Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard, nufan! Good to see you again. :smile:

Thanks! Any ideas on the screen gradient? Have you heard of it getting better for people? I love this phone so very much. I don't want to return it and deal with the fear of getting one with a different issue.... flashbacks to my 928. :amaze:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi All ... i am new to this forum. So first of all thanks to everyone for starting a thread on lumia icon.

Got my lumia icon a couple of days back ... facing couple of issues but not sure whether its an issue or icon is designed that way ..
1. Navigation keys are showing yellow tint instead of bright white ... i also own lumia 920 and it has a bright white which i love the most.
2. When i open setting and try to scroll up or down quickly ... the text goes dim and brownish and once the scrolling stops it comes up bright white again.

As far as #2, this seems to be a problem across the board for AMOLED displays. The black behind the white text is actual black, so scrolling quickly yields some discoloration as it's a lot of action going on. Think of a fastball being pitched in baseball. To the human eye, that baseball seems to have a greenish hue. But it's actually because of the speed at which the ball is moving and the background the ball is surrounded by.

My two cents.

jkishoret

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
After reading tru this thread ... i noticed color gradient issue in my icon ... very light purple color on right top corner of the device ... noticeable very much while writing email and browsing internet ... but i think i can live with it ... bcoz donno even if i return it and get a new one ... that might have some other problems.

But one thing i am worried is .. the purple color gradient wont increase down the line right .. if yes pls let me know so i can return it before the 14th day.

i know that ... glance is not available in icon ... but any of u have double tap to wake up and here city lens option in your devices ... isn't it supported by icon ?

TnA206

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The problem he's having I'd when the screen is stationary I had that problem with three of the icons and kept exchanging it till I got one that was acceptable, to me that's not acceptable, they need to figure that problem out!!!!!!

LukieC

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't select a single word while texting emailing or surfing the web in order to copy it and paste it elsewhere. When I hold my finger over the screen the cursor never changes and nothing is highlighted. Help. This is an incredible nuisance.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

dloendorf

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I am noticing an issue with my Icon. I have no apps open when I press the power button to turn the screen off. Some minutes later I feel the phone getting very warm...almost hot. I press the power button to turn the screen on and instead of the Start screen I see Resuming... Sometimes after 30-45 seconds the Start screen will appear but other times it never shows and I have to press and hold the power button to turn the phone completely off and restart. If I do not feel the heat in my pocket it will drain the battery in less than an hour. When I do recharge and restart I check Battery Sense app and it does not show any app that has excessive battery usage. It appears the Start screen gets caught in a tight loop.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. Can anyone provide help on how to find what is causing this?

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am noticing an issue with my Icon. I have no apps open when I press the power button to turn the screen off. Some minutes later I feel the phone getting very warm...almost hot. I press the power button to turn the screen on and instead of the Start screen I see Resuming... Sometimes after 30-45 seconds the Start screen will appear but other times it never shows and I have to press and hold the power button to turn the phone completely off and restart. If I do not feel the heat in my pocket it will drain the battery in less than an hour. When I do recharge and restart I check Battery Sense app and it does not show any app that has excessive battery usage. It appears the Start screen gets caught in a tight loop.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. Can anyone provide help on how to find what is causing this?

Do you have Cortana pinned to your Start Screen? If so, remove it and see if it stops.

pimp_dady

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I got my lumia 630 yesterday and i txted my friendand he got my txt but then he reply back and i only got half his txt and he has a iphone 5 pleases help

finz04

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone acting crazy - mind of its own

Mine is a Lumina Icon 929b. The random acts started 6 weeks ago. It even started dialing numbers from the call log. Hard reset did not work. Downloaded the Verizon image and install utility from Nokia and re-imaged the phone. That seemed to cure the problem for about two weeks. Now it's back and worse than ever. I can barely get through the setup after a reset or re-image. The phone is totally unusable at this point. Took it in to the Verizon store and we called tech support together. The store rep was able to verify the problem and that the phone shows no signs of abuse, damage, water, etc. Still within the 12 month warranty so they have agreed to replace it. They believe it to be a hardware issue and not a software problem. Sound like the digitizer as suggested in an earlier posting. It also sounds like a more widespread issue then I first thought.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone acting crazy - mind of its own

Sound like the digitizer as suggested in an earlier posting. It also sounds like a more widespread issue then I first thought.

On the contrary, yours is one of the two Nokia Lumia Icon digitizer problems in this fairly lengthy thread. I don't think it's widespread at all. Seems like you just got a bad apple.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Having Cortana pinned is what causes the phone to get hot? in combination with location services?

Nah, there is a bug with the DP and the ICON on some phones....If I use my phone doing anything (reading email or facebook/twitter, no games) for 3-4 min, the phone starts to get hot but, if I keep using it, after about 8-10 min, I have it put it down because it's very uncomfortable to hold.

I've heard I am not the only one with this issue... and NO cortana is not pinned on my phone....

a few people have said a Hard Reset sometimes resolves this but, I am going to wait till Cyan is released before doing that...

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Strange. Right after i downloaded the DP, my phone got very hot. Then when i placed it on the charger for the night, it was cool all day the next day. Same thing after downloading the Update 1 hot for the next few hours then cool all the next day after a full charge.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My icon seemed hot after the DP then I dl update one and phone is cool to the touch. Also, noticing that waking up phone after I hit the unlock button has a 1-4 second delay before unlock screen comes up....I believe this will be fixed with cyan though. Anyone else have this issue?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My icon seemed hot after the DP then I dl update one and phone is cool to the touch. Also, noticing that waking up phone after I hit the unlock button has a 1-4 second delay before unlock screen comes up....I believe this will be fixed with cyan though. Anyone else have this issue?

Just for grins try turning off wifi and see if that fixes it.

Santio

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Same here. And sometimes i can not 100% charge my phone, it stops at 99%, just don't know why.

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You need to manage the number of programs running in the back ground and webpages you opens. Also turn down your screen brightness. When you tax the processor it does put off heat because it is a quad core processor tucked in a small package. Mine gets a little warm but by no means is it going to burn my finger, you may be a exaggerating a little.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium