Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
MAPS: NO VOICE GUIDANCE ON BLUETOOTH. I cannot hear the voice guidance for maps on my vehicle when the phone is connected to Bluetooth. Is anyone else having this issue. Voice calls on Bluetooth work just fine. I know it's not an issue just with the Icon because I had the same issue with my android and iPhone. The only difference is that I was able to find a workaround with the android and iPhone, but am unsuccessful finding a solution for the Icon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Under the Bluetooth setting, go to advanced and check or uncheck (depending on your current setting), the box that says "Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car" Not sure what that does, but apparently seems to often fix this issue.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I found a problem yesterday and recreated it every time since. If I go into any of my work locations which make me lose cellular data connectivity (large concrete structures), my apps never re-establish connection when I exit the buildings and regain LTE coverate. I have no problem with SMS or sending MMS pictures. And interestingly enough, I can get to my data/media on OneDrive and I can even watch videos from my YouTubeHD app. But any news apps, WP Store, games, IE, etc... have no internet connection. The only way to fix it is to toggle my cellular data off/on again. I have not had this problem with my 928. Anyone else having this issue?

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Under the Bluetooth setting, go to advanced and check or uncheck (depending on your current setting), the box that says "Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car" Not sure what that does, but apparently seems to often fix this issue.

I tried that as well and it didn't work 😞

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
On my car, a 2014 Soul, I have to switch the car audio to the mp3 setting for streaming music or listening to the turn by turn directions. For phone, I can have the car audio on any setting and the phone always rings in. 😊

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

SaintStewart

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hiya, all. Long time stalker, first time poster.

I've used WP devices for a while now, since I was on prepaid, then through a VZ contract, and now on ATT service. While I was on VZ, I used an 822 then paid outright for a 928 (my fav phone ever!). I know that VZ LTE phones (most of them anyhow) made in the last year or so are factory unlocked, so when I switched to ATT, I just kept on using my 928 (albeit with only H+ speeds instead of 4G/LTE). Anyhow, I havent had any issues with coverage, and I just went out on Monday and bought an Icon outright (I like the VZ WP because of the wireless charging without any extra attachments needed). So in the week I've had this thing, it's done nothing but drop calls left and right (I rarely get over 1 bar of service, and most of the time it shows no service, yet when I try to make a phone call, POW, the service shows up - although if I try to just text or use data while it shows no service, it won't go through), and my Bluetooth and WiFi both drop constantly.

So with all this going on, my question is, I suppose, knowing that I'm not using it on VZ's network, should I expect it to work better than it is? I mean, my 928 doesn't have these issues, but still. Trying to gauge some opinions here - thinking about taking it back and seeing if another unit does the same thing, or if I should just return it as its not being used on the 'correct' network, the one it's made for.

Thanks a ton in advance.

carolinajim

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Good evening everyone! I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I just tried taking my first video with the phone. When I went to play it back it did not pick up sound and the audio was all scratchy. I tried this in and out of the case I have for the phone. Any ideas on the issue??
That has been the only issue thus far for me. Otherwise the phone has been phenomenal. I switched from an IPhone 5 to the icon for my first windows phone and have been very pleased except for this.

Thanks for any help!!

Jim

stancotreau

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues group messaging with iPhone people? If I receive a group message from someone with an iPhone it comes through as a link that says get media content now, when I click on it nothing happens .... unless it ends the message in another folder someplace. Group messaging is enabled on my device, I used to have an android phone. Ive asked the senders to enable SMS on their iPhones, still doesn't work. Any ideas on work around or apps would be appreciated

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is icon specific it seems as though if audio is playing and then stops, the speaker still has some noise and then stops with a 'pop'.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
MAPS: NO VOICE GUIDANCE ON BLUETOOTH. I cannot hear the voice guidance for maps on my vehicle when the phone is connected to Bluetooth. Is anyone else having this issue. Voice calls on Bluetooth work just fine. I know it's not an issue just with the Icon because I had the same issue with my android and iPhone. The only difference is that I was able to find a workaround with the android and iPhone, but am unsuccessful finding a solution for the Icon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Yes. But I've found it's a problem with MyChevy. It only works when I have Bluetooth selected. If I on anything other than Bluetooth, it doesn't work. I've had this problem ever since Chevy updated the software. I've noticed it for both Android and WP. I've never owned an iPhone so I don't know if it's an issue with iOS. When I first bought the car, it worked regardless of what I had selected. I have a 2013 Equinox.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or not. For some reason my Icon just ripped through my battery 36% drainage (as per Battery Performance) and the phone was hot. I haven't used my phone for anything all day. Just checking emails and dismissing meeting notifications.

I've turn off phone for a bit to cool down and I'll turn it back on and see what happens.

First time this happened since I've had the phone; little over a week.

This has happened twice so far since my initial post. Yesterday was the latest and as I often do, I left the house to do errands and when I got to where I was going I picked up the phone off the passenger side seat and the phone was nice and hot. Shut the phone off and turned it back on and all is fine; for now.

I don't see any spike in cell data usage. So I don't know if WiFi got stuck in some type of loop looking for my home network or the radio antenna went haywire. The only WiFi setting enabled is to keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out; the rest are all unchecked. I'll try turning off WiFi the next time it happens and see.

jplemt

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have to jiggle the charger plug when I insert it to make the phone realize it's been plugged in, otherwise it takes 10 seconds or so to make its little noise and start charging.

errole

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I just turned mine on and the blue windows logo came up then started to scroll up and my lock screen scrolled up at random. Has anyone had this issue.

maxpower818

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
My in call volume is very low. I can barely make out what someone is saying when their is any type of minor noise. My in call volume was very loud just a few days ago.normally I couldn't even have it all the way up because it very loud and now I have to use my speaker for phone calls. Anyone else have this problem?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My in call volume is very low. I can barely make out what someone is saying when their is any type of minor noise. My in call volume was very loud just a few days ago.normally I couldn't even have it all the way up because it very loud and now I have to use my speaker for phone calls. Anyone else have this problem?

That's weird. You try moving the volume up when you're on the call?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs