Pictures / Video taken with your Lumia Icon

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Turned on the option to save the raw images.
I left for vacation with 7gb free and came back with only 500mb, haha.

WP_20140821_16_48_26_Raw (1).jpg

upload1.jpg

Time to start going through and tweaking colors.

Vicente A George

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Do you have to have the Nokia Cyan update for this option? my Icon only gives me the option of jpeg 5Mp + 16mp DNG.

Perhaps this can be helpful
Three good reasons to convert RAW files to DNG

1 Durability

Not that the DNG files are technically most enduring in time, but it is clear that if we have a good number of RAW files from one manufacturer and within a few years, stop using it, format changes or disappears, we find files Photography will be increasingly difficult to disclose and process. And both used for. So the DNG, as an open standard, is postulated as a clear choice for the future.
If we convert our RAW files to DNG we have secured the ability to manage our digital negatives, either revealing them again, changing processing or for export, etc. In DNG assure us that over time we have access to our files, whatever the camera that has been taken.
As an open and publicly accessible format, you can always upgrade and adapt to technological changes of the future. And that's a very compelling advantage.

2 are smaller files

DNG files are, approximately, 20% smaller than the corresponding raw file. With which involves reduction of disk space. And fearing that it may be a file that we generate compression loss, we can rest assured that there is no any quality reduction. The file is compressed without affecting the image. And not only has an advantage when we accumulate hundreds of images, but also helps the workflow, and streamline file management, processing.
Although it may seem banal, when 14 megapixel files are processed and if you stick to the trend, which can be a huge RAW files future is no other to achieve a reduction of space and optimize the storage thereof.

3 All in one file

One reason is also very consistent that in one DNG file also contains all the metadata information of the image. Currently, when we process a RAW file, for example with Lightroom, we find an XMP metadata attached file where they are stored. Thus, if we lose this file we find a serious problem, especially if the work done with the image has been long and complicated. With DNG have all the information in the same file with no possibility for this to occur. We can also add private metadata to DNG files and thus get a clear differentiation.

anon(9047871)

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Fountain in the center of the Cotton Center business park in south Phoenix, AZ. My partner took pictures with his Samsung Galaxy S4. After seeing the difference between the pictures taken by the Icon vs. S4, it would be hard to go back to using my S4 for pictures.

Attachments

• WP_20140907_16_08_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140907_16_08_35_Pro.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 16
  • WP_20140907_16_18_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140907_16_18_02_Pro.jpg
    611.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What's the trick to taking a picture of the night sky? If I try taking a shot like that with my Icon, it just ends up being a black rectangle.

Use manual settings and expose for daylight. Since you're taking a picture of the moon, not the sky, and the moon is illuminated by the same sun that illuminates us during the day, you're really taking a daylight picture. Start with the Sunny f/16 rule, and adjust from there to get the exposure you want. Remember that your aperture is fixed, so you can't set it to f/16, so you'll have to adjust either the ISO or the shutter speed to accommodate.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
What's the trick to taking a picture of the night sky? If I try taking a shot like that with my Icon, it just ends up being a black rectangle.

For that shot I used an ISO of 100 and shutter speed of 1/1250. Sometimes I need to use a slower shutter speed of 1/800 if the moon is not as bright. I also focus manually because auto focus usually gives me a blurry result.

Takings pictures of the stars is trickier because sometimes the image comes out with a ton of noise and weird colors.

WP_20140716_20_58_49_Pro (2).jpg

For that one I used an ISO of 800 and shutter speed of 1.3 seconds. You should also turn up the brightness of your screen when taking pictures of the stars so that they show up better, because of the AMOLED screen.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying all the photos, so it's time for me to brag. When I got my first Lumia, a 928, people - a.k.a. iPhone owners -- were shocked by the sharpness of the pictures it took. When I got the Icon, I was blown away. I did myself a favor by accidentally smashing my 928 while packing the truck for a x-country trek from California to Maine this summer and picking up an Icon (thinking it had 8.1 pre-installed, lol): its camera is amazing! I especially like its ability to accent close subjects with excellent sharpness into the distance, such as the shot here from Yosemite w/ the road caught in the side-view mirror of my truck. This camera-phone has beautifully preserved our trip memories in Pro_highres!

Images are of: Yosemite, Mammoth Lakes, Grand Canyon, Papago Park in Phoenix, Cadillac Ranch in TX, Maine, and DC.

WP_20140531_08_39_29_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140531_17_06_51_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140604_08_57_55_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140604_19_17_01_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140606_15_38_57_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140801_06_49_09_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140824_13_40_06_Pro (2).jpg

Last edited:

yosoyjavi

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I work with special education students. Today one of my students asked me to draw a heart on our white board because he needed a visual reference for a card that he was creating for his mom. The first picture shows the picture I took of the heart on the dry erase board. I used the Nokia Camera on my Icon with no adjustments whatsoever to the settings.
jferrerheart1.jpg

The second picture was edited using Fhotoroom. I just played with the Saturation settings and fiddled with the Contrast. This is my first submission here, hope you enjoy :smile:

jferrerheart.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte