Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just encounter a bug I believe. It started yesterday and I got my phone on Monday. The volume key does not turn up/down if the media is already in progress. I was able to duplicate it over and over. I dont think this is faulty hardware I think this might be firmware issue.

Example If my volume is at 5/30 and I play a media Music/Video and during the media I choose to turn up the volume it will go up 30/30 but the volume is still low.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It does mobile sites. You have the option to load mobile or desktop sites. Some sites may not detect it as a mobile device if they're stuck in the stone age.

Often site will have a link somewhere to the mobile version. It may be called "WAP2" or something similar.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Spent 25 mins with phone today after 25 yesterday my biggest gripe is this phone isn't an iPhone. And I mean that legit . I've had the I forever that it's gonna take me a long time to adjust IF I do buy it .

I'm afraid of going backwards.

Now I heard that this phone doesn't do mobile sites? like you click a link for a newspaper and I get the full paper?
I find it funny you have only spent 50 minutes and your comparing it to the iphone. I went from an iphone to the Nokia Lumia 928. after a year with this phone I dont think I would go back. I have all the apps I could want and the live tiles are very nice.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
So because I'm an android user and came here in hopes switching from android to windows I'm now a troll and I don't belong here? I'm sorry but this very thread is why I'm here is to see if the bugs and issues are worth my time to switch and based on everything I'm reading thus far its not. I wanted this phone in a big way but its just not the bugs that's stopping me its the lack of tile functions that seem to take you to settings instead of going straight to the source. The lack of multi tasking and a few other things. Yes I've heard this will be resolved in windows 8.1 but I've been down that road before and honestly what I got was a bunch of broken promises. The issues spoken for me outweigh the reason jump ship right now.

I survived the iPhone-4-antenna-in-the-band-and-you-have-to-hold-it-just-right-or-it-will-lose-signal fiasco. These minor issues with the Icon are nothing!!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice white texts turning pink/purple as you scroll up or down, especially on dark background (happens with light background also) or is it just my phone?

Yeah I have noticed this. My guess this is the ghosting effect a few others were talking about. I only noticed it on dark back grounds. Haven't noticed it in any videos or games

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's normal. I had this on my first one and got it swapped out, and it's not like that on my second one. Others have reported the same. If it really bothers you, and if the store will let you, I would keep swapping until you get a good one.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just encounter a bug I believe. It started yesterday and I got my phone on Monday. The volume key does not turn up/down if the media is already in progress. I was able to duplicate it over and over. I dont think this is faulty hardware I think this might be firmware issue.

Example If my volume is at 5/30 and I play a media Music/Video and during the media I choose to turn up the volume it will go up 30/30 but the volume is still low.

The description of the problem sounds like it's a software thing, but I don't have this problem. Does this happen with ALL media, or just with one particular app?

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's normal. I had this on my first one and got it swapped out, and it's not like that on my second one. Others have reported the same. If it really bothers you, and if the store will let you, I would keep swapping until you get a good one.

I agree, it doesn't appear to be normal. Just tested mine and it does not do that..

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Is the deletion of email the issue you are having with activesync? Or all email?

its two ActiveSync accounts one from work and the other for school through google apps. Then of course my main email account through outlook.com which is my Microsoft account as well. All three will have major delays on WiFi at but all are great connected to lte. its the arrival of new email that is causing my issue. any info that should be pushed to my phone isnt being pushed consistently. that could be email coming in, email being deleted.

Last edited:

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've got the disappearing keyboard bug. From Google searches I see I'm not alone. Trying some suggested fixes has not worked. Curiously tho so far it only applies to forum posting. Any forum.
​Anyone else experiencing this. Any fix. So annoying.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It has something to do with the forums not playing nicely with windows phone 8 or windows 8 or vice versa. I have problems with my tablet as well. I wonder if it is the type of forums that are used. I believe mobile nations uses tapatalk? I wonder if it was different if it would work.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
It's every forum I visit. I can no longer post on WP central with my surface either, but it works everywhere else at least. Can't post on a windows forum with a windows device, ha,ha. WTH.
​Using my apple machine to post this. Yikes!

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I just don't use enough different apps but so far I have had ZERO issues with anything.

With very heavy use I need to charge it once during the day. With average use I go to bed and it's still above 50%!

I must say as my first WP (coming from a long line of Androids) I LOVE This Phone!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I must say as my first WP (coming from a long line of Androids) I LOVE This Phone!
Same here. Android wasn't without it's little niggles also, no OS is. I'm making adjustments. FWIW, the first few days I had my icon it had no keyboard issue. Started happening a couple or so days ago. I'm backtracking my installed app situation to see if thats it. In googling this issue I found microsoft sent out a service update to fix this same issue for WP7.5 devices. Interesting.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
WOW, I think I noticed another bug/issue. Unrelated to my above one. My volume seems to change on its own. I have it set at 25/30. I notice it changes to 13/30 whenever I reboot the phone. Does it everytime. Anyone know what the logic is behind this action. If I forget to change it back after a reboot I can miss calls. Guess MS thinks we never will need/want to reboot? Maybe reverting to some default setting?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have found that the purplish ghosting effect happens only with auto brightness on and in a dark room. With auto on it will make the brightness even lower than the manual setting low when in a dark room. But if I set my phone to low my screen gets brighter and it goes away. The ghostly effect also appears to be only visible on darker colored backgrounds with white text. Not a big deal for me since it only happens in that specific situation. Wonder if anyone else can recreate this?

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
A few different people responded to my issue about my email not "pushing" properly- and a few others have listed the issue as well. I am using only an outlook.com account and it happens. Sometimes it pushes just fine. Other times it is delayed. As I was reading the forums tonight, I went to check settings (to answer the question of was I connected EAS or to outlook) and it said, under my Microsoft account, "Account not up to date." When I clicked on it, it told me that it was outdated by over an hour and had last tried to connect to update 18 minutes earlier. I tapped "sync" in my email and immediately the notification went away. I don't know if it is the wifi dropping its signal at times when the phone is locked or what. And I can't remember who asked, but I checked and battery saver mode is turned off. At this point I have had the phone a week and I love it. I could probably even live with this issue. But if it is a hardware problem then I should get it taken care of while there is still time (if there is still time).

Also, someone else (I think) in this thread who is having a similar issue commented on going to their "wifi" option under settings and it goes through the "finding wifi" and then shows connected. Is this normal? This happens to me some of the time. Some times I tap wifi and it just shows connected. Other times it searches for a few seconds then says connected. Is that what it does for people whose email is being pushed normally without problem? Or could that be a sign that it is, at least at times, losing connection to the wifi while the screen is off, which then would be causing the failure of push notifications at times?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb