Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to report that I did have both named the same when I set up the router. I don't do much with routers but name the network and secure it. But I named both the same, so I changed the 5ghz to reflect that and then brought up my wifi on the phone. It was connected to the 2.4ghz so I jumped onto the 5ghz. Haven't had a chance to test it outside yet but I'm sure I will this weekend. I normally get the no connection after the phone has been sitting for a while and then I grab it and go outside. I do have it set to stay connected when phone times out so I'll see if this cures my problem. I sure hope so. I already have to get a new modem to comply with Comcast and the 3.0 upgrade so they can quit bugging me, hopefully I won't have to buy a router as well.

Gadsden1405

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Ya, its been almost two weeks for me and it was running perfect and except for a few random restarts, it still is.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

anon8657740

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe no one is mentioning this but do any of you notice how loud the rattle is from the image stabilization camera when you tap the phone, specifically on the sides?? I tried many icons at the store and they all had this problem. It doesn't bother any of you???

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay in reporting my news. Got a new modem and new dual band router. The problem still persists. It also seems to be getting worse, now also happening when on data and the screen is timed out for a period of time. After sitting with the screen timed-out for a few hours, I made a phone call in my car and immediately was flooded with notifications- email, facebook, etc., all at once.

I have contacted Verizon (again). The first time I did, the tech said they would send a new phone and he never did. Called again and should have a new (like new, used actually) replacement Monday or Tuesday. Will update again once I know if the new one is working. Sad thing is, this isn't a huge deal in that it doesn't impact my life too much. But I don't like spending a lot of money on something brand new and having it not work the way it is supposed to. But if I can't get it fixed, I still love the phone otherwise.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the long delay in reporting my news. Got a new modem and new dual band router. The problem still persists. It also seems to be getting worse, now also happening when on data and the screen is timed out for a period of time. After sitting with the screen timed-out for a few hours, I made a phone call in my car and immediately was flooded with notifications- email, facebook, etc., all at once.

I have contacted Verizon (again). The first time I did, the tech said they would send a new phone and he never did. Called again and should have a new (like new, used actually) replacement Monday or Tuesday. Will update again once I know if the new one is working. Sad thing is, this isn't a huge deal in that it doesn't impact my life too much. But I don't like spending a lot of money on something brand new and having it not work the way it is supposed to. But if I can't get it fixed, I still love the phone otherwise.

sorry to hear the issue wasn't resolved for you. Good luck with the replacement.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
My Icon had lost its wi-fi during the night. I just toggled it off and back on and was back in business. That's the extent of issues I've had with this wonderful unit.

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My Icon had lost its wi-fi during the night. I just toggled it off and back on and was back in business. That's the extent of issues I've had with this wonderful unit.

Keep track of that. My sister-in-law got this phone on my recommendation. Second day having it had used .8 gb of 2 gb monthly allotment. At 3 AM, with WiFi off, her phone randomly burst 800 mb of data. So it could be a huge deal that the WiFi shuts off over night, even if it just happens here and there.

Gerry Brennan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I may have a bug. I charge my Icon and it shows full. Shortly after I take the phone off the charger it drops one notch. Granted my battery seems to work fine all day, however it bugs me a little. The Verizon store said this is normal operation and that a software update is due out soon. I cannot find anything with regard to this on any forum. Is there anybody out there that is experiencing the same issue or was the Verizon store full of it?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I may have a bug. I charge my Icon and it shows full. Shortly after I take the phone off the charger it drops one notch. Granted my battery seems to work fine all day, however it bugs me a little. The Verizon store said this is normal operation and that a software update is due out soon. I cannot find anything with regard to this on any forum. Is there anybody out there that is experiencing the same issue or was the Verizon store full of it?
So your saying it drops a notch meaning it goes down to 99% right away? Then the battery lasts and works fine all day? Sorry, but this is a real LOL kind of issue. Mine does the same thing, but I never thought it concerning enough to post about it. Lots of former phones and other electronic devices I've had have behaved this way. Seriously, don't worry about it. I think my battery drops to around 95% pretty fast then drops normally the rest of the day. I wouldn't call it a bug.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

like as if the battery is being used?

Gerry Brennan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine drops to 95% immediately after I unplug it / take it off the wireless charger. The Asst Manager at verizon said it was because I am using a surge protector, I laughed in his face. So if there are others that are having the same issue, I feel I can breath better.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
After having the phone for just over a week, I have begun to really notice a few clusters of discolored/burnt-in horizontal lines, especially on light backgrounds. On dark backgrounds I've been seeing a great deal of ghosting. Is this normal? Has anyone else been experiencing similar display related issues? Otherwise my WiFi has been pretty great, even on campus where we broadcast 3 or 4 wireless networks. I'm curious if I should try my luck with a replacement or if this is common and I should suck it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99