Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing with the Battery app (From Enless Soft) that after some regular phone use, the "time remaining until power off" will go from a day to as little as 2,3, or 4 hours. A reboot of the phone fixes the trick, but it's scary to see. I don't trust any of these battery apps anymore. The only reason I like the Enless Soft battery app is that it has shortcuts to mt Wi-Fi, location, data, and airplane mode.

Typically if I just open the app it refreshes the live tile.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I've had with my Icon so far is Bing voice would pop up after unlocking my phone. I'm not sure if it's because I was out in the cold or not, but after getting inside, I shut down my phone and haven't seen the issue once it restarted.

macroweb

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I contacted the developer and he said that it was a database error, the next update will correct it. You probably can uninstall/re-install to get the fix sooner.

reprod3

May 18, 2013
Visit site
My screen has an issues. The upper left hand corner has a different color temperature compared to the rest of the screen. The gradient effect on the screen is most visible when looking at a dark grey or white background. Since this is definitely hardware I will more than likely be getting the device swapped.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been having Bluetooth radio problems. The audio and speech quality is choppy and broken. I have had a poor experience when streaming to my Yamaha receiver, using my hands free built into my Toyota and on my Bluebuds-X earphones. I had no issues before that when using the same devices with my L928. I hope its only a firmware fix that's needed. Anyone else having similar issues?

I would imagine so, but you have done a soft reset, yes?

MosesByxbe

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Had my Icon since 10:30 this morning. Attempted to connect to my 5GHz Wi-Fi at home with no luck ("Invalid Password"). Connected to 2.4GHz band just fine with the very same passkey.

Went to work. We have 802.11x authentication. Can't connect at all: "Connection unseccessful. Your phone couldn't reach the network." A hard reset and two soft resets later, still no dice on anything but that one home Wi-Fi SSID.

Frustrating.

UPDATE: Received my new replacement this morning. Same issue with same networks. I know Verizon will be useless, as they'll just blame the networks, not the phone. As it stands, I can only successfully connect to my own 2.4GHz band at home. No other networks (public or private) will connect at all.

Reached out to Nokia USA via Twitter and they said they'd share my issue with the team...

Looking forward to a completely usable phone. The device is overall quite nice.

Last edited:

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I swipe to my app list, the text of the apps gets all jagged while the start screen and apps are both displayed on the screen. Once the app list is the only thing on the screen, the text looks fine. I took screenshots during the transition but the text is perfect so I suspect this is a physical refresh issue.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Had my Icon since 10:30 this morning. Attempted to connect to my 5GHz Wi-Fi at home with no luck ("Invalid Password"). Connected to 2.4GHz band just fine with the very same passkey.

Went to work. We have 802.11x authentication. Can't connect at all: "Connection unseccessful. Your phone couldn't reach the network." A hard reset and two soft resets later, still no dice on anything but that one home Wi-Fi SSID.

Frustrating.

Just to let you know that I have had no issues connecting to either my 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz WiFi connections. It's more likely a hardware issue.

MosesByxbe

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Just to let you know that I have had no issues connecting to either my 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz WiFi connections. It's more likely a hardware issue.

That's what I'm afraid of. I really don't want to have to deal with a replacement phone less than 24 hours after receiving the device. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to visit a Verizon store and fiddle with it. They'd better not attempt to ship me a CFA/Refurb.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got my icon and I'm noticing a few things. 1. The face buttons are a yellowish off-white. 2. For some reason I don't see the alphabetical jump list when swiping to my apps list. 3.) The whites on the screen especially in the keyboard may have an ever so slight yellowish tint.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got my icon and I'm noticing a few things. 1. The face buttons are a yellowish off-white. 2. For some reason I don't see the alphabetical jump list when swiping to my apps list. 3.) The whites on the screen especially in the keyboard may have an ever so slight yellowish tint.
i haven't even seen the icon but i can address one issue. You don't see the alphabetical jump list UNLESS you have 25 or so apps atleast (not sure about the number). You don't seem to have had a new windows phone before this, otherwise you'd have known. Instal some pretty apps and see the jump list come after there are enough apps to make the jump list it seems that the people at Microsoft were intelligent. look sensible and not just a space consuming thing.

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i haven't even seen the icon but i can address one issue. You don't see the alphabetical jump list UNLESS you have 25 or so apps atleast (not sure about the number). You don't seem to have had a new windows phone before this, otherwise you'd have known. Instal some pretty apps and see the jump list come after there are enough apps to make the jump list it seems that the people at Microsoft were intelligent. look sensible and not just a space consuming thing.

Thank you for that. I was worried it was a feature that was removed with WP8.

Has anybody noticed the call quality being very bad? I can hear the plastic housing vibrating when I have the volume over 6.

sethman916

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for that. I was worried it was a feature that was removed with WP8.

Has anybody noticed the call quality being very bad? I can hear the plastic housing vibrating when I have the volume over 6.

Not sure how high my volume is set, but mine seems to be way better call quality than my G2 was.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I think this is a bug. Can't change the volume while listening to podcasts. It just stays at whatever volume was used last. Doesn't matter which podcast.

If play some mp3s, the volume can change, but when I go back to play a podcast, the volume does not change (but the volume number does show as increasing/decreasing).

Rinzai

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else seeing any slight color shifting in a certain portion of the screen?

Yes, quite noticeable on my phone. The whole top half is a darker, redish tint. On a white screen you can easily see the top left corner and the bottom left corner are two completely different shades of white. Even more noticeable on lower brightness levels.

I'll likely be replacing mine. At first I thought I could get past it but I live in the email app and it's driving me insane.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb