Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Only bug that I have noticed (besides the screen color hint of red) after doing a format with out restoring(Denim upgrade) is sometimes I will open a app and it will say "not connected to the internet" Tried to reinstall the app(s) and get the same thing every once and a while. Closing and re-opening the app (sometimes 2-3 times) will resolve the issue...

Ben Sgroi

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Also, has anyone else noticed that their touchscreen isn't nearly as sensitive and touching close the edge (to type the letter P for example) is nonexistent even on the highest sensitivity level? It wasn't great before the update, but now it just doesn't work. I never realized how often I use the P key until I didn't have it anymore.

I'm having this same problem; sensitivity around the edges has gotten really bad since Denim. I've noticed it on the P and the backspace sometimes too, but it's consistently bad at the top of the screen, so that it sometimes takes 3 or 4 swipes before the Action Center comes down. I've found that I basically have to PRESS the screen while swiping in order to get. It's like there's almost a dead spot in the top cm of the display. Really frustrating to have to repeatedly tap on a toast and have it do nothing, only to have the toast disappear as if I'd ignored it.

That_lumia_guy

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello i have the nokia lumia icon for about a year amd so far its a good phone takes great pics and all but only one problem ...the camera it wont work whenever i open the camera the screen turns black but the camera keys are visable but thats wirh the back camera but the front it works but u cant take pics and videos the button seems stuck thx reply asap thx

Ken296

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Volume Key Stuck Down permanently. I tried a reboot which was a mistake because when you hold volume down continuously during reboot you get an exclamation mark.

I found one or two other instances of this happening online but without a fix.

I did do a restore through windows phone tool but it is still doing it. Is my phone's board just jacked up?

My phone was sitting on the coffee table. When i picked it up this was happening. No heat, water, etc.

Any ideas? Super frustrating! I'm in a constant boot loop with exclamation mark

carowill

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
My phone died(battery just ran out) so I went to charge it and the battery flashed on the screen showing it was charging, so i left it there to charge. I later tried to turn it on and nothing happened; even the charging sign had gone away. I then tried using different chargers in different outlets and computers andd tried to charge through the night but my phone still will not buzz or light up like usual when plugged in and wont turn on at all.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Volume Key Stuck Down permanently. I tried a reboot which was a mistake because when you hold volume down continuously during reboot you get an exclamation mark.

I found one or two other instances of this happening online but without a fix.

I did do a restore through windows phone tool but it is still doing it. Is my phone's board just jacked up?

My phone was sitting on the coffee table. When i picked it up this was happening. No heat, water, etc.

Any ideas? Super frustrating! I'm in a constant boot loop with exclamation mark

Did you take the back cover off and inspect the button on the inside? Might be a simple fix or small part replacement.

VID on how to take the back off

Last edited:

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone died(battery just ran out) so I went to charge it and the battery flashed on the screen showing it was charging, so i left it there to charge. I later tried to turn it on and nothing happened; even the charging sign had gone away. I then tried using different chargers in different outlets and computers andd tried to charge through the night but my phone still will not buzz or light up like usual when plugged in and wont turn on at all.

How old is the phone....any idea? Battery might just be completely dead and you need a replacement one.

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
After changing my SIM card back to the original (I had an Irish one for 2 weeks during our vacation), my touch screen has decided that it doesn't want to work sometimes. I've shut down the phone a couple of times, but it hasn't made any difference.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the IE browser isn't working on some sites anymore (browser unsupported dialog on occasion)? My work site doesn't work on my phone, which since it's the whole reason I even have this phone is very annoying...

ange1Guardian

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought like one month ago a Lumia Icon the phone is on excellent condition flawless, But I'm having a weird issue with the screen or maybe software. There's like weirds pink or purple lines on the screen when the camera is open. On low light pictures the lines are present even on the photo. They are not only in the camera they are even on the boot screen before the Verizon logo and even the whole system more noticeable on gray colors. I'm on WP8.1 but the black on the screen its like a redish black its not pure black, I downgrade to Lumia Black WP8.0 but the lines and and redish black was there to. I need to know if someone has this issue before, what can I do? Buy a new screen? Or its a software related?wp_ss_20151015_0001.jpgwp_ss_20151015_0002.jpg

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Many folks, including myself, have experienced a reddish gradient in the blacks with the installation of Denim. Microsoft has never truly acknowledged / fixed this issue, and I don't expect they will, unless they decide to offer W10 Mobile for Icon, which seems unlikely. Their attentions are elsewhere, and perhaps rightfully so. The Icon is a fantastic phone that the rest of the world doesn't care about.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
For those of you experimenting the beautiful and sweet Reddish/brownish/greenish tints on the Icon, well, it's a firmware update failure, likely a wrong calibration like that found on the 930's purple screen disease.

It is causing the AMOLED to be lit almost always, as long as your brightness is set to anything higher than low.. Speaking of low, it's where you mostly can enjoy the Blacks, but also drain the greys to a reddish gray.

Battery is also a huge problem as it charges slowwwly and drain super fast, which makes no sense, giving this phone is 420mAh bigger than my 1020's 2000, and because of the SD800, power compsumition shouldn't be a problem (not compared to that of the 1020's S4 SoC).

Also, I've gone to the conclusion this is a booting problem, and IT IS a software problem, because it is only present inside Windows, and not in the NOKIA or the gears, so it is likely Verizon's part, in their well known behavior changing the bootloaders (I don't know if they do that on WP).

The only way to fix this is going back to 8.0 somehow (it is impossible to find the RM-927 .ffu files to flash them in 2016) and try as many time to update to Windows 10 as it takes so that the update process doesn't screws again the screen.

Life-wise, the Icon's battery problem seems to be a software issue, and our only hopes its Windows 10's feedback.

Hoping Microsoft will ever listen us. Or any other source to try to contact them. Such a powerful device, even in the 2016, and it's been left alone with no support from Microsoft.

Dakii Skaitt

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Don't waste money on a new screen, it's a software problem. See, turn off the phone in a dark room, and turn it on again, and pay attention to the NOKIA logo.

And as you'd see, it's completely black, just before Window's 8.1 logo appears which is where the issue shows up, then W10M logo appears, then Verizon's, and then you've successfully boot with a wrongly calibrated display.

Going back to 8.0 will fix this. Only if you're lucky enough to find said files to flash back the 8.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923