Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've been holding out on a WP 7.8 HTC Trophy for the last 3 years. I'll probably be replacing mine because of the yellow hardware buttons (its really obvious next to white on screen buttons).

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've been holding out on a WP 7.8 HTC Trophy for the last 3 years. I'll probably be replacing mine because of the yellow hardware buttons (its really obvious next to white on screen buttons).

I think that is actually normal. Mine are yellowish as well and one of them has a dark spot on it, very inconsistent. But I have noticed this on other Nokia phones. I assume it's "normal."

reprod3

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, quite noticeable on my phone. The whole top half is a darker, redish tint. On a white screen you can easily see the top left corner and the bottom left corner are two completely different shades of white. Even more noticeable on lower brightness levels.

I'll likely be replacing mine. At first I thought I could get past it but I live in the email app and it's driving me insane.

Crap... That concerns me... I'm going to be attempting to exchange mine tomorrow morning (After finally getting the full thing setup) There was no complaints about this with any of the review units so its possible it is limited to a small batch.

Tat3rs10

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems as if a lot of people are having color problems on their screens. You guys could try to calibrate the screen through Settings>Display>Lumia Color Profile. I noticed the pop up menus for buttons and music were slightly purple. I went in to here and adjusted it and now it looks fine. Not sure if this would help out the users who have different hues in different areas though. I haven't experienced any color issue on my Icon as of yet.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Dang, the problems are really popping up now. I think I may wait for them to get any issues sorted out (and hopefully get a better deal).

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My icon has not found or installed the Touch update to disable the haptic feedback yet. Also, my keyboard keys are a pale black/grey color compared to the black background. Can't recall if it was that way on my 928. Minor things though so far it's been a wonderful phone. Do miss the Xenon flash though.

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I swipe to my app list, the text of the apps gets all jagged while the start screen and apps are both displayed on the screen. Once the app list is the only thing on the screen, the text looks fine. I took screenshots during the transition but the text is perfect so I suspect this is a physical refresh issue.
So I can assume this is just my device I guess... I'll bring it into the Verizon store.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm also noticing an intermittent issue. When the phone goes to sleep for some time and I wake it up the internet connection seems stuck. It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search. I've had to restart it probably 3 times now in 2 days.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So I can assume this is just my device I guess... I'll bring it into the Verizon store.

Not seeing this issue here on either of our Icons.
One minor problem/annoyance I am experiencing is that when I hold down the camera button and the black screen comes up for a second, the bottom of the screen has a line of white pixels. Very very minor but it sticks out. In this instance it isn't really annoying, but when running plex and a video is queing and the screen is black, then it will be there for a little while. Found that this goes away if my theme is set to dark, but I prefer the light theme for this week :)
Here is an image of it, you can barely see as it is only one row of pixels.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!AO9FXtpw6Ubs4FA&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody else had problems with the phone rebooting at random times? Mine has been working fine but then out of nowhere will just freeze up and reboot.

drpaulk

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Icon for less than 24 hours and this is what I first noticed:

1. When I turned the phone off and plugged it in for charging, it powered back up; even after turning it off again - while plugged in - it again powered back on ... strange.

2. When lowering the volume, it will go to zero, 'vibrate only', but not past that point - from my Androd experience the past 4 years (this is my first Windows phone), I'm accustomed to being able to rock the volume down to the point of nothing: no volume OR vibration. (yes, I realize Airplane mode does that, but what about going into a movie theatre and not wanting the phone to vibrate but still receive messages?)

drpaulk

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
@King112585: " ...It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search." I had a similar issue but when I unplugged my cable modem and then powered it back up, my phone was happy.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My screen has an issues. The upper left hand corner has a different color temperature compared to the rest of the screen. The gradient effect on the screen is most visible when looking at a dark grey or white background. Since this is definitely hardware I will more than likely be getting the device swapped.

I had this issue with the bottom third of my screen. There was a pinkish hue to it. I exchanged it, and the new one is perfect! Warning though: the Verizon rep gave me some trouble. At first he wouldn't acknowledge that it existed, then he said it was probably normal, and then he said it was due to "the HD screen and 20 megapixels"... I finally got his manager involved and they did the exchange.

I hope you have an easier time than me!

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got my icon and I'm noticing a few things. 1. The face buttons are a yellowish off-white. 2. For some reason I don't see the alphabetical jump list when swiping to my apps list. 3.) The whites on the screen especially in the keyboard may have an ever so slight yellowish tint.

I would try adjusting the color profile under the "Display" setting. Try making the temperature cooler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb