Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
@King112585: " ...It indicates its connected to both LTE and WiFi but can't connect to web pages or search." I had a similar issue but when I unplugged my cable modem and then powered it back up, my phone was happy.

If this happens, try disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting. I've seen this once and this did the trick.

I've not seen any color issues, but did notice a Nokia calibration tool if needed.

Only thing I've seen and need to watch closer is battery life. Seems to be going down on the quick side. But then I have brightness on high and I've been non-stop tinkering and downloading Apps.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
If this happens, try disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting. I've seen this once and this did the trick.

I've not seen any color issues, but did notice a Nokia calibration tool if needed.

Only thing I've seen and need to watch closer is battery life. Seems to be going down on the quick side. But then I have brightness on high and I've been non-stop tinkering and downloading Apps.

I've tried toggling the Wi-Fi to no avail. Only thing I've found that works is a reboot.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Icon for less than 24 hours and this is what I first noticed:

1. When I turned the phone off and plugged it in for charging, it powered back up; even after turning it off again - while plugged in - it again powered back on ... strange.

2. When lowering the volume, it will go to zero, 'vibrate only', but not past that point - from my Androd experience the past 4 years (this is my first Windows phone), I'm accustomed to being able to rock the volume down to the point of nothing: no volume OR vibration. (yes, I realize Airplane mode does that, but what about going into a movie theatre and not wanting the phone to vibrate but still receive messages?)

yep that's nothing wrong with the phone, that's just Windows Phone. Nothing you can do about that. HTC devices allow charging while off but not Nokia or Samsung

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My Icon is not finding the built-in car Bluetooth. It keeps saying "searching". I drive a 2011 corolla. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, my phone doesn't charge when I plug it into the USB port in my car.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these issues?

reprod3

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Icon exchanged at the Verizon store... The screen color gradient issues are not on the new device so I am assuming that my previous one just had some issues with the screen. Now I am loving my phone...

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
My Icon is not finding the built-in car Bluetooth. It keeps saying "searching". I drive a 2011 corolla. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, my phone doesn't charge when I plug it into the USB port in my car.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these issues?

Took me a bit to get Bluetooth in my Honda Accord set. I wound up going through the Handsfree Link voice instructions built into car. I couldn't get phone to just see it.

The car USB port charging issue I had with my 8X. It's not an Icon issue. For whatever reason (maybe voltage) it never showed as charging, but it was getting at least a trickle because over time it would charge. The better answer is to get a micro USB car charger to plug into lighter. That will give you enough juice to see it charging.

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having problem with two or three apps that can't seem to find the data connection when no other app is having problems. The AMC Theatres app is the one that sticks out but I know I have one or two more with the same.

Overall, I've used a 900, 920, 521 and now the icon and I have to say as much as I love my 920, the icon smokes it.

Edited to add: Angry Birds Roost is another that doesn't see the data connection.

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Icon for less than 24 hours and this is what I first noticed:

1. When I turned the phone off and plugged it in for charging, it powered back up; even after turning it off again - while plugged in - it again powered back on ... strange.

2. When lowering the volume, it will go to zero, 'vibrate only', but not past that point - from my Androd experience the past 4 years (this is my first Windows phone), I'm accustomed to being able to rock the volume down to the point of nothing: no volume OR vibration. (yes, I realize Airplane mode does that, but what about going into a movie theatre and not wanting the phone to vibrate but still receive messages?)

As someone else mentioned HTC put out something for the charging issue, otherwise it's a "feature not a bug". ;)

For the vibrate thing, you would have to go into ringtones and turn off vibrate. It's really stupid, I had the OG Droid and during one of the last official updates they got rid of it. Yet every dumbphone you will still see still does it. So aggravating to not have, and so logical to have: silent > vibrate > low / med / high. Arghhhh....

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Just like the 928, I can't make "Cobalt" be anything other than purple. Happened to the 928 once Nokia gave us the Color Profile (before this Cobalt was absolutely blue.)

Maxing out saturation and taking temp to 0% is close, but still purpleish. This means there's no dark blue accent color.
See, Microsoft, this is why you need to give us more accent color control!

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Just like the 928, I can't make "Cobalt" be anything other than purple. Happened to the 928 once Nokia gave us the Color Profile (before this Cobalt was absolutely blue.)

Maxing out saturation and taking temp to 0% is close, but still purpleish. This means there's no dark blue accent color.
See, Microsoft, this is why you need to give us more accent color control!

My cobalt is really really blue, not really much purple.

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Update on my issue with random reboots. Realized it was only happening when I connected to WiFi. Guess it wasn't able to handle the extra load. Exchanged my device for a new Icon and the issue hasn't happened on this one.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I also have an issue with the color temperature being uneven across my display. The top half has a slight yellowish hue, and the bottom has a more pink hue. As others have stated this is more noticeable on white or gray backgrounds. I've tested multiple solid colors and only see it on lighter colors and all shades of gray.

Honestly though, I'm probably going to live with it. I went through this style of nitpicking with my HTX 8X, and every device I received had some flaw that I wasn't happy with. First one had separation between screen and frame, second had a screen that rippled under minor pressure and had a dead pixel. Considering there are no other hardware flaws with my device (no creaking/uneven backing/etc), I'm inclined to let this go.

reprod3

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So, I also have an issue with the color temperature being uneven across my display. The top half has a slight yellowish hue, and the bottom has a more pink hue. As others have stated this is more noticeable on white or gray backgrounds. I've tested multiple solid colors and only see it on lighter colors and all shades of gray.

Honestly though, I'm probably going to live with it. I went through this style of nitpicking with my HTX 8X, and every device I received had some flaw that I wasn't happy with. First one had separation between screen and frame, second had a screen that rippled under minor pressure and had a dead pixel. Considering there are no other hardware flaws with my device (no creaking/uneven backing/etc), I'm inclined to let this go.

I had a similar issue on my screen. I exchanged it two days later and this phone screen is problem free. It was a pain reinstalling everything and re-organizing my start screen, but it's all good. I'm happy now.

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got my icon and I'm noticing a few things. 1. The face buttons are a yellowish off-white. 2. For some reason I don't see the alphabetical jump list when swiping to my apps list. 3.) The whites on the screen especially in the keyboard may have an ever so slight yellowish tint.

my face buttons are the exact same - the back arrow, windows icon, and search button. Is anyone else experiencing this? Did you take it back and see if a replacement fixed it?

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am having problem with two or three apps that can't seem to find the data connection when no other app is having problems. The AMC Theatres app is the one that sticks out but I know I have one or two more with the same.
I've had interesting data issues as well. I remember my first launch of WPCentral said something like "unable to get Webform data" or something similar and the app was blank. Also since I'm tinkering with the phone non-stop right now, I've noticed that all of a sudden I have 7 new emails between two accounts but when I check them, 5 were many hours old.. but I can guarantee that I had no notifications until all 7 came in. Something feels wonky.

Also, call quality sucks at my location compared to ATT so far, but that's just a VZ complaint. Work made me switch :(

edit: ive had the data issues in quite a few apps... activating whatsapp was impossible at first. The IE link kept failing to connect and it would give some odd error when manually entering the SMS code.

edit 2: my email accounts are both set to push.

King112585

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
my face buttons are the exact same - the back arrow, windows icon, and search button. Is anyone else experiencing this? Did you take it back and see if a replacement fixed it?

I went into a Verizon store and was initial kind if blown off.He originally suggest waiting for a software update but eventually they acknowledged the problem and said I could replace it. Then he went in back and came back saying that they had none in stock. He told me to give it a few weeks and if I'm still not happy to come in. Seeing as I'm occasionally having data connectivity issues after the phone wakes up I'll be returning it.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store and was initial kind if blown off.He originally suggest waiting for a software update but eventually they acknowledged the problem and said I could replace it. Then he went in back and came back saying that they had none in stock. He told me to give it a few weeks and if I'm still not happy to come in. Seeing as I'm occasionally having data connectivity issues after the phone wakes up I'll be returning it.

Verizon only has a 14 day return policy on devices for no charge. I believe after 2 weeks if you try to return the device they will charge you a restocking fee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234