Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

Matthew McChesney

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Lumia Icon today, and noticed a problem with the camera, it cant focus on anything more than 5cm in front of it, anything past that is extremely blurry. I've tried adjusting the focus, but this seems to have no effect. Ive done a soft reset and a hard reset, neither of which did anything. Also, this problem doesnt seem to be effecting the front facing camera, only the rear facing one.

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Lumia Icon today, and noticed a problem with the camera, it cant focus on anything more than 5cm in front of it, anything past that is extremely blurry. I've tried adjusting the focus, but this seems to have no effect. Ive done a soft reset and a hard reset, neither of which did anything. Also, this problem doesnt seem to be effecting the front facing camera, only the rear facing one.

There are huge camera improvements in Lumia Cyan update. This might be an issue fixed in it.

How Much Does Lumia Cyan Improve the Camera? | For the Love of Tech

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
After reading tru this thread ... i noticed color gradient issue in my icon ... very light purple color on right top corner of the device ... noticeable very much while writing email and browsing internet ... but i think i can live with it ... bcoz donno even if i return it and get a new one ... that might have some other problems.

But one thing i am worried is .. the purple color gradient wont increase down the line right .. if yes pls let me know so i can return it before the 14th day.

i know that ... glance is not available in icon ... but any of u have double tap to wake up and here city lens option in your devices ... isn't it supported by icon ?

I have the same thing with the color gradi?nt, what did you do, send it back or..?

Matthew McChesney

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Either way, i took my phone back to the store, they couldnt figure out what the problem was so i got a new icon, this one works fine. Other than that camera problem i really like this phone, so glad i didnt get an apple or an android.

jrock504

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It appears as though if you have certain accounts on your phone such as Linkedin, the phone will act very strange. It will have trouble syncing email or saving settings.

Last edited:

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have issues with their camera when in video mode?

My sister has a really grainy video in low light situations when in video mode. I cannot tell if it's normal and it's adjusting to the light, or lack thereof, but there is an apparent layer of white/blueish haze on the screen and it's more apparent in the outer area of the screen. When I shake and wiggle it left and right, it's like a light show pulsating in the left and right rim/portion of the screen (in landscape orientation.)

She finally received a new one, although I think it might be refurbished. This one is bit better and it's fairly obvious. I also noticed the 'defect' one moves faster and isn't as smooth when shifting, which leads me to believe that the OIS mechanism isn't working properly. I still going to test both devices. Because I still notice a bit of grain and white haze in different situation to see if t's a screen issues or camera issue.

Alex Sonnenberg

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello there, I received my phone maybe a week ago, and I've started to see many problems already.

1. I immediately noticed my entire screen has a purplish tint that only goes away in medium or higher backlight.

2. I honestly don't see much of a difference between pictures taken on my 928 and the Icon at full zoom in camera, and in post-editing. Honestly I just don't know if its an issue or if I can't tell a difference.

3. The heating up is awful. I've turned off as many background apps as possible.

4. The phone only ever charges to 88% and dies within 24hrs on regular use (twitter, Bing, texting, and Cortana). Also I have tried on the stock Icon cord charger and the wireless charger I got with my 928. 88% on both.

5. The WiFi is also an issue.

6. I see the roaming triangle CONSTANTLY, and I never used to see it on the 928. I have roaming turned off.

7. Sometimes I will have great LTE signal and anything that uses data (apps, IE) wont work at all, but I can call and text.

That's it, I hope that either there's some way to get help and fix this, or that I can be another addition to the growing list so we can hit critical mass and get these issues noticed and rectified.

Also, side note. I can't seem to deselect a word when it gets highlighted on this site. All I can do is overwrite.

Ryansjedi

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have any issues with overall volume? I've got this thing cranked to 30 and it's still very quiet.

Also it appears that Vibrate doesn't trigger on Meeting Reminders...only incoming calls?

Caroline Fraser

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
yes please! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. In the beginning of August I stopped being able to group text on my Lumia Icon. I did an online chat w/a tech at Nokia and eventually they said it was a Verizon issue. After talking at length w/the Verizon tech he said it turned out that Nokia "came out with a software that unfortunately removed the feature" and "there is no estimated time when the issue will be resolved". He said someone at Nokia told him this.

So I can't send group texts & when people include me in a group text I can't see the thread.

Help if you can, please!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
yes please! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. In the beginning of August I stopped being able to group text on my Lumia Icon. I did an online chat w/a tech at Nokia and eventually they said it was a Verizon issue. After talking at length w/the Verizon tech he said it turned out that Nokia "came out with a software that unfortunately removed the feature" and "there is no estimated time when the issue will be resolved". He said someone at Nokia told him this.

So I can't send group texts & when people include me in a group text I can't see the thread.

Help if you can, please!

Nokia did no such thing...

Go to settings -> applications -> messaging. What do you see? This Is what I have. Group texting works great for me.

wp_ss_20140912_0003.jpg

Caroline Fraser

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem w/the vibrate feature - my iPhone used to practically jump off the table. I googled the problem and someone suggested downloading "vibeMassage + Sound FREE". At least you can test how intense you can make the vibrations and see if the phone is capable of going any higher. Didn't make any difference to my phone - my Lumia Icon barely moves when vibrate is turned on.

Caroline Fraser

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately that's what the tech support guy from Verizon said & I saved his text... When I worked w/the Nokia support person the only thing they could figure out was that it had to be Verizon's problem.

Anyway, I followed your instructions (thank you thank you thank you, btw) and at first it still didn't work - but when I turned on my data then it did!!!! I've noticed that some things won't work unless data is on - even though I'm sitting right next to my wireless router. Do you have any idea why this is the case?

Again - thank you SO much. I might just reply to that Verizon tech guy and let him know that my problem was solved thanks to WP Central's forums!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that's what the tech support guy from Verizon said & I saved his text... When I worked w/the Nokia support person the only thing they could figure out was that it had to be Verizon's problem.

Anyway, I followed your instructions (thank you thank you thank you, btw) and at first it still didn't work - but when I turned on my data then it did!!!! I've noticed that some things won't work unless data is on - even though I'm sitting right next to my wireless router. Do you have any idea why this is the case?

Again - thank you SO much. I might just reply to that Verizon tech guy and let him know that my problem was solved thanks to WP Central's forums!

Ah, okay. So group messaging is like sending media via text message. The network treats it as an "MMS" message. Both MMS and SMS go through the network. So I think that you'd need to keep data on in order to send either. But sending or receiving either forms of message does not technically count against your data usage.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that when brightness is set to automatic, areas that should be dark grey such as the keyboard or volume control when you hit the volume button are showing up as really bright grey. When i switch brightness to low or any other setting it goes back to dark grey/black. Anyone else notice this?

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
You really need to manage your background task. Usually there are a tone of items running in the background and the processor is running at full speed. Once I got in the habit of making sure I periodically close applications (such as web browser) and managed more accurately my notification center I have no had any issues with my phone warming up. Remember these are Snapdragon 800 chips with 2GB or RAM. A Lot can run in the background.

BurnInMyLight

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same charging issue (maxes out at 87%) since the day I bought my phone. If I soft reset, or power cycle with the SIM card out it temporarily fixes the problem (displays 100%), but then goes back to maxing out at 87. Should be getting shipped a new phone in the coming days so hoping this problem won't happen again. Very frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2