Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I get that, but if I don't have the vibe function enabled in settings it doesn't show up there as an option, just silent and ring. My complaint is having to enable it in settings then disable it when done using it. I know probably small potatoes for everyone else. Just seems counter productive to me having to go to two different places to be in vibe mode then reverse it back. Every other phone I've ever had for the past several years had a one step process to go in vibe mode, not two. Keep thinking I've missed the obvious. Keeping vibe enabled in settings is not the solution I'm looking for.

Hopefully this will be improved with the new volume controls in Windows Phone 8.1.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I use Insider Pro ... loads of battery features (charts/graphs, stats and MORE); Shortcuts; multiple time zones ... and a LOT more. Seems to be accurate battery wise. Oddly enough, so have not found battery size stat !
​mx

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
My Icon doesn't always vibrate when it should. Annoying but nothing more. It is also random enough that I think it to be just a Windows Phone thing and not Nokia's fault.

Speaking of vibration, the vibrator (in the phone now) is very weak. This appears to be a known issue per some other Google hits I found. It's very weak and short. So far I have not found a way to 1) increase the intensity and/or 2) increase the duration. Consequently, I'm missing a LOT of notifys !

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
My Icon likes to random reboot in my hand, in my pocket, wherever. Home WiFi speeds are atrocious sometimes, but never at school. I'm wondering if I should get a replacement and see if I have any better luck.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Wondering why when I'm on a web page and I press the back key it usually takes me to my main start screen. Only rarely does it go to the previous page that I wanted in the first place. To get that page I have to start over by reloading the site. Really starting to get annoying. Hope 8.1 fixes this.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Wondering why when I'm on a web page and I press the back key it usually takes me to my main start screen. Only rarely does it go to the previous page that I wanted in the first place. To get that page I have to start over by reloading the site. Really starting to get annoying. Hope 8.1 fixes this.
because the back button is for the os not ie. for ie there is no back button.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
OK Thanks, but wow, what does everybody do to go back a page? I think 8.1 should give us back and forth page swiping then.

Last edited:

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Did some testing at various sites using IE and it seems to be a sporadic issue. Not consistent at all. Guess it is what it is, just weirdly not each time.

gingerbeard87

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have some sound issues on mine. Volume could be set to 30 go to turn it down to 15 and the sound doesn't change. I then have to do a soft reset for the sound( volume) controls to actually work. Happens once in a while, but still a pain.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

it only goes back to the main start screen when there is no more content left behind.

I don't have an issue with this. Check your sequences.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
it only goes back to the main start screen when there is no more content left behind.

I don't have an issue with this. Check your sequences.
Thanks, but nah there's definite inconsistencies at work here. I can be several pages in or just two or three and sometimes it goes to the previous page and sometimes back to home. Maybe a can of bug spray should come with each device. :wink: Quirkiness at work along with the gremlins. :grin:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got my first "can't wake up phone" glitch (using 8.1)!! Woohoo!! I'm so excited! It took me 3 days though. Wonder why it happened now.

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
What color exactly should be face buttons be? It kind of an off white yellowish which I've seen other people say on here. I also notice a pinkish hue on the bottom left of the screen. I got the last Icon my store had so now I'm worried it will be a huge hassle to try and have them order me a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon