Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

jphillips1963

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
So because I'm an android user and came here in hopes switching from android to windows I'm now a troll and I don't belong here? I'm sorry but this very thread is why I'm here is to see if the bugs and issues are worth my time to switch and based on everything I'm reading thus far its not. I wanted this phone in a big way but its just not the bugs that's stopping me its the lack of tile functions that seem to take you to settings instead of going straight to the source. The lack of multi tasking and a few other things. Yes I've heard this will be resolved in windows 8.1 but I've been down that road before and honestly what I got was a bunch of broken promises. The issues spoken for me outweigh the reason jump ship right now.

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So because I'm an android user and came here in hopes switching from android to windows I'm now a troll and I don't belong here? I'm sorry but this very thread is why I'm here is to see if the bugs and issues are worth my time to switch and based on everything I'm reading thus far its not. I wanted this phone in a big way but its just not the bugs that's stopping me its the lack of tile functions that seem to take you to settings instead of going straight to the source. The lack of multi tasking and a few other things. Yes I've heard this will be resolved in windows 8.1 but I've been down that road before and honestly what I got was a bunch of broken promises. The issues spoken for me outweigh the reason jump ship right now.

You're kidding right? Your post earlier was one of the most trollish posts I've seen. If you can reread that and truthfully disagree with me, than you need to take a class on the modern day internet.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought Nokia built premium devices? Of all the years of having smart phones the worse ever was a Samsung and that was big time radio issues. But never have I had the issues you guys have. This one phone has more issues and problems than all phones I've ever owned combined. Thanks for saving me a big headache for posting your bugs and issues.

You actually didn't mention the OS at all. You specifically referred to Nokia (not) making premium devices and how bad the phone was. Not a mention of Windows Phone. Oh, and WP does have multi-tasking. Works fine if you know how to do it. Also, having to go to settings to change something (which isn't something you will always be doing) takes a couple more clicks. Big deal. And if you have something you need to switch all the time (say Bluetooth or something) you can probably find an app that will give you what you want.

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
One bug is that I tuned off vibration for the Windows phone keys and now that I want to turn it back on its not working. The setting look correct, I'm just not getting the keys to vibrate when using them. Anyone have a similar issue?

jugghead62

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I used to have the Note 2, a great phone. I am not bashing any one, system, phone. Never had any issues.
I bought the icon because I wanted Quality. Again not bashing anyone or phone.
I got my phone yesterday, the size is perfect for me that's the main reason I switched. As for issues I have had none of what they have listed in theses forums. I feel lucky. Sound is excellent, quality build, colors are fine. Again no issues.
Even able to put custom sounds on the phone using my PC.
I wanted to simplify mylife, I also wanted to try windows over IOS.
Both are solid systems. Iphone is just way to small.
I own a PC and a Mac. So integration is fine on both with my phone.
If you want a good quality phone, but the icon. Exchange if you have issues. I really like this phone and am very happy with it.
Thanks

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll try disabling wifi for a couple days but I was under the impression WP still turns off its wifi while locked / sleeping? I could be wrong...

24 hours with wifi disabled, no sync issues.... interesting. Has anyone else with ActiveSync issues tried shutting off wifi to see if it helps?

ClickClack

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Spent 25 mins with phone today after 25 yesterday my biggest gripe is this phone isn't an iPhone. And I mean that legit . I've had the I forever that it's gonna take me a long time to adjust IF I do buy it .

I'm afraid of going backwards.

Now I heard that this phone doesn't do mobile sites? like you click a link for a newspaper and I get the full paper?

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have one problem also asked by somebody in this thread but not answered. On some apps when the background is black there is a white line that appears on the edge of the screen just above the Windows Phone buttons. It only does it on some apps. Like the photo app. they're like a line of white pixels. They don't appear on the start screen when the background is set to dark. Here's a screenshot of the line. It's on the right side of the pic and sometimes appears on the whole edge, not just those particular places. I think it's the apps. It doesn't render the whole screen and leaves a little obstruction at the edge.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!ANNFBr8Af_3zIB0&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is this what you are suggested to change?

well my first test was turning off WiFi for 24 hours and that "fixed" my sync issues. While sipping on gin this evening I discovered the setting in the screenshot so I changed it to use cellular data and turned my WiFi back on. We'll see if it fixes the issue while letting me use WiFi.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Spent 25 mins with phone today after 25 yesterday my biggest gripe is this phone isn't an iPhone. And I mean that legit . I've had the I forever that it's gonna take me a long time to adjust IF I do buy it .

I'm afraid of going backwards.

Now I heard that this phone doesn't do mobile sites? like you click a link for a newspaper and I get the full paper?

It does mobile sites. You have the option to load mobile or desktop sites. Some sites may not detect it as a mobile device if they're stuck in the stone age.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Had my Icon since 10:30 this morning. Attempted to connect to my 5GHz Wi-Fi at home with no luck ("Invalid Password"). Connected to 2.4GHz band just fine with the very same passkey.

Went to work. We have 802.11x authentication. Can't connect at all: "Connection unseccessful. Your phone couldn't reach the network." A hard reset and two soft resets later, still no dice on anything but that one home Wi-Fi SSID.

Frustrating.

UPDATE: Received my new replacement this morning. Same issue with same networks. I know Verizon will be useless, as they'll just blame the networks, not the phone. As it stands, I can only successfully connect to my own 2.4GHz band at home. No other networks (public or private) will connect at all.

Reached out to Nokia USA via Twitter and they said they'd share my issue with the team...

Looking forward to a completely usable phone. The device is overall quite nice.

That's what I'm afraid of. I really don't want to have to deal with a replacement phone less than 24 hours after receiving the device. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to visit a Verizon store and fiddle with it. They'd better not attempt to ship me a CFA/Refurb.

Just to let you know that I have had no issues connecting to either my 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz WiFi connections. It's more likely a hardware issue.

Before going into the hardware dilemma, you have failed to provide what authentication the network is using. If it is WEP, WP does not support it. I found this out the hard way when I had my 928.

P.S. I have had absolutely zero issues with my Icon. I think the few that have had legit issues, looking like mainly display related, are few and far between. Overall very solid device so far.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
well my first test was turning off WiFi for 24 hours and that "fixed" my sync issues. While sipping on gin this evening I discovered the setting in the screenshot so I changed it to use cellular data and turned my WiFi back on. We'll see if it fixes the issue while letting me use WiFi.

currently following that setting with no change. I think the phone hates my router. I exchanged my phone already because of this issue even though when they tested it at verizon i didnt have any issues with their mifi.

Last edited:

TnA206

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
On my third phone because of the pink hue in the lower or upper half of the screen mainly on white backgrounds, its gotta be a common issue if the last three phones I got all have the issue, does anyone know if this is normal and should go away with use?

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

oniororo

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice white texts turning pink/purple as you scroll up or down, especially on dark background (happens with light background also) or is it just my phone?

jugghead62

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Voive mail hick up.
While calling voice mail, the screen went dark.
Couldn't see the phone keys to put in my password code.
Will try tp wipe it today and see if a fresh install takes care of it.
That's the only glitch I have come across.

Tried it, still didn't work.
Will have to eft replacement. Need access to voicemail.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb