Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My Icon doesn't charge on my vehicles USB or outlet. Weird. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: Outlet charging works now. Don't know why it wasn't. USB still doesn't.

Last edited:

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting my Icon that had this pink hue changed. The new one I'm noticing has a yellowish hue on the bottom half of the screen. Its not that bad and I will probably just have to come to terms that Nokia dropped the ball on the screen quality. Read through this thread and tons of people are having screen issues so its not isolated. I want to make Windows Phone my new home so hopefully within the next year there is a new Nokia flagship without all these issues.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting my Icon that had this pink hue changed. The new one I'm noticing has a yellowish hue on the bottom half of the screen. Its not that bad and I will probably just have to come to terms that Nokia dropped the ball on the screen quality. Read through this thread and tons of people are having screen issues so its not isolated. I want to make Windows Phone my new home so hopefully within the next year there is a new Nokia flagship without all these issues.

Could you post a picture of this "yellowish hue"? Mine does not and none of the Icon's I've played with have a yellowish hue. Most people that I've seen complaining about some sort of discoloration just don't know what an OLED display looks like.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I just got my Nokia Lumia Icon from Fedex today, and I already have a few concerns. First, there is some give and popping just above and to the right of the Nokia Logo. Also, the SIM card keeps failing to activate.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that the screen "hue" is affected by the dimming feature. Turn the brightness up to Medium or Max to verify any screen issues. OLED screens look differently when dimmed. (I'm sure this is common knowledge.)

~Ex

reicher

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Icon since release day too.
I am now also noticing the squishy/creaky/loose back cover.
I tried to ignore it, as it really doesn't effect the function of the phone, which, BTW I love (especially with the 8.1 update)
I have been using a case, but I really don't like to, but that's the best way to not notice the squishy/creaky/loose back cover.
I spoke with the Verizon store and they said they would swap it out with no questions asked.
I guess that's what I am going to have to do.
I guess I will have to re-install all the 8.1 updates too of course.
Hopefully the new handset won't have the same issue after a few months.
The back wasn't loose at all for the first couple months.
It seems only a few others have this issue, so it must just be a build issue not a systemic issue with the design.

Oh well, if that's the only issue I am having that's pretty good.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread, but my sister's Icon is losing WiFi (and not because of range), then it won't reconnect. You have to restart the phone for the WiFi to reconnect.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read the whole thread, but my sister's Icon is losing WiFi (and not because of range), then it won't reconnect. You have to restart the phone for the WiFi to reconnect.

As does mine. I've found turning the wifi on and off will usually fix it. Not always, but usually.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have same issue with Lumia Icon, lost Wifi connection. I dunno why no prob with Lumia 928. So I'll test later where is problem, with router config or phone defect...
And I have question Nokia City Lense will work on Icon or never as Glance Screen?

assistman

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I've posted this a few other times, but thought I'd try again. My Icon does not sync my emails in a timely fashion. I have my @live.com and @gmail.com set for sync every 30 minutes and my exchange account set for 15 minutes. For example, just now, my Live and Exchange haven't updated for 38 minutes. Sometimes they will go for hours with out downloading. All sync just fine when I hit the manual button. "As items arrive" setting has the same issues....please help!

melmac1013

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had my NLI for about 2 days. A few glitches - 1) It does not work well with gmail, I have several work accounts and when trying to log in with what I know to be the right password(s) phone times out and tells me I've given it the incorrect password. 2) Now at work and had it logged into office wi-fi for an hour or so.. I come back to phone and it's logged out. Not only that but it's doing the thing it does with the gmail accounts and timing out every time I enter the (correct) password, sending me back to the wi-fi screen not connected. IMMENSELY FRUSTRATING. Thinking about sending it back.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm....I have several GMail accounts (one plain old GMail, another Google Apps Business) on my Icon and haven't had that problem. I would perhaps delete the GMail accounts from the phone and then set them up again.

There could be some type of issue with the WiFi radio though. Might try turning off WiFi, and use cellular data only, and see how the GMail accounts respond to that.

mrhappi79

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I opened up and cropped a picture in Nokia Camera. I then added a filter effect with the Nokia app. I text messaged it to three people. Soon there after my phone restarted itself. When it came back on the picture was gone. Both the original and edited one. I checked my text messages and the text wasn't there although the recepients received it. Luckily I had just saved the pictures on my PC so I put it back. However it gave me the message that I was going to replace the pictures, 5mp and 20mp even though they were no where to be found. It is on my phone again however I can't open it up in Nokia Camera because it thinks I didn't take it on the phone.

Anyone experience this? I can't have this happening especially if I haven't backed up my pictures.

Last edited:

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
WIFi is just a mess for me at this point. Regardless of the whole terrible-reception issue (I live in a 1000 square foot apartment and am considering setting up a repeater because the signal is so weak in my bedroom I can rarely use the internet), my biggest concern right now is that my phone will often refuse to reconnect to my home WiFi. If I leave and come back it won't connect. If I go into the settings and click on the network it will instantly pop up an error telling me I can't connect. Sometimes turning WiFi off and turning it back on will fix this, but other times the phone will be unable to turn the WiFi off, just "thinking" for minutes until I reboot the phone.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted for, but I'm hoping for a fix. Using headphones, if I listen to a Podcast (using the built in Music app) then try to play a song using the Xbox Music app, the volume get stuck at whatever the podcast was at. Turning the audio to 0 or 30 doesn't mute things or make things any louder. The only fix I've found is to reboot the phone, or play a song in the Music app then go back into the Xbox Music app.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
WIFi is just a mess for me at this point. Regardless of the whole terrible-reception issue (I live in a 1000 square foot apartment and am considering setting up a repeater because the signal is so weak in my bedroom I can rarely use the internet), my biggest concern right now is that my phone will often refuse to reconnect to my home WiFi. If I leave and come back it won't connect. If I go into the settings and click on the network it will instantly pop up an error telling me I can't connect. Sometimes turning WiFi off and turning it back on will fix this, but other times the phone will be unable to turn the WiFi off, just "thinking" for minutes until I reboot the phone.

I'm going to ask WP Central to write an article about this I think, and see if they can reach out to Nokia for comment on the WiFi range issue.

However, the other issue you mention, that it refuses to connect, is something I had occasionally before the latest 8.0 patch, but seems to have been fixed with that update. Have you applied that to your phone? Are you running 8.0 or 81?

jdotson69

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
My Icon soft resets by itself sometimes more than 3 times a day. I don't understand. This is my second Icon, the one before dropped on concrete and broke. But it never had this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon