Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Have seen many complaints of WiFi issues. Mine drops once a day and is vey hard to reconnect.

My connection is 2.4Ghz G, WPA2 on a Lynksys E4200 v1

My 928 never once had an issue, and stays connected when side by side with 929 it drops.

My old Droid x had these same issues 4years ago :/ Galaxy S3 and 928 never once had an issue on my network.

I did have "use cellular in limited WiFi enabled".... Seems more stable without that setting.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Calendar Issue

A little time with Bing determines it to be Lorem Ipsum.

Worst part is it puts the text on random days, not days with actual events. It is misleading as to which days you are free.

Kinda pitiful that UX markup made it into one of the most prominent WP features. This is "fixed" in 8.1 with a re-imagined month view.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Have seen many complaints of WiFi issues. Mine drops once a day and is vey hard to reconnect.

My connection is 2.4Ghz G, WPA2 on a Lynksys E4200 v1

My 928 never once had an issue, and stays connected when side by side with 929 it drops.

My old Droid x had these same issues 4years ago :/ Galaxy S3 and 928 never once had an issue on my network.

I did have "use cellular in limited WiFi enabled".... Seems more stable without that setting.

Mine wouldnt say it dropped but it would cause issues with email then i would check and it was disconnected multiple times during the day. I bought a new router to replace my sbg6580. I now have a netgear R6300 that has since worked flawlessly. I swapped out phones before upgrading routers so i feel like the issue was with the phone but others would report the opposite. It ended up being an excuse to buy a new router.

jphillips1963

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Worst part is it puts the text on random days, not days with actual events. It is misleading as to which days you are free.

Kinda pitiful that UX markup made it into one of the most prominent WP features. This is "fixed" in 8.1 with a re-imagined month view.

Everything keeps going back to this and that will get fixed in windows 8.1 and honestly how does anyone know this? Why buy a product that you can only hope the features it needs and should have already is or should be available in next software update. Damn smart phones have been around for years and windows appears to be 3-4 yrs behind what they should be. Pitiful

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Everything keeps going back to this and that will get fixed in windows 8.1 and honestly how does anyone know this? Why buy a product that you can only hope the features it needs and should have already is or should be available in next software update. Damn smart phones have been around for years and windows appears to be 3-4 yrs behind what they should be. Pitiful

Because we have screenshot of the 8.1 emulator that has new system apps installed?

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's strange. The text appears on days with actual events for me. Do you have birthdays enabled?

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

That's strange. The text appears on days with actual events for me. Do you have birthdays enabled?

Looking at it now it looks correct, weird because many months ago I think I saw this on a previous phones... Potentially they fixed it with a GDR

jphillips1963

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Because we have screenshot of the 8.1 emulator that has new system apps installed?

Once again they can say and take all the pictures necessary in order to build the hype and yet not come thru with features that should really be there now.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

Went from the Lumia 928 to the Icon and I like the icon more. After messing with it for a week I dont even miss the glance screen but I do hope they put it on the phone sometime. Phone is faster Pictures great and Battery much better. I dont know ifs it my imagination But I dont think the volume is as loud as the 928. anyone else notice this or is it just me.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or not. For some reason my Icon just ripped through my battery 36% drainage (as per Battery Performance) and the phone was hot. I haven't used my phone for anything all day. Just checking emails and dismissing meeting notifications.

I've turn off phone for a bit to cool down and I'll turn it back on and see what happens.

First time this happened since I've had the phone; little over a week.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or not. For some reason my Icon just ripped through my battery 36% drainage (as per Battery Performance) and the phone was hot. I haven't used my phone for anything all day. Just checking emails and dismissing meeting notifications.

I've turn off phone for a bit to cool down and I'll turn it back on and see what happens.

First time this happened since I've had the phone; little over a week.

Possibly a rouge background task? If it happens again, take a look at your active background tasks in the settings and disable them one by one to see which is the culprit.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Possibly a rouge background task? If it happens again, take a look at your active background tasks in the settings and disable them one by one to see which is the culprit.
I only have 4 background tasks running, Battery Performance, CNN, TV Show and Nokia Drive and they have been running since day one. The only thing I can think of is that I setup my commute in Nokia Drive and have the live tile pinned. Wonder if that is the culprit. The phone went from 76% full to 9% when I turned it back on. It's charging now.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I only have 4 background tasks running, Battery Performance, CNN, TV Show and Nokia Drive and they have been running since day one. The only thing I can think of is that I setup my commute in Nokia Drive and have the live tile pinned. Wonder if that is the culprit. The phone went from 76% full to 9% when I turned it back on. It's charging now.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like Drive is it. Maybe an uninstall/reinstall will help?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I think we just assume that if MS has went the trouble of building 8.1, released it to certain developers already, slated a April 2 date for MSDN and April 8th for preview for developers we're working on a glass half full type of release. Could they yank every single feature they have hinted and just release of a bunch of pacthes as 8.1, sure. But why on earth would they do that?

MosesByxbe

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Before going into the hardware dilemma, you have failed to provide what authentication the network is using. If it is WEP, WP does not support it. I found this out the hard way when I had my 928.

P.S. I have had absolutely zero issues with my Icon. I think the few that have had legit issues, looking like mainly display related, are few and far between. Overall very solid device so far.

WPA2 everywhere. I'm not completely technologically illiterate. Received a replacement and it has the same issues. I'm gonna go with finnicky wi-fi rather than non-functioning. Two of the same device with precisely the same issue seems more like a glitch/incompatibility more than a hardware defect.

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Spent over an hour on tech support with Verizon about my wifi push/sync issues. As soon as I switch to data, stuff comes right through. After numerous troubleshooting steps, they decided it was a defective unit and are sending me a new one. Hoping that solves it. If it is an issue with the home network, not really sure I can solve it. But since originally posting the issue with my email, I have added facebook and twitter and I have the same issue with them. Hoping the new device solves my problems.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Spent over an hour on tech support with Verizon about my wifi push/sync issues. As soon as I switch to data, stuff comes right through. After numerous troubleshooting steps, they decided it was a defective unit and are sending me a new one. Hoping that solves it. If it is an issue with the home network, not really sure I can solve it. But since originally posting the issue with my email, I have added facebook and twitter and I have the same issue with them. Hoping the new device solves my problems.
a few people on here have received replacements and experienced same results, please do post yours!

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site

good luck. The replacement device didn't solve my issue but maybe you will be luckier than I. I ended up with a new router to fix my issue since it worked fine with their mifi

at the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720