mobile sites? like you click a link for a newspaper and I get the full paper?
    02-26-2014 05:25 PM
    I have one problem also asked by somebody in this thread but not answered. On some apps when the background is black there is a white line that appears on the edge of the screen just above the Windows Phone buttons. It only does it on some apps. Like the photo app. they're like a line of white pixels. They don't appear on the start screen when the background is set to dark. Here's a screenshot of the line. It's on the right side of the pic and sometimes appears on the whole edge, not just those particular places. I think it's the apps. It doesn't render the whole screen and leaves a little obstruction at the edge.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=photo%2c.png
    02-26-2014 05:33 PM
    Is this what you are suggested to change?
    well my first test was turning off WiFi for 24 hours and that "fixed" my sync issues. While sipping on gin this evening I discovered the setting in the screenshot so I changed it to use cellular data and turned my WiFi back on. We'll see if it fixes the issue while letting me use WiFi.
    02-26-2014 06:30 PM
    Spent 25 mins with phone today after 25 yesterday my biggest gripe is this phone isn't an iPhone. And I mean that legit . I've had the I forever that it's gonna take me a long time to adjust IF I do buy it .

Now I heard that this phone doesn't do mobile sites? like you click a link for a newspaper and I get the full paper?
    It does mobile sites. You have the option to load mobile or desktop sites. Some sites may not detect it as a mobile device if they're stuck in the stone age.
    02-26-2014 07:45 PM
    Had my Icon since 10:30 this morning. Attempted to connect to my 5GHz Wi-Fi at home with no luck ("Invalid Password"). Connected to 2.4GHz band just fine with the very same passkey.

Went to work. We have 802.11x authentication. Can't connect at all: "Connection unseccessful. Your phone couldn't reach the network." A hard reset and two soft resets later, still no dice on anything but that one home Wi-Fi SSID.

Frustrating.

UPDATE: Received my new replacement this morning. Same issue with same networks. I know Verizon will be useless, as they'll just blame the networks, not the phone. As it stands, I can only successfully connect to my own 2.4GHz band at home. No other networks (public or private) will connect at all.

Reached out to Nokia USA via Twitter and they said they'd share my issue with the team...

Looking forward to a completely usable phone. The device is overall quite nice.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I really don't want to have to deal with a replacement phone less than 24 hours after receiving the device. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to visit a Verizon store and fiddle with it. They'd better not attempt to ship me a CFA/Refurb.
    Just to let you know that I have had no issues connecting to either my 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz WiFi connections. It's more likely a hardware issue.
    Before going into the hardware dilemma, you have failed to provide what authentication the network is using. If it is WEP, WP does not support it. I found this out the hard way when I had my 928.

P.S. I have had absolutely zero issues with my Icon. I think the few that have had legit issues, looking like mainly display related, are few and far between. Overall very solid device so far.
    02-26-2014 08:56 PM
    well my first test was turning off WiFi for 24 hours and that "fixed" my sync issues. While sipping on gin this evening I discovered the setting in the screenshot so I changed it to use cellular data and turned my WiFi back on. We'll see if it fixes the issue while letting me use WiFi.

currently following that setting with no change. I think the phone hates my router. I exchanged my phone already because of this issue even though when they tested it at verizon i didnt have any issues with their mifi.
    Last edited by akak84; 02-27-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    02-26-2014 09:03 PM
    On my third phone because of the pink hue in the lower or upper half of the screen mainly on white backgrounds, its gotta be a common issue if the last three phones I got all have the issue, does anyone know if this is normal and should go away with use?

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2014 12:08 AM
    Anyone notice white texts turning pink/purple as you scroll up or down, especially on dark background (happens with light background also) or is it just my phone?
    02-27-2014 12:49 AM
    Voive mail hick up.
    While calling voice mail, the screen went dark.
    Couldn't see the phone keys to put in my password code.
    Will try tp wipe it today and see if a fresh install takes care of it.
    That's the only glitch I have come across.

Tried it, still didn't work.
    Will have to eft replacement. Need access to voicemail.
    Last edited by jugghead62; 02-27-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    02-27-2014 06:00 AM
    I just encounter a bug I believe. It started yesterday and I got my phone on Monday. The volume key does not turn up/down if the media is already in progress. I was able to duplicate it over and over. I dont think this is faulty hardware I think this might be firmware issue.

Example If my volume is at 5/30 and I play a media Music/Video and during the media I choose to turn up the volume it will go up 30/30 but the volume is still low.
    02-27-2014 08:06 AM
    It does mobile sites. You have the option to load mobile or desktop sites. Some sites may not detect it as a mobile device if they're stuck in the stone age.
    Often site will have a link somewhere to the mobile version. It may be called "WAP2" or something similar.
    02-27-2014 08:33 AM

I find it funny you have only spent 50 minutes and your comparing it to the iphone. I went from an iphone to the Nokia Lumia 928. after a year with this phone I dont think I would go back. I have all the apps I could want and the live tiles are very nice.
    02-27-2014 08:34 AM
    So because I'm an android user and came here in hopes switching from android to windows I'm now a troll and I don't belong here? I'm sorry but this very thread is why I'm here is to see if the bugs and issues are worth my time to switch and based on everything I'm reading thus far its not. I wanted this phone in a big way but its just not the bugs that's stopping me its the lack of tile functions that seem to take you to settings instead of going straight to the source. The lack of multi tasking and a few other things. Yes I've heard this will be resolved in windows 8.1 but I've been down that road before and honestly what I got was a bunch of broken promises. The issues spoken for me outweigh the reason jump ship right now.
    I survived the iPhone-4-antenna-in-the-band-and-you-have-to-hold-it-just-right-or-it-will-lose-signal fiasco. These minor issues with the Icon are nothing!!
    02-27-2014 08:37 AM
    yup and sync is perfect with it off. i'm going to try a new router today to see if my crappy sbg6580 is the reason.
    02-27-2014 10:15 AM
    Anyone notice white texts turning pink/purple as you scroll up or down, especially on dark background (happens with light background also) or is it just my phone?
    Yeah I have noticed this. My guess this is the ghosting effect a few others were talking about. I only noticed it on dark back grounds. Haven't noticed it in any videos or games
    02-27-2014 11:52 AM
    I don't think it's normal. I had this on my first one and got it swapped out, and it's not like that on my second one. Others have reported the same. If it really bothers you, and if the store will let you, I would keep swapping until you get a good one.
    02-27-2014 12:16 PM
    I just encounter a bug I believe. It started yesterday and I got my phone on Monday. The volume key does not turn up/down if the media is already in progress. I was able to duplicate it over and over. I dont think this is faulty hardware I think this might be firmware issue.

Example If my volume is at 5/30 and I play a media Music/Video and during the media I choose to turn up the volume it will go up 30/30 but the volume is still low.
    The description of the problem sounds like it's a software thing, but I don't have this problem. Does this happen with ALL media, or just with one particular app?
    02-27-2014 12:17 PM
    I don't think it's normal. I had this on my first one and got it swapped out, and it's not like that on my second one. Others have reported the same. If it really bothers you, and if the store will let you, I would keep swapping until you get a good one.
    I agree, it doesn't appear to be normal. Just tested mine and it does not do that..
    02-27-2014 01:03 PM
    I use Battery Performance as well, it shows battery capacity of 2420 mAh on my Icon.
    Mines does as well.
    02-27-2014 03:25 PM
458 ... 45678 ...